Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

JWT Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
JWT Twin Turbo

In California and a growing number of other states, one the most popular questions with todays enthusiast is, "Will it pass smog?" Many want performance increases without the hassles of dealing with this major headache. JWT has taken away the pain associated with the smog legal question. The new 350Z/G35 Turbo Kit is currently going through the final steps of the C.A.R.B. emission certification process and will soon carry the The C.A.R.B ceritification, as many JWT products currently do.

The JWT turbo kit is targeted at 400HP. However, the twin 530BB setup leaves plenty of room for pushing the power up into the 530HP range, with additional engine modifications.

Will the price really be 7k? Would it be better to go with Vortech? Will the Z have 1 IC and would we be able to do that with our G's?

Old 02-07-2005, 03:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 06-30-2005, 05:51 AM
Does anyone have any information on this kit and if it will realease before 2050!!!

Old 06-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i believe they has website and phone numbers yes?

Old 06-30-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Does anyone have any information on this kit and if it will realease before 2050!!!
A good place to start.

Attached Thumbnails JWT Twin Turbo-szm-19-summer_210.jpg  

Last edited by DaveO; 09-22-2005 at 01:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeah, like Dave said above, pick up the SportZ mag. I got mine so I can tell you what they said about it. Basically, as you see in the top pic the G will have dual intercoolers and the Z will have one. I actually think they said the Z will have 1. There is no blowoff valve with this kit. They used two bypass valves that recirculate the air instead of blowing it out into the atmosphere. So it's very quiet. The 3 test drivers for SportZ all said that if Nissan made a kit for the G and Z, this would be the one that it would be like. Everything fits like OEM and the car has the power in the right places. From the dyno chart in the mag, everybody is impressed with how much torque and how early the torque comes in on this kit. If you're going to build your engine for high horse power, this isn't the kit for you because the turbos will be maxed out. This is the kit for you if you want to keep the engine the way it is and bolt on a kit for more power. The judges in the mag said this kit is quiet and the car's exactly like stock, but with a lot more power now. The two turbo's are smaller than the other kits so they spool up faster. Injectors do not come with the kit. They use the stock injectors and are just turning up the pressure. JWT has there own piggyback to control timing that will come with the kit. I believe they said they're releasing the kit at 6.8psi My opinion is that this will be the kit that runs the smoothest, but you are limited to how much power you want. To me, I don't want all out power on my G, because there's no traction so I'll end up killing myself. So this is the kit I'm waiting for. From the comparison of all the other kits they reviewed in the mag, this one outshined. JWT has a long respected name for their work on Nissan's. Definitely go out and buy the SportZ magazine so you can read it all for yourself.

Old 07-01-2005, 12:48 PM
If and when this kit is released, first batch will be only for the '03 Z's and G's manuals. Due to ecu different on '04's and up. '04 an 5AT's will be released after testing is complete.

Old 07-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Sport Z Magazine Turbo Shootout

IMO, all the turbo systems we tested are worthy of your consideration. One of the reasons why no single system was declared the winner was because each one of us has different priorities.

I've been monitoring this thread as well as others with great interest and have some observations.

1 - Some posters seem to have mis-read the JWT "On the Street" section of our Turbo Shootout Article. Basically we said the JWT TT system "feels like" what we believe Nissan would build if they made a 350ZTT. Nowhere do we say the words "designed like".

2 - The conclusions of some after driving a JWT TT car, and completed their detailed "first hand" analysis of the JWT TT components and installed system, are certainly different than mine.

3 - Rumor control - After Jim Wolf turned the keys over to me, I found the low fuel light on. His car took 17+ gallons of Texaco 91 octane Kalifornia Designer Gas before we started the test drive and dyno session.

Here's a picture we didn't use of Mrs. Wolf's 350ZR M3 slayer's engine. (You'd have to hear the whole story first hand to understand the full meaning of "M3 slayer".)

Attached Thumbnails JWT Twin Turbo-mrs.-wolf-s-350z-roadster.jpg  

Last edited by DaveO; 09-22-2005 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:07 PM
I heard they might be releasing a tuner kit, until they can get carb?

Old 07-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Can you tell us the story of why you are calling it the M3 Slayer engine?

Old 07-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by KjbAlto
Can you tell us the story of why you are calling it the M3 Slayer engine?
You'll have to use your imagination. A hint... pulling hard and, from the rear view mirror, saw parts coming out from under the M3's engine bay at xxxmph...

I'm sure you get the idea.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:57 PM
I've been involved in the performance industry for a long time, since back in the day when JWT worked on the original 300ZXTT (which I loved). I can't wait for more information on this product...

It won't be a 1/4 drag queen... and isn't meant to be. Around 350 WHP and I'd be happy. Can you say "sleeper"?

Old 08-18-2005, 02:24 AM
yes... we're all waiting for more information.. hopefully the information includes "JWT TTsetup fits all G35 Coupe/Sedan 03-05". Come on JWT Peeps!

Old 08-18-2005, 04:24 AM
Not sure if this kit will ever realease!!!

Old 08-18-2005, 10:27 AM
This is getting to be like the Dreamworkes supercharger! Come on release it as a tuner kit for us that don't live around Converter ****'s. There must be for to this than they are telling us.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JWT Twin Turbo