Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Hills Garage ~500 WHP out of a Vortech with ease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:21 AM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by bchalks
Thats awesome.
Could you please elaborate on your "over done fuel and cooling system"?
Also curious as to how many miles were on your motor at the time?
Cant speak for his, but my fuel system is a CJM stage two, which is larger fuel lines from the tank all the way to the motor, then a large return line all the way back to the tank. Upgraded pump, injectors etc. People have ran ~700 hp on a single pump with this setup, but upgrading to dual pumps would make it even more capable - I wont be pushing 700 though ;]

As far as cooling goes, an upgraded radiator is a must. The motor that is being built for the car will also be running a modified coolant inlet and HR head gaskets for better cooling.

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Thanx for the quick reply. Cant wait to see what you get out of the twin turbo setup. I am in for the numbers

I'm going with a medium frame single turbo though, and I WILL hit over 550 on pump gas. I plan on turning up the boost until im over 550, although with the cams and all of the other bolt on's I have I dont expect to have to turn up the boost much, maybe 12-15 psi. Once I get some good numbers at the track at that power level, i'm going to throw in some meth injection and go over 600hp. For a daily driver, Frank suggested I stay in the 550 if I plan on sticking with pump gas.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:51 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
550whp can be done on pump. I was making that @15psi on a single DW300 pump,
Cali 91 octane. Also 600whp can be done without meth injection if you choose. Twin GT-30s will do the trick with the right supporting mods.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by N8Deezy
550whp can be done on pump. I was making that @15psi on a single DW300 pump,
Cali 91 octane. Also 600whp can be done without meth injection if you choose. Twin GT-30s will do the trick with the right supporting mods.
Agreed it can be done, but I beat the **** out of my car, take it on 8+ hour road trips, and track it a lot so ill stick to franks advice and keep it on a safe tune around 550 till I get some meth flowin through her

Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by AreSicks
Agreed it can be done, but I beat the **** out of my car, take it on 8+ hour road trips, and track it a lot so ill stick to franks advice and keep it on a safe tune around 550 till I get some meth flowin through her
That's ballsy without low-comp pistons at the minimum, but understood with your direction.
Good luck

Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by N8Deezy
That's ballsy without low-comp pistons at the minimum, but understood with your direction.
Good luck
The motor is being built as we speak. Low comp pistons, rods, cams etc. 550 will be a conservative number for what this motor will handle.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:21 AM
The motor is being built as we speak. Low comp pistons, rods, cams etc. 550 will be a conservative number for what this motor will handle.
It's fairly conservative all things considered. I'm goin thru a build as well.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Well a few days at the drag strip and plenty of beating on it on the street and it is still running without issue. I am however going to buy a beater this week, then over the winter build the motor and switch to turbo so I can see what 600whp feels like (and have the torque to go with it for once) :] Anyone afraid to push the VQ close to 500 on stock internals, id say as long as you have confidence in your tuner and supporting modifications, GO FOR IT! Anyone looking to go supercharged, be on the lookout for my V3 tuner kit for sale. Will include the upgraded intercooler and I have some DW600 injectors for sale as well. Pretty much all you will need for good power is an upgraded fuel pump and the GT maf if you want over 400hp.
Is your car the white 350z with the engine out at hills?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by nyqueenz
Is your car the white 350z with the engine out at hills?
Its the white G35 with the red Akebono brakes.

The following users liked this post:
nyqueenz (01-31-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 02:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
damnn

Old 01-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by bchalks
Thats awesome.
Could you please elaborate on your "over done fuel and cooling system"?
Also curious as to how many miles were on your motor at the time?
I was just reading old threads and thought I would update if anyone ends up searching this.

My fuel system was CJM twin 255 pumps custom twin -8 feed lines through a -12 filter into CJM billet rails, HKS 1,000cc injectors aeromotive pressure regulator and a -6 return line. With a aquamist water/meth injection kit. I also had an aftermarket rad and fans.

Red35 had a similar fuel system but using some cosworth stuff and I think he had smaller injectors. He also ran and aftermarket rad and water meth.

We both had JWT TT kits mine was the 850bb his was the 700bb his is still running to this day and he had it dynoed in another city on a Dynodynamics and it made a similar low 500whp. My engine was pulled still running but swapped out for a low compression forged internal engine.

BobbleHead (03-20-2014)
Old 07-02-2015, 09:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
bringin this thread back, what blower ?how much psi? im trying to understand these numbers when i have similar mods and im 100 hp less

Old 07-02-2015, 09:41 PM
Setup at the time was on a 06 6mt revup. Stock sci v3 blower with the 2.87 pulley, bigger intercooler, custom intake setup to the blower, mrev2 with half inch spacer, uprev gt maf, nvidia catback, gutted berks cats, momentum headers, fic 650cc injectors and a cjm stage 2 return system with a wb255 pump. Cant recall what boost i was hitting at the time but i want to say it was around 12 psi. Id have to read back through the thread i may have mentioned it. The car wanted to make more but we started pulling timing since it was a stock block.

Last edited by AreSicks; 07-02-2015 at 09:48 PM.
philthethrilloh (07-04-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 12:43 PM
Setup at the time was on a 06 6mt revup. Stock sci v3 blower with the 2.87 pulley, bigger intercooler, custom intake setup to the blower, mrev2 with half inch spacer, uprev gt maf, nvidia catback, gutted berks cats, momentum headers, fic 650cc injectors and a cjm stage 2 return system with a wb255 pump. Cant recall what boost i was hitting at the time but i want to say it was around 12 psi. Id have to read back through the thread i may have mentioned it. The car wanted to make more but we started pulling timing since it was a stock block.
got ya, reason i ask is im only making 9 psi with a si blower and a 2.87 pulley.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Yea i got 8 or 9 with the 3.12 pulley. Sounds like you have some belt slip. I was using a gates racing belt (blue color) and had zero slip. Expensive but the best belt i ever used with the setup. See if they make one in the size you need or even close to the size. You have a good bit of adjustability on the tensioner. You can always cjange cog pulleys too and put the larger blower pulley back on to help with the slipping.

philthethrilloh (07-04-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Yea i got 8 or 9 with the 3.12 pulley. Sounds like you have some belt slip. I was using a gates racing belt (blue color) and had zero slip. Expensive but the best belt i ever used with the setup. See if they make one in the size you need or even close to the size. You have a good bit of adjustability on the tensioner. You can always cjange cog pulleys too and put the larger blower pulley back on to help with the slipping.
yeah thats what i was thinking but the shop doesnt think there is any slip or boost leaks thats why im so perplexed. was hoping for numbers close to your build . hope fully i can get this fixed and have a badd *** vortech z like you. cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hills Garage ~500 WHP out of a Vortech with ease