Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbomaxima's Official Vortech SC Install Thread (lots of pictures)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:34 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait, didn't you have a GLE? Do NOT tell me you did a 5 spd conversion!

Old 08-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Wait, didn't you have a GLE? Do NOT tell me you did a 5 spd conversion!
yes ma'am I did do a 5-spd swap.. you name it, and I probably went through it on that car. I also had porsche 944 turbo brake calipers fitted to the car for about a week, a full carbon fiber dash oh and that 19" wheel spinning on remote in the trunk. just a few of the stupidly insane things i did to that car...... what a waste of money that was, ugh!

Old 08-16-2005, 12:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
My flywheel (lightened and resurfaced) and clutch (stage 3 kevlar) went 6 HOURS after I sold my car. How much does that suck? Luckily I am a nice guy and got the guy the new parts, but I can't imagine how crappy he felt.

I just hope on this car, axles are stronger than on maximas!
wow you are a nice guy, most people would have siad you bought it as is, so your stuck. i'm sure this guy will forever praise you for handling it like a gentleman

Old 08-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by escobar929
your so lucky that this happend now, and not two months from now when you had the vortech on there

Yeah....isn''t that the truth!!

Timing IS everything.

I guess I may as well go ahead and throw in a new clutch while it is all apart......Oh well it is only $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thanks for the part # Turbomax.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Got an e-mail from my interior guy, albeit two weeks overdue, my gauge pod is done being wrapped in suede. I guess they had a tough time wrapping it, but in the end he said it came out perfect.

Now I am still trying to figure out what to do about my Defi Harness problem. One of the wires came out of the harness head and it seems like the connectors that slide in the harness and semi-clip in place are the problem. I am going to go to Radio Shack and see if they can offer any solution, maybe if they have the same little clips that crimp on the wires I can just get new ones? I am really lost on this one; Defi has no way of sending me a harness for some reason and the company I bought the harness from needs me to send it to their distributor before I can even think of ordering a new harness. What a debacle!

Anyways, here are the pictures. I will grab a picture of the 3.12 Pulley when I get home tonight, as well as the harness and see if any of you wiring guru's have any suggestions.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:42 PM
Only would I have luck this bad.. a dollar to anyone who sees the problem?

[/QUOTE]

ugh. My friend had a worse night though, he dropped $2700.00 on an Apple Powerbook, only to open it and find scuff marks and scratches on the casing. That sucks.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:49 PM
Pictures of the 3.12 Pulley as promised. I would have taken pictures of the Gates belt that came with it, but I got a stupid Gatorback belt instead. Thanks CPRace..

Old 08-17-2005, 11:53 PM
mismatched suede on the 2 pillars. You owe me a dollar!!

Old 08-18-2005, 08:21 AM
My guess is that they wrapped the suede around the inside of the pods mounting holes and now the gauges will not fit in the holes because the diameter is too small?

Did you even check to see if this is correct?

Last edited by neffster; 08-18-2005 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Guess #2. You have two drivers side door pillars wrapped. Man that sucks!

Old 08-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by a2ncharm23
mismatched suede on the 2 pillars. You owe me a dollar!!
DING DING DING.. send me a PM with your paypal address to claim your prize!

Originally Posted by neffster
My guess is that they wrapped the suede around the inside of the pods mounting holes and now the gauges will not fit in the holes because the diameter is too small?

Did you even check to see if this is correct?
You are correct, but it will only take a second with a sharp x-acto to trim the suede off around the holes and the gauges should slide in like butta!

Originally Posted by neffster
Guess #2. You have two drivers side door pillars wrapped. Man that sucks!
I decided to do a passenger side pillar pod, mix it up a little..

Looks like I might be making a trip down to Tampa to have my car tuned on saturday. Gotta get to Napa to get my new gates belt today and get my buddy over to help me put the new belt on.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:56 AM
lol you don't owe me a dollar haha are you going to ask them to match the suede up or anything? Car's looking good

Old 08-19-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by a2ncharm23
lol you don't owe me a dollar haha are you going to ask them to match the suede up or anything? Car's looking good
I am a man of my word.... ha. The gauge pod was taken back that night and they are supposedly going to have it monday morning. Installing the belt and 3.12 pulley tonight for tuning tomorrow in Tampa!

Old 08-20-2005, 02:09 PM
Great thread. I plan on going vortech as well. Its seems less complicated than the stillen (hood replacement) with almost the same gains. Plus, I like the whine!

I don't mean to hijack, but can I ask a few questions that are sorta related to the subject of SC/FI?

1) fuel pump: I was wondering if its possible to just upgrade to an in-tank pump. I am almost willing to bet the stock pump is a denso and a denso pump from a supra TT will probably work on it. This pump flows awesome. Also, walbro make some decent pumps. I hate dealing with inline pumps for issues similar to what you had. I wonder if some of the turbo kits come with an in-tank pump which could be used here? Hmm...

2) Injectors: Does the kit come with additional injectors like stillens?

3) FPR: Is the vortech FPR only a rising rate FPR or can it reduce fuel pressure as well? I know you said you had a lot of fuel being dumped in. I have preferred to use the the Aeromotive/SX/Holley AFPR which is quite good to work with.

4) Auto sport harness - It can be used on the G sedan as well, right? Getting all the "ducks lined up"

5) Did you consider just using the zietrnoix to display boost and EGT as well? Thats what I have done in the past. I have used the display to show boost, EGT and AFR. I guess I would need 1 or 2 more gauges for oil pressure and FPR.

Anyways, Thanks! I would love to see more progress on your setup such as tuning and final no's. I am sure it went well. Please keep us all informed as much as you can!

Old 08-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by blacksheep
Great thread. I plan on going vortech as well. Its seems less complicated than the stillen (hood replacement) with almost the same gains. Plus, I like the whine!

I don't mean to hijack, but can I ask a few questions that are sorta related to the subject of SC/FI?

1) fuel pump: I was wondering if its possible to just upgrade to an in-tank pump. I am almost willing to bet the stock pump is a denso and a denso pump from a supra TT will probably work on it. This pump flows awesome. Also, walbro make some decent pumps. I hate dealing with inline pumps for issues similar to what you had. I wonder if some of the turbo kits come with an in-tank pump which could be used here? Hmm...

2) Injectors: Does the kit come with additional injectors like stillens?

3) FPR: Is the vortech FPR only a rising rate FPR or can it reduce fuel pressure as well? I know you said you had a lot of fuel being dumped in. I have preferred to use the the Aeromotive/SX/Holley AFPR which is quite good to work with.

4) Auto sport harness - It can be used on the G sedan as well, right? Getting all the "ducks lined up"

5) Did you consider just using the zietrnoix to display boost and EGT as well? Thats what I have done in the past. I have used the display to show boost, EGT and AFR. I guess I would need 1 or 2 more gauges for oil pressure and FPR.

Anyways, Thanks! I would love to see more progress on your setup such as tuning and final no's. I am sure it went well. Please keep us all informed as much as you can!

Your best bet would be to ditch the whole fuel system from Voetech...If your wanting to change it.
Go with the Walbro and a return fuel system , Larger fuel injectors
The wire harness is a very good idea
The Zeitronix works real well , dataloogs , takes the place of 3 gauges

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Turbomaxima's Official Vortech SC Install Thread (lots of pictures)