Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbomaxima's Official Vortech SC Install Thread (lots of pictures)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Never enough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks tight! Man that must have been a BITCH to wrap!

Old 09-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Originally Posted by G352NV
Looks tight! Man that must have been a BITCH to wrap!
thanks steve.. i heard it took awhile to wrap and the guy doing it wasn't happy he had to do it again seeing as how it was the wrong color on the first go-round.

i saw you posted some more pictures of your interior pieces, are they ready to get put back in the car? did you cover up the holes for the "air bag" tabs as well? when i had all of my stuff wrapped i got rid of the 'oh-****' handles, the things under the sunvisor, the sunglasses holder and anything else that took away from the clean look.

as a heads up, you will probably have a hell of time getting your trim ring around your sunroof back on (if you put it back on).. i left mine off, it wasn't worth the effort.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Never enough
Yeah I left all that drama off! It just looks cleaner! I also left the visors off, I had them covered but Im leaving them off. That way if I ever want to put them on I can. Havent really messed with it much. Im still stuck on the motor, Im going to start tear down tonight.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Yeah I left all that drama off! It just looks cleaner! I also left the visors off, I had them covered but Im leaving them off. That way if I ever want to put them on I can. Havent really messed with it much. Im still stuck on the motor, Im going to start tear down tonight.
I didn't have visors for about 2-3 weeks after having everything else and it felt naked.. i personally never use the visors for blocking the sun or for 'vanity', but it seems like anytime i have a passenger in the car they use it; very weird. i think it is like a force of habit thing for a lot of people.

Be sure to take some pictures, maybe make a thread like this one to keep everyone up to date and add lots of pictures. I still don't think I have ever seen your painted interior pieces in good lighting.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Never enough
Will do! I thought I would wait to get EVERYTHING done before I post pics again.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Will do! I thought I would wait to get EVERYTHING done before I post pics again.
threads like these are more fun in my opinion.. let's everyone see the actual work put into things. all this stuff doesn't just get "slapped" on overnight with hardly any effort.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Never enough
True!

Old 09-01-2005, 04:17 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
turbo, what did your car end up putting down and what type of dyno was it?

Old 09-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Randys_G
turbo, what did your car end up putting down and what type of dyno was it?
a meager 307whp and 279tq.. this was at 5psi, with a boost leak and a horrid fuel map (hitting 14's on the a/f). Which, in actuality, is not that bad because 5psi = 80whp. I have since replaced the fuel map back to the stock ss box map and fixed my boost leak. Last night was the first time I have actually felt like the car had some power behind it, hitting around .7-.8 BAR and easily smoking the tires at any point in first gear.

It was a dyno dynamics, along with Todd Neff and those guys.. apparently it was reading 7% low.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Never enough
When you get it straight you should have no problem smokin them going into 3rd. I have 20's and the car gets looooose!

Old 09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
a meager 307whp and 279tq.. this was at 5psi, with a boost leak and a horrid fuel map (hitting 14's on the a/f). Which, in actuality, is not that bad because 5psi = 80whp. I have since replaced the fuel map back to the stock ss box map and fixed my boost leak. Last night was the first time I have actually felt like the car had some power behind it, hitting around .7-.8 BAR and easily smoking the tires at any point in first gear.

It was a dyno dynamics, along with Todd Neff and those guys.. apparently it was reading 7% low.
Turbomaxima,

You and I and the rest of the FGC dynoed on a dynojet, non-load based dyno. I dynoed 364rwhp with my PIAA's on and I was only hitting ~7psi of boost. I've since tightened my belt and things are looking up for sure. I may actually take Mike (Next Level Performance's Owner) up on his free 2 pulls offer. This way I can get a good comparison between the Dyno Dynamics that CP Racing uses and the Dyno Jet that they use here locally.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by neffster
Turbomaxima,

You and I and the rest of the FGC dynoed on a dynojet, non-load based dyno. I dynoed 364rwhp with my PIAA's on and I was only hitting ~7psi of boost. I've since tightened my belt and things are looking up for sure. I may actually take Mike (Next Level Performance's Owner) up on his free 2 pulls offer. This way I can get a good comparison between the Dyno Dynamics that CP Racing uses and the Dyno Jet that they use here locally.
Todd, you can call me Jason, you don't have to address my screen name.. sheesh I mean, I am in your damn club and everything.. Sorry for the wrongful dyno info, thought I heard that.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:37 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by neffster
Turbomaxima,

So why do you have 388hp in your sig...you don't ADD 13% correction, you delete 13% correction for DynoJet for SAE.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:38 AM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
Todd, you can call me Jason, you don't have to address my screen name.. sheesh I mean, I am in your damn club and everything.. Sorry for the wrongful dyno info, thought I heard that.
Turbo, he's probably doing that because WE don't know you as Jason...

Old 09-02-2005, 11:55 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by Randys_G
So why do you have 388hp in your sig...you don't ADD 13% correction, you delete 13% correction for DynoJet for SAE.

Randy...the dyno dynamics does the SAE corrections but adds 13% to adjust to dyno jet readings since they are the standard. The dynamics machine automatically does the corrections abd adjustments.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Turbomaxima's Official Vortech SC Install Thread (lots of pictures)