Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

JWT Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Explain???

+1. . .

Old 09-20-2005, 06:21 PM
i think "prototype" is the wrong word. JW already made the kit.right now just pending on carb approve.meanwhile,they installed a fews on VRT's car and said "there take it to the track or whatever.test drive it to see if any problem come up" i want to say "test dummies" but that might be the wrong word too.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:50 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TINMAN
i think "prototype" is the wrong word. JW already made the kit.right now just pending on carb approve.meanwhile,they installed a fews on VRT's car and said "there take it to the track or whatever.test drive it to see if any problem come up" i want to say "test dummies" but that might be the wrong word too.
The JWT TT kit is complete. It is in its final stage of CARB approval. (one last test to pass) before it is released to the public (we've been told). Meanwhile VRT (Violent Racing Technolgy) has had a few of these kits on our cars (G35 coupes and 350Z's all 6MT) The kits are complete, they work great and are very easy to tune on. The kits are track, dyno, and street proven on built and on stock VQ35 engines. They are proven performers and until their official release date, will remain being called "prototypes" as specified by JWT. We are very limited on the info. we are allowed to give out to the public regarding these awesome JWT TT kits. "Patience is a virtue"

Old 09-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wa2good
The JWT TT kit is complete. It is in its final stage of CARB approval. (one last test to pass) before it is released to the public (we've been told). Meanwhile VRT (Violent Racing Technolgy) has had a few of these kits on our cars (G35 coupes and 350Z's all 6MT) The kits are complete, they work great and are very easy to tune on. The kits are track, dyno, and street proven on built and on stock VQ35 engines. They are proven performers and until their official release date, will remain being called "prototypes" as specified by JWT. We are very limited on the info. we are allowed to give out to the public regarding these awesome JWT TT kits. "Patience is a virtue"

Sounds great and might be true, but I don't believe it until I see it. I would like for you to share more information with us and understand why you really like JWT. I wonder if you contact them and see if you are able to release some information being that it really can't hurt (#'s, photo's, dyno's).

Old 09-21-2005, 02:17 AM
JWT might be a great kit but they have waited sooooooooo long to bring the kit to the public. when i first heard about this kit 350whp was the 'limit' on boosted VQ motors. now with all the options (turbos and superchargers) out there and companies releasing 'tuner' kits, i think this kit will be a hard sell at 7 grand.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bullitproof
JWT might be a great kit but they have waited sooooooooo long to bring the kit to the public. when i first heard about this kit 350whp was the 'limit' on boosted VQ motors. now with all the options (turbos and superchargers) out there and companies releasing 'tuner' kits, i think this kit will be a hard sell at 7 grand.

Nice point, I guess it depends on whats more important power or carb?

Old 09-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
So that brings up a good point. How does one find out where CARB certification is necessary? (ie. in which states is it important?) I live in NC so that's what I'm interested in, but who do you ask - DOT for my state?

Old 09-21-2005, 11:35 PM
CARB is California Air Resources Board so that should give you a hint. I think New York also has a similiar test but I don't think they are as stringent on the visual as CA.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:23 AM
theres no BOV with this kit? therefor no spooling? this kit is going to be quiet, almost similiar to stock sounding then?

Old 09-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Pretty sure sure it will have some kind of compressor bypass valve that will reciculate into the intake tract. you'll hear it but not like you would a 'typical' BOV.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:31 AM
Originally Posted by bullitproof
Pretty sure sure it will have some kind of compressor bypass valve that will reciculate into the intake tract. you'll hear it but not like you would a 'typical' BOV.
That's how JWT intended the kit to work, and I assume that functionality made it to production. Quieter, more stock sound. Which I would prefer, personally.

Interesting point about selling a $7K kit for 350 whp in the current market...

I don't think "prototyping" is the right word, either.

Sounds more like "guinea pigging" to me.

Last edited by trebien; 10-01-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Any updates on the JWT kit?

That last CARB test get done yet?

Dave

Old 09-30-2005, 01:26 AM
Banned
Not as of 2:00 PM today. The government drags their feet quite a bit. It is out of JWT's hands now, It sucks to be patience sometimes.

Old 09-30-2005, 10:52 AM
What do you mean by no spooling if there's no bov? You will still hear the turbos spooling, you just won't hear the bov venting to the atmosphere. Can somebody from VRT tell us what it sounds like? My friend has a VW GTI with a diverter valve instead of a bov and his car still sounds like a bov. Does the JWT kit car make any sound when letting off the throttle? Do the turbos sound loud under spooling?

Old 10-03-2005, 11:52 AM
anyone?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JWT Twin Turbo