Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Hills Garage ~500 WHP out of a Vortech with ease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TougeMonsterG35
lol
Maybe you misread, i'm building the motor for more power, not because the power I was pushing now destroyed the motor :] I'll be happy to take a video to show you it still runs like a champ.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 PM
RCL
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by AreSicks
Maybe you misread, i'm building the motor for more power, not because the power I was pushing now destroyed the motor :] I'll be happy to take a video to show you it still runs like a champ.
I like your attitude.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Have you taken your car down the 1/4 with your new found power?

Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 AM
Originally Posted by g35hp306
Have you taken your car down the 1/4 with your new found power?
Out of all the runs I have done my best is 12.4 @ 117 on my Hankook street tires. No traction in 1st and babied 2nd with a horrible 2.4 60 foot. It's easily in the 11's with the right tires.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:45 AM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Eh if I eventually will have to build it anyway, might as well run it into the ground and have some real numbers to hand out as to what these motors can push with factory internals.;]
Stick with this statement before you decided to go turbo. You just laid down thousands of dollars enjoy it for awhile or until it goes. I know boost is so addicting! If it wasn't for these smog laws in Cali I would have gone TT after all the research I've done instead of a S/C. Enjoy it!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by unvmyg
Stick with this statement before you decided to go turbo. You just laid down thousands of dollars enjoy it for awhile or until it goes. I know boost is so addicting! If it wasn't for these smog laws in Cali I would have gone TT after all the research I've done instead of a S/C. Enjoy it!
I was originally going to do a Momentum kit but the supercharger was just so much easier. Now I see G's and 350's with less power running the same times as me (and I feel I drive the car decently well). The problem with the s/c is the low torque numbers (and peak power being at max engine RPM), belt slippage etc (although I didn't get any belt slip with the Gates racing belt I have on now). So I have decided to go with the Boosted Performance kit for its ease of install. I drive this car EVERY day so if something goes wrong I do not want to be trying to mess with twins in a cramped *** engine bay and such.

The real thing that prompted this all of a sudden, was the beater I found. I found my first car and plan to drive that all winter, and with a second vehicle I can finally afford some down time on the G. The G would be useless in the snow and ice anyway so if I cant enjoy it I might as well make it more enjoyable for next season :]

I say all of this to make myself feel better and try to hide the fact that yes, I am addicted to boost and spend entirely way too much money on this car. But hey, one press of the gas and i'm suddenly cool with that fact

Last edited by AreSicks; 11-15-2012 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by unvmyg
Nice numbers on your build btw! Looks like those cams really boosted your torque numbers. They are on the list for my build, but i'm going to stick with rev-up heads and do the S7 cams. Probably throw in meth injection just for an added safeguard.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Impressive as hell, wow.

How much more torque, if any, would the Stillen SC provide over the Vortech?

Old 11-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by jstudrawa
Impressive as hell, wow.

How much more torque, if any, would the Stillen SC provide over the Vortech?
From the research I did, the Stillen has more linear torque, and more of it down low since it is a roots style blower, but it lacks the top end grunt that a Vortech or Procharger gives. Along with the fact you have to run a different hood it seems like a hassle.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Trust me on this the Stillen roots type is a total waist of money.And nice numbers aresicks but ill stick with turbos cause there is no better feeling then torque down low and hoseies up top....ya know what i mean...lol

Old 11-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
Trust me on this the Stillen roots type is a total waist of money.And nice numbers aresicks but ill stick with turbos cause there is no better feeling then torque down low and hoseies up top....ya know what i mean...lol
Lol I feel ya. Ill know what the extra torque feels like this coming year, and finally break 11's. Then it's time to build the beater, hah! Giving the old Nissan CA18DET a little love when that happens.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
Lol I feel ya. Ill know what the extra torque feels like this coming year, and finally break 11's. Then it's time to build the beater, hah! Giving the old Nissan CA18DET a little love when that happens.
Thats cool but build the beater...hell no...lol

Old 11-17-2012, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by superchargedg
Thats cool but build the beater...hell no...lol
Lol why not! The CA motor was the pre-courser to the SR motors and you can push 350-400 on stock internals. Can you say sleeper? lol

This car will be running 11's before the daily gets anything more than nice wiper blades.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:44 AM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
I ran 589whp and 609ftlbs on my stock internals for a year with no issues, red35 has been running 505whp on his stock internals for a couple years. Both of us have over done fuel and cooling systems. In my opinion that and tuning has a lot to do with it. It may go but if your prepared for that have fun with it, at 589whp every time I went WOT I was fully expecting a BOOM. I was racing a an SRT4 and one of my inner fenders came off...I thought for sure I put a window in the block.

The following users liked this post:
AreSicks (11-21-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Sylvan lake V35
I ran 589whp and 609ftlbs on my stock internals for a year with no issues, red35 has been running 505whp on his stock internals for a couple years. Both of us have over done fuel and cooling systems. In my opinion that and tuning has a lot to do with it. It may go but if your prepared for that have fun with it, at 589whp every time I went WOT I was fully expecting a BOOM. I was racing a an SRT4 and one of my inner fenders came off...I thought for sure I put a window in the block.
Nice! What brand of Dyno were those numbers on?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hills Garage ~500 WHP out of a Vortech with ease