Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

CARB EO emission testing - APS twin turbo system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CARB EO emission testing - APS twin turbo system

Hi Guys, Just a quick update on this CARB EO for the APS twin turbo system. If all goes to plan the APS twin turbo emission testing should be completed by mid November. I should know if the twin turbo system passes the required emissions by the end of Nov and if the twin turbo system passes the required engine emissions then it's just paper work/red tape from there on in. I have my fingers crossed, all of the engineering on this new APS twin turbo system is completed so now it's time to get down to business and physically run the emission tests in LA.

James

Old 10-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Congrats, James... Keep up the good work.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by James@APS
Hi Guys, Just a quick update on this CARB EO for the APS twin turbo system. If all goes to plan the APS twin turbo emission testing should be completed by mid November. I should know if the twin turbo system passes the required emissions by the end of Nov and if the twin turbo system passes the required engine emissions then it's just paper work/red tape from there on in. I have my fingers crossed, all of the engineering on this new APS twin turbo system is completed so now it's time to get down to business and physically run the emission tests in LA.

James
So does that mean if this particular APS TT passes emission by November, will APS release this kit as a "off road" kit? Or will we end up waiting for the actual CARB EO # like the Jim Wolf kit?

Old 10-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by mokc
So does that mean if this particular APS TT passes emission by November, will APS release this kit as a "off road" kit? Or will we end up waiting for the actual CARB EO # like the Jim Wolf kit?
The twin turbo system (new spec twin turbo system for CARB exempt order) will be produced after APS recieves the CARB EO #.

James.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Never enough
James can you tell me if there is going to be ANY way to pass the old TT setup?

Old 10-14-2005, 03:01 AM
Originally Posted by G352NV
James can you tell me if there is going to be ANY way to pass the old TT setup?
Only with a number of upgraded parts, I will post more on this issue when CARB testing is complete.

James

Old 11-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Just a quick update on the CARB EO for the APS CARB spec twin turbo system. Our head tech has just returned for the US after fitting up and tuning the APS CARB spec twin turbo system and this test car will be at emission lab later this week for emission testing. With any luck APS will know the results of the engine emission tests in approx 10 days time, I will post when I have futher information.

James

Old 01-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Any updates?

Old 01-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Banned
It took Vortech 2 years I believe and JWT is still waiting . I would think APS isnt going to get it passed any faster

Old 01-17-2006, 12:30 AM
APS TT CARB update

Originally Posted by blanny
Any updates?

Hi Guys, First of all a very happy new year to all forum members, let's all hope that 06 is an exciting year for all Z car owners.

I just received some firm info on the CARB emission numbers for the APS TT system from our engineering department, the news is good and bad, the good news first.

After viewing the emission test results APS is right on the border of achieving a CARB emission pass, the bad news is that the emission numbers were so close to the allowable CARB limit that the Lab wants to run another series of engine emission tests to verify the first set of emission numbers. The emission lab was very impressed with how clean the exhaust emissions were on the first test, all good so far.

I will keep you all updated when I get the next set of emission results from the engine emission test lab.

James

Old 01-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Never enough
Thanks for teh info!!! Keep us posted!

Old 01-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Might want to also greet the G owners a good year!!!!!!!!

Back on topic, very interesting, please keep us posted..........

Old 01-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by G352NV
Thanks for teh info!!! Keep us posted!
Will do.

James

Old 03-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by James@APS
Hi Guys, First of all a very happy new year to all forum members, let's all hope that 06 is an exciting year for all Z car owners.

I just received some firm info on the CARB emission numbers for the APS TT system from our engineering department, the news is good and bad, the good news first.

After viewing the emission test results APS is right on the border of achieving a CARB emission pass, the bad news is that the emission numbers were so close to the allowable CARB limit that the Lab wants to run another series of engine emission tests to verify the first set of emission numbers. The emission lab was very impressed with how clean the exhaust emissions were on the first test, all good so far.

I will keep you all updated when I get the next set of emission results from the engine emission test lab.

James

Hi James,

Just checking to see if you have any further updates for us on this.

Thanks!

Dave

Old 03-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Bump

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CARB EO emission testing - APS twin turbo system