Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

APS TT System 05 G35 coupe - 420 WHP on 91 0ctane fuel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about APS TT on a sedan? How about the G35x?

Old 05-24-2005, 05:44 PM
aps
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldSport
Maybe a stupid question but I must ask, considering this was made specifically for the 05' coupe, will it be possible to fit it onto an 05' sedan with no problems?
I have no experience with the G35 sedan so you would need to have an APS dealer look at your sedan to see if there are any complications - sorry I can't tell more.

Pm me if you need help with a dealer.

Peter

Old 05-24-2005, 05:47 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by BIRU
Hi Peter

I was wondering if u could get me a contact number in australia for APS TT for V35 coupe... I have 05 nissan V35 coupe and I am located in Jakarta Indonesia.... I am not sure if G35 coupe share the same system as my car therefor i need information on this aswell

Thanks

Ari
Here you go Ari, 61 3 9761 7244.

Peter

Old 05-24-2005, 05:57 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by VQ35sleeper
very interesting. is there a lot of stress on the engine internals...since it is completely stock other then the tt and exhaust?
Not really, as long as you keep the engine rpm down to a sensible level (not above the stock rpm limit) and tune the engine safely for the fuel octane your using the VQ engine is very safe at around 380 to 400 WHP.

If you intend revving the engine over the stock RPM limit then I would recommend installing a better set of forged con rods - other than this the VQ engine has proven to be very durable to date.

For those living in extremely hot environmental conditions (some parts of the US, middle east, Australia, etc, etc) you may want to consider fitting a more efficient cooling radiator if you track the car, a set of colder spark plugs (1 heat range colder) would also be worthwhile.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Peter

Old 05-24-2005, 08:11 PM
aps
Banned
Originally Posted by brittain
dude, what do you expect Peter to say, "Yes, it is overstressed and will blow at any minute. You'd better stand back."
Good point though to be frank the stock VQ engine is fairly strong, just keep the engine rpm at the stock rpm limit (raising the rpm limit is the quickest way to fail a rod on any engine imho) and tune the engine safely with a sensible boost limit and ignition timing strategy and the VQ engine seems to live better than some have predicted.

APS claims their system is designed to produce up to around 400 WHP on stock internals with complete safety- I dont think 420 would be pushing it that much more.
I'd be comfortable with 380 to 400 WHP with a decent low restriction exhaust system on 93 octane fuel - the power figures measured will vary as some dynos read much higher than other brands of dynos.

Recently APS techs conducted some dyno testing in LA and one turbocharged Z car tested read 390 WHP on a load based dyno and the same car on the same day read 425 WHP on a dyno jet inertia dyno, you can see from this why there is so much confusion in the US regarding WHP from any FI car.

Some (like Tuan at GRD in Chicago) have tuned the APS to higher numbers on the stock internals, but Peter will tell you a built bottom end is recommended.
Whilst the APS twin turbo system as supplied is easily capable of approx 500 WHP with just the addition of APS test pipes and a APS true dual 2.5 inch cat back exhaust system (computer remapped for higher boost pressure) I do not recommend this power level without stronger forged con rods as you stated.

This 500 WHP is really pushing the mechanical boundaries of the stock con rods and I would not like to see any APS customer suffer expensive engine damage from running too much power on stock rods - around 400 WHP is a much safer power level to aim for.

Tuan is running at 505 HP I think with no problems. This is all on the 03-04 engine, but I doubt Peter would say much different for the 05. Just my $.02 cause Im bored at work.
Correct Tuan is running 505 WHP on the stock engine though with higher power comes higher engine risk of course - the 05 model VQ engine is capable of ther same power as the 03 and 04 model engine from research and testing to date.

Thanks

Peter

Old 05-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as the shifting points go, just a couple of comments. I've noticed from the dyno graphs that a good portion of the torque is made between 3000rpms and 6000rpms, from this I assume that the best rpm to shift at would be around 6000rpms. I've noticed that owners of other turbocharged vehicles do this as well. It seems that there really is not a point in waiting till 6800rpms to shift.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:20 AM
Great numbers man, congrats. If you did answer my question already than I appologize but at what psi were those numbers accomplised? 420 on 91 octane is great, but wat psi? Thank you very much!

Old 05-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by Kamal34
Great numbers man, congrats. If you did answer my question already than I appologize but at what psi were those numbers accomplised? 420 on 91 octane is great, but wat psi? Thank you very much!
I know Greddy TT can hit 420rwhp on a dynojet at/around 8psi (I've seen it in person) however I bet the APS system was closer to 10 psi from what I've read and heard through the grapevine. I can almost guarantee you it wasn't above 12 psi. (slight dig intended).

Old 05-27-2005, 05:26 PM
So Peter, can u tell us @ how many psi it dynod those numbers? Thankx

Old 05-27-2005, 05:45 PM
this question been ask more than once but never get the answer.i wonder why. .maybe he didn't see the the questions.let me ask again
HOW MANY PSI WAS IT? THANKS

Old 05-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great post Steve!!!

Old 05-29-2005, 09:21 PM
I guess Peter does not want to answer. You can bet your **** that those numbers where not achieved with the out of box tune. You know I just had to bring that up since APS is always bringing up that this is the most complete kit and does not require tunning. Yet it seems that the numbers they post up like on their website for example, are not on the out of the box tune.

Old 05-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Peter sure found the time to respond to couple of other threads around the same time I posted here, but still no response here. Answer the question Peter.

Here is the other thread he answered.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...799#post580799

Old 05-30-2005, 04:55 AM
You guys need to calm down and wait for Peter to get around to answering the question. I would personally be very very surprised if it was not in the 8.5 psi range. (+/- 0.5). 420 horsepower on a dynapack is not unheard of, especially when you have the new 05 engine with an exhaust-side variable cam in additional to the intake-side variable cam timing. Also, remember that the cams are more aggressive on these cars to sensibly support a flatter torque curve near the top end for the increased redline of 7000. Hence, making 420 hp to me seems a VERY reasonable number given the skill/experience of the APS tuner. In fact, if this was done with test pipes, it is a fairly safe tune.

Old 05-30-2005, 06:23 AM
I'd like to see the PSI as well

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: APS TT System 05 G35 coupe - 420 WHP on 91 0ctane fuel