Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

JWT Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know the stock STi's have a bypass valve, you still get the sound but it is more inside of the car than out.. not nearly as loud as a BOV

edit: i may be wrong on the STi's having a bypass valve.. but that is coming from what someone else told me.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seen the kit in person and in pieces......

The kit is very nicely executed! all oil and water lines are hard lines like on the r33GTR, it very well does look 'oem' like. Complete. Very quiet also, depends on exhaust set up. The bov is recirced, sounds like a stock turbo jetta bov "fluttering".

Old 10-03-2005, 12:23 PM
I think JWT should just sell the kit as an 'off road use only', with or without carb approval. Might as well sell them now, before everyone buys another kit.

Old 10-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by 4rcedFed
I think JWT should just sell the kit as an 'off road use only', with or without carb approval. Might as well sell them now, before everyone buys another kit.
Agree. Not everyone cares or needs CARB approved products.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by KjbAlto
What do you mean by no spooling if there's no bov? You will still hear the turbos spooling, you just won't hear the bov venting to the atmosphere. Can somebody from VRT tell us what it sounds like? My friend has a VW GTI with a diverter valve instead of a bov and his car still sounds like a bov. Does the JWT kit car make any sound when letting off the throttle? Do the turbos sound loud under spooling?
The cars with the JWT TT kit sound very quiet with a slight turbo spool sound followed by, kind of muffeld air discharge sound. It sounds to me almost like a BOV with a pillow strapped around it LOL. The sounds are all there, but quiet and not obnoxious. If any one would like to here one come out to one of the track days we attend or PM me and come down and I will demonstrate.

Old 10-04-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm jumping into this thread late, but I didnt see the specs on this kit. But it appears that is going to be sold for $7k and net 350whp? Is that right? How much torque, that's the more important number...

Old 10-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Would be nice and thoughtful if someone from JIM WOLF got on here and gave us some information!!!!!!!!

Old 10-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Would be nice and thoughtful if someone from JIM WOLF got on here and gave us some information!!!!!!!!

You could, of course, try their website, and see if that answers the questions; and if that doesn't, you could try the contact info on their website.

But thats just crazy talk....

Old 10-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by caelric
You could, of course, try their website, and see if that answers the questions; and if that doesn't, you could try the contact info on their website.

But thats just crazy talk....

Lets see, JW has been on the back burner forever, they will tell you the same thing all the time thay are working on carb! Nothing new.

Why do you think everyone has been asking for updates?

now that sounds like crazy talk!!!!

Old 10-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Ivory05G
I'm jumping into this thread late, but I didnt see the specs on this kit. But it appears that is going to be sold for $7k and net 350whp? Is that right? How much torque, that's the more important number...
From what I know and have learned from these kits (can't go into great detail here) your WHP level guess, is VERY conservative. The torque is arround the same as the WHP.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by G2FAST
Lets see, JW has been on the back burner forever, they will tell you the same thing all the time thay are working on carb! Nothing new.

Why do you think everyone has been asking for updates?

now that sounds like crazy talk!!!!
Maybe because there are no updates, and they are still waiting for CARB approval.

Or maybe it's a vast, right wing conspiracy.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Lenny
it will definatly be interesting to compare the numbers between this JWT and the APS, as both are very reliable kits. I think that will be the break even point for most people's decision's on what kit to get. 350 at the wheels is very nice if you know you engine is feeling as well as you are, but for the more crazy folks like me, makes you want to go up-an-attit with some more parts to throw on. I would also like to know more about this (non-bov) setup. I acutally prefer the sound of the bov to anything else...would be nice if there was an alternative to this situation...

Old 10-10-2005, 10:24 PM
APS will start with getting there TT carb aproved soon also, if they get there kit aproved I think there will be alot of people going to that side.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Banned
Wink

Originally Posted by VQ35sleeper
it will definatly be interesting to compare the numbers between this JWT and the APS, as both are very reliable kits. I think that will be the break even point for most people's decision's on what kit to get. 350 at the wheels is very nice if you know you engine is feeling as well as you are, but for the more crazy folks like me, makes you want to go up-an-attit with some more parts to throw on. I would also like to know more about this (non-bov) setup. I acutally prefer the sound of the bov to anything else...would be nice if there was an alternative to this situation...
We know on a stock motor, the JWT kit at 7ish psi CAN, and DOES make more than 350 at the wheels. Although the APS is a great and well made kit, after trying both kits the JWT kit wins my vote. Easier to install, easier to tune, and very well rounded, with an OEM look. These (JWT and even APS) TT kits are in a class of there own.

Old 10-11-2005, 02:27 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse, but the kit isnt out yet!!!!!!!! for those that are fortunate enough to get their vehicles to vrt, an argument can be made that the jwt kit is better. but for the 99% of us that don't live near you guys, or can't get cross country to give up our cars long enough to turbocharge it with a 'prototype' system, this system is not practical right now. like i said in an earlier post, i tried to wait for the kit to be released since i heard about it. nearly a year and a half later, they are still dragging their heels. sorry if i sound a little miffed, but the only opinions i heard on the kit come from vrt and axis, both companies that work hand in hand with jwt. i don't have a sponsorship, own or work for a shop, so when i start hearing from normal working folk that the kit has been released and it's all good, i'll be a little skeptical of the greatness of the jwt prototype twin turbo kit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JWT Twin Turbo