Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

APS Intercooled Single Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I'll try to get your answer on theses questions on this website....

Peter,

I know I asked you a similar question in another thread but what I'm trying to get at is...how or does the TT or ST feel significantly different in acceleration? Can you tell a difference? Is there more of a on/off feeling in the ST compared to the TT? If I drove both could I feel the difference in the torque curve?

Other than price and price installed, it seems from other threads you've been saying the only other difference is the potential power each kit could achieve. Is that the only difference that can be expected in the driving experience? Again, what beyond the potential, do I get for the $2K+ difference?

Without having an opportunity to drive either before buying, I'm basing my decision on your informed experiences. Please elaborate more the real world performance and how they both compare.

Thanks for enduring and replying to all the repititive questions.

Old 04-11-2005, 04:27 PM
bump for new updates...

Old 04-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Just jumping on the bandwagon for some much anticipated updates. This is looking like a great kit considering the ASP TT is a little out of the price range and the ST will knock a little off the wallet bruise. Time to start adding more to the FI fund!!! Keep up the good work Peter!

Old 04-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Ohio G Club Member
There's a GB coming soon on 350zmotoring.com forced induction forum by Tuan @ GRD.

Old 04-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by BrianlG35C
There's a GB coming soon on 350zmotoring.com forced induction forum by Tuan @ GRD.
Ya, i saw that, but it seems as though it is only for the 350z kit. If it was possible to know what the cost of the G35 'box' would be, then it would be pretty easy to determine if it is worth it. I think I am going to wait and see considering that the kit won't be out for another 2-3 months at the least.

Anyone know any unichip tuners in NY/Long Island area?? Would be nice to figure out if I am going to go at it myself or have a shop install it!

Old 04-13-2005, 05:12 PM
actually, if you look below the pricing details on the first page, it says to add $125 for the G35 supplement kit - so I'm "guessing" it will be available around the same time the S/T kit will be ready so they can release it for the Z's and G's at the same time (unlike the TT kit) - I'm definitely getting this kit, I just don't know if I'm ready to commit to this GB yet (imo, it's not enough of a deal for me as I'll probably be able to get one for $5k cash at a local dealer later this year)

Old 04-13-2005, 07:55 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by bzabodyn
bump for new updates...
Guys the APS web site has been updated with some new info and pics, in particular there are pics of the single turbo protection shield that you may like to browse, here's the link, http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/35...urbo/turbo.htm

Hope you enjoy and let me know if you have any questions.

Peter

Old 04-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Guys the nice thing about the APS kit is there is no tuning. It comes pre-tuned already. If you know how to install you can save money if not you don't need to pay for tuning. The APS unichip comes locked and can not be unlocked (need to be unlocked to tune) unless it is an APS authorized tuner. You don't need to tune unless you want more power than what the kit puts out of the box.

Old 04-14-2005, 01:01 AM
Awesome... what about other mods that may mess with the a/f? Like intake exhaust and other stuff. Wouldn't more air lean out the mixture and cause more detonation?

Old 04-14-2005, 10:38 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Gman2004
Guys the nice thing about the APS kit is there is no tuning. It comes pre-tuned already. If you know how to install you can save money if not you don't need to pay for tuning. The APS unichip comes locked and can not be unlocked (need to be unlocked to tune) unless it is an APS authorized tuner. You don't need to tune unless you want more power than what the kit puts out of the box.
how much power does it have out of the box? Hp/TRQ...the problem with them locking the box and it coming "pretuned" is, the tune it comes with doesn't consider other mods on the car...for example, I'm sure the tune come rated for a stock G35...so, if you have cats, exhaust and a plenum/spacer, you'll def run more lean than the guy who has a stock G...how do they deal with that?

Old 04-14-2005, 11:04 AM
The APS ST 350Z they are tested dynoed at 386rwhp on 94 octane with exhaust.

I don't know how they will address the additional mod issues. They already have an exhaust on the ST so they can tune for that. I am sure that you will come up with a map for a plenum since theirs is soon to be released. Peter can better anwer this question.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:21 PM
WRAH
Where can I get more info!!! I want MORE MORE!!!

Old 04-14-2005, 10:28 PM
if installing it myself, how hard is all the electrical stuff? and so i just install it and drive away?

Old 04-14-2005, 10:51 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
Just jumping on the bandwagon for some much anticipated updates. This is looking like a great kit considering the ASP TT is a little out of the price range and the ST will knock a little off the wallet bruise. Time to start adding more to the FI fund!!! Keep up the good work Peter!
I'm sure you guys in the US will be very impressed with both the performance and the completeness of the APS intercooled single turbo system for the VQ engine, the driveability and the rush from the APS single turbo is also very addictive.

I will post more updates for you guys over the coming weeks.

Thanks

peter

Old 04-14-2005, 11:44 PM
WRAH
Why 94 octane? Not 93, and mapping for 91 option as well.

94 seems like an odd number her in the US?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: APS Intercooled Single Turbo