Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit

I just got off the phone with one of turbonetics techs. and he stated that the kit is making 350-360rwhp and 330-340rwtq on the 350z. He said that they are expecting the same numbers with the G35's at same 8.5psi..Im upset..

Old 07-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by k@m NYC
I just got off the phone with one of turbonetics techs. and he stated that the kit is making 350-360rwhp and 330-340rwtq on the 350z. He said that they are expecting the same numbers with the G35's at same 8.5psi..Im upset..

Ok....so why are you "upset"????

Old 07-26-2005, 11:12 PM
I was expecting more!!! I sold my cobra to get something a little more practical.. was looking into the G but want a lil more HP than 360 at the wheels.. any suggestions without getting the stock bottom end?

Old 07-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Get a TT kit ( SFR/SSR, APS, Greddy, PE ), with CAMS, plenum, headers, test pipes, intake manifold, custom made exhaust with 2.5-3" piping. Should get you 440-460rwhp on stock psi. However, will cost around $13-15K installed.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:09 AM
Check out the APS single turbo. It's supposed to make 380 with an exhaust.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Your'e totally getting this wrong. That doesn't mean its slow. 8.5psi on a big turbo is nothing really. Big turbos make huge numbers with @20 psi and up.

Old 07-27-2005, 12:28 AM
You can still go with the Tnetics ST kit. The flash and injectors is only good for 9.5 psi. So if you want more boost, upgrade to 550cc's and Tnetics custom flash or just go with Emanage Ultimate.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:27 AM
Turbonetics Single Turbo kit:

Turbonetics 60-1 Stage V ceramic ball bearing turbo
Spearco Front Mount Intercooler
Turbonetics Evolution external wastegate
Turbonetics Raptor Blow off valve
380 CC drop in/plug in injectors
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
Modified stock FPR
Turbonetics custom tuned ECU flash
All stainless steel polished mandrel bent exhaust piping
All aluminum mandrel bent powder coated black chrome intake piping
All piping utilizes v band clamps
A case of Turbonetics synthetic TS-1 oil
12 month/12,000 mile no fault no hassle warranty on EVERY part of the kit
Power output of 386 RWHP at 8 PSI.
AFR of 11.5:1 from boost to redline
MSRP: $5,570
Vendor Price: $4750

Second version is all of the above plus a High Flow cat on the turbo downpipe

Third version: (Tuner version)
Turbonetics 60-1 Stage V ceramic ball bearing turbo
Turbonetics Evolution external wastegate
Turbonetics Raptor Blow Off Valve
Spearco front Mount intercooler
All stainless steel polished mandrel bent exhaust piping
All aluminum mandrel bent powder coated black chrome intake piping
All piping utilizes v band clamps
A case of Turbonetics synthetic TS-1 oil
12 month/12,000 mile no fault no hassle warranty on EVERY part of the kit

Pictures available at http://members.***.net/w.suarez/z.htm

or

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2454005093

Username: SEMA2004 Password: 123456

Notes: Turbo included with the kit is good to about 650 RWHP at roughly 18-20 PSI.
Fuel system included with the kit good to AT LEAST 500 RWHP with proper tuning.
No issues as of yet have been reported.
Ability to run aftermarket headers as long as the outlet flange is in the stock location.
Must use either a y pipe back exhaust (Apexi, Tanabe, Fujitsobo, etc) or a modified dual.
Upgraded compressor wheel or turbo available through Turbonetics as part of the kit at an added cost. Turbonetics would need to know your output plans to customize it to your needs.
G35 version of the kit in production by March 28.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:31 AM
I was expecting more!!! I sold my cobra to get something a little more practical.. was looking into the G but want a lil more HP than 360 at the wheels.. any suggestions without getting the stock bottom end?

Well it all depends on whether you want to tune it "Safe"......or for max power.

The 360 - 380 range is generally pretty safe on stock internals. It is a combination of HP and high torque that starts breaking things if you dont build the engine.

We have a Vortec in our club that was just tuned and dynoed at 422 rwhp on stock internals!

Last edited by Brando; 07-27-2005 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:45 AM
422?!?! thats more like it! any specs on that car?

Old 07-27-2005, 11:33 AM
get a APS TT kit, at GRD Performance they have a 350z with 500rwhp on stock internals running fine for the past 12,000 miles and no probs. its all about tuning it right.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might want to consider going SC instead of a Turbo. I have been reading a lot lately and it seems like SC has been the most reliable. I didn't want to go SC at first, since I wanted either a ST or a TT setup, but with the price and reliability issues, I'm kind of leaning towards going SC. I don't need a huge beast of a car and 380-400rwhp is more than enough for me.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Repsol
You might want to consider going SC instead of a Turbo. I have been reading a lot lately and it seems like SC has been the most reliable. I didn't want to go SC at first, since I wanted either a ST or a TT setup, but with the price and reliability issues, I'm kind of leaning towards going SC. I don't need a huge beast of a car and 380-400rwhp is more than enough for me.

Granted...the Vortec has proven to be fairly safe and reliable and can be tuned for good HP gains.

But it all depends on what you like.....I prefer a turbo anyday.

The SC power band is so linear....you don't really feel much until around 4800-5500 rpms.

I personally can't stand the constant noise of the SC.

Old 07-27-2005, 07:10 PM
If i were to ven consider an SC it would have to be a roots type/twin screw positive displacement one... do you guys know any 1/4 mile times with either sc or turbo bolt ons?? thanks in advance

Old 07-28-2005, 10:20 AM
I have been driving my Turbonetics turbocharged G for a few weeks now just trying to put some miles on it and see if we need to work out any bugs…so far so good. It idles just like stock, no squeaks, no raddles, no odd noises or smells it sounds and feels exactly like stock…until…you hammer it…then she comes alive…you feel and hear the boost coming on, you here the blow off valve as you up quickly up-shift and as you decelerate it’s one heck of a rush…

For those of you worried about power numbers allow me to elaborate…first, we have guys running 420 RWHP from the system as we ship it but with a higher boost setting but don’t expect to keep a stock bottom end in the motor for very long at these levels. It has nothing to do with the turbo system or even the tune at this point but the fact that you are exceeding the parameters of what the stock components can handle.

As a manufacturer we didn’t want to put a product on the market that only focused on giant power numbers and last you only a few month or less before you grenade the motor. Our goals were to provide the market with a system that you can safely bolt on and drive without reliability issues. A system that could be installed in 10 hours time and you could open your hood and show off your investment. A system that we could stand behind with our one year no fault no hassle warranty program. A system that if you wanted to play with it you could, you could turn up the boost, you can put a larger turbo on it and you can play with engine management however those all effect the reliability.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit