Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Vortech List - FI Owners chime in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodG35
Belt size is smaller which is less belt to stretch.
928 Motorsports pulley is V Cut vs Square cut teeth like Vortech, V cut obviously allows much more contact surface to reduce belt slippage.

I got into a pissing contest on My350z over this mod. I used a spacer behind jackshaft drive pulley to eliminate need for machining cam cover. Experienced no uneven belt wear or noise, but to each his own on that mod.
Thanks. I will have to look into the gates belt length for DE bracket with 3.12 pulley and GTM tensioner.

Originally Posted by AreSicks
I had hot start issues with my 600cc dw injectors and the tuner got rid of the issue in 5 minutes.
Thank you. After further research I'm going to go with with my initial plan of using DW 600s. Seems that a quality tuner will be able to fix any idle issues from injectors as long as I'm not going with huge flow like 750s,800s.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So are people really experiencing belt slip with the 3.12 pulley? I haven't seen much about slip with the revised layout (from other forum members) yet it is a recommended mod on this thread. I know the 2.87 requires it, but didn't know the 3.12 did as well. thoughts?

Old 03-27-2012, 05:41 AM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Any updates on this build?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Sure. From my Progress Thread:

UPDATE

Bracket Blower and all Pipes Installed. Gauges done.

Thanks Danny Greengobbling for coming all the way from Miami and helping with the install Thanks SN00P & Thanks all of the guys here who provided valuable insight.

Wed: Fuel pump and Injectors get here. (Sent to South Florida by mistake)
Thrusday: Fuel pump, injectors and cog belt installation
Friday: Tune & Oil Cooler + 4 Hour drive to Miami oh yeah

Before

After

:YaaaaaBuddy

Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
In for dyno results. So are you not going with the GTM tensioner pulley? I get zero slip with my V3 and 3.12 pulley.

Nice build!

Old 03-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks

Yeah I should've documented the build with a thread specific to it as it could've helped future members, but I kinda added it it all to my Progress Thread. Didn't think about it, and was crazy busy just researching for the right parts, annoying vendors to get the parts, and such.

Quick Update
Yesterday: Received the Walbro fuel pump, DW 600 Injectors, and Uprev GT MAF

Last night: Bought the items needed to feed the boost gauge. Secured the hose for the BVP, got wires to extend the oil pressure sensor to the oil filter area.

Tonight: Installing boost gauge tee fitting & hoses. Using a strong windshield fluid hose to go to defi boost gauge . Only thing that I could find that works with the size needed, and that's what the original onwer used ( i didn't even know until I compared both at Napa)
Extending and installing oil pressure sensor wiring. Bought a 3 wire entension good enought for 190 degrees so I'll be good.
Preparing fuel pump for installation. Will follow the DIY and shave the tabs and such.
Buying 10MM extended socket to avoid any pressure leaks from the T-Bolt Clamps by re-tightening them .

Buying proper bolt for Mitsubishi Idler Pulley (similar to GTM Tensioner Mod Pulley), removing belt, installing pulley,removing unused pulley, and re-routing belt to revised setup.
Silencer: I won't be using the exact same at GTM, but similar. I wont tap the bracket because I'm going with the revised route that removes two pulleys and add a smooth pulley to a hole that comes pre drilled from factory.

Tomorrow: Installing fuel pump and injectors. Attaching oil drain hose, attaching oil pressure sensor hose, attaching bpv hose to plenum.

Friday: Tunnnnnne in the afternoon. Then 4 hour drive to South Florida ohhhhyah.

Weekend or early next week. Do the first oil change (recommended after a tune), and get my Setrab custom oil cooler installed. Decided to use that instead of a pan spacer, as both provide the extra one quart of oil that I'm looking for.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:00 AM
Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts
Bump howd it go man

Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM
Hey,

Got the tune on friday.
It was going to be from 2pm to 5pm, but I ended up leaving the shop at 10pm

Asked the shop to go over the install to make sure they didnt see anything grossly wrong since this was a self install, but after a quick peak, nothing major was wrong. They also helped me plug the oil pressure gauge sensor in, as this was the only part that was uninstalled when I got there. Couldn't figure out how to plug it into the stock oil filter area fittings.

The tune went great, after three pulls he achieved 415hp/375.5 tq, which was plenty for me!
I knew I was going to be high due to my art pipes, hks exhaust, plenum spacer, 600CCs and 255, but did not expect numbers like that, so I'm very happy.

Drove around that night and it pulled great! Then next morning filled up the tank to drive 4 hours to South Florida and as I'm pulling the pump out I realize gas is dripping out under the car. I freaked out thought they punctured the tank or something lol. Called my life-line Danny Greengobblin lol and was able to diagnose that I didn't seal the o ring for the fuel pump door correctly, so after I fixed that, the 4 hour drive went smooth and VERY FUN

I'm very happy with the results, it sounds so crazy it's unbelievable. I recommend the kit to anyone who is considering doing so. If my engine doesnt pop anytime soon, this is be by far the best money I've dumped in the car. I would do this before any cosmetic mod, with the knowledge that exhaust, rims/tires, test pipes and clutch/flywheel have to be done first. Coilovers or stiff springs are also necessary for safety, as well as good brakes.

This has been a great experience, I'm glad that I didn't have a shop to do the install.

Oil cooler will be done tomorrow if all goes well, and for now this build will be complete.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Very nice man happy to hear to hear it all workd out.
About to attempt the install myself tonigh

Old 04-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Nice! What type of dyno? And did you get a graph to post up?

Old 04-04-2012, 06:19 AM
What size belt did you end up getting