Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Turbonetics Single Turbo kit - DONE RIGHT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 08:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is what I have ordered since 9/14.. (last month)..

JWT oil spacer
Turbonetics ST
NGK 1+ Plugs
ACT Stage 3 Race Clutch
Zeitronix Digital Gauge

Only thing I'm waiting on right now is my fn' turbo kit!! I need to pay the rest of it this coming weekend. MIAPLAYA is going to be getting alot of phone calls from me in a few weeks... We're going to get all cozy on the phone with the install help haha.

Also what I have in my closet for later this summer:
8:5 Arias Pistons
Pauter Rods
ARP Main/Head Studs

Other things sitting in my closet:
Camber Arms
Already built custom Sub spare tire enclosure

Old 10-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the zeitronix device pretty much covers the gauges part right.. it has boost, a/f.. would it be sufficient enough?

Old 10-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's really close to my situation right now , are you planning to tap the oil spacer instead of the upper oil pan?

Originally Posted by Down_Shift
This is what I have ordered since 9/14.. (last month)..

JWT oil spacer
Turbonetics ST
NGK 1+ Plugs
ACT Stage 3 Race Clutch
Zeitronix Digital Gauge

Only thing I'm waiting on right now is my fn' turbo kit!! I need to pay the rest of it this coming weekend. MIAPLAYA is going to be getting alot of phone calls from me in a few weeks... We're going to get all cozy on the phone with the install help haha.

Also what I have in my closet for later this summer:
8:5 Arias Pistons
Pauter Rods
ARP Main/Head Studs

Other things sitting in my closet:
Camber Arms
Already built custom Sub spare tire enclosure

Old 10-15-2005, 02:43 PM
The pan spacer already has oil drain fittings....

Old 10-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Also, you can get the TN kit with a cat for an additional $295. Since you are switching to the ST set up, you only need the 1 cat. Also, $295 is retail. So you should be able to get the kit w/ CAT for only $250 +/- more.

Jesse @ Turbo Kits.com

Originally Posted by imalazeeass
Here's a little list I came up with:

Turbonetics Single Turbo = 4550
Gauges: Boost = 120 EGT = 175 A/F Wideband = 400
AAM fuel return system = 1k Walbro pump = 90
440 injectors = 500
1 step colder plugs = 65
3 gauge cluster = 80
high flow cats = 400
labor = around 1k maybe

the total comes out to be 8380. Without the fuel return system = 7290. Prices based on forgedinternals.com

That's a lot of money! Any ideas about this setup? By the way, what does having EGT gauge do?

Old 10-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
check out the new UTEC mangement system. Looks promising

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137831

Old 10-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Honestly fellas unless your goal is over 430 RWHP I dont think you are going to need bigger injectors. A guy with a built motor is currently running 100% on his injectors at 435 RWHP at 14 PSI. Granted he is not finally tuned but that goes to show you that the 380cc injectors are ok. Although Turbonetics is going to be offering some 510s for a good price that also drop in and plug in. But initially the 380s will get you where you need to go...Also keep in mind that the Turbonetics kit replaces the stock cats with a crossover pipe. So if you did want a cat the cat is added on the downpipe from the turbo and there will only be one. Turbo timer I would recommend but is not necessary. Cost is about $100 for a nice one. Boost controller is absolutely not needed unless you plan to raise the boost significantly. So again to clairfy:

Injectors: Only is plans exceed 420-430 RWHP
Turbo Timer: a good addition but not required
Boost Controller: Not needed unless bigger boost is wanted.

Also keep in mind that the exhaust setup is completely altered with any single turbo kit. Essentially the kit comes with a crossover pipe which goes in place of the stock cats and feeds the turbo. So basically your y pipe and stock cats are replaced by a crossover pipe and a single downpipe. Check out the install istructions for the Z kit here to get you a better idea of the setup: http://members.***.net/turbonetics35...icsinstman.pdf
Ok MIAPLAYA, what is the bare minumum I would need to get this working properly? Including the least amount of money I could spend on everything. Thanks

Old 10-18-2005, 04:42 AM
Originally Posted by Dan_K
Ok MIAPLAYA, what is the bare minumum I would need to get this working properly? Including the least amount of money I could spend on everything. Thanks
Yea I would want to know too.. you mentioned that a boost gauge is not required.. what about other gauges? Basically, would this be ok out the box kind of like the vortech unit? I've been reading from some other people that it is safe out the box and some that say tuning is essential. Any feedback would be great.

Old 10-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
here is my list:
T-netics kit
GReddy e-Manage Ultimate & Wiring Harness
Autosport Wiring Harness
NGK 1 Step colder Plugs - $55
440cc Injector & clips (may stay w/ stock injectors)
AEM UEGO Wideband A/F
Defi D-series Boost gauge (may go w/ autometer nexus)
Defi D-series Fuel Pressure gauge (may go w/ autometer nexus)

Old 10-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
Yea I would want to know too.. you mentioned that a boost gauge is not required.. what about other gauges? Basically, would this be ok out the box kind of like the vortech unit? I've been reading from some other people that it is safe out the box and some that say tuning is essential. Any feedback would be great.
....I think every kit needs at least a boost gauge and a wideband, its not REQUIRED but something you'd really really really want to have so you can monitor things that are going on, but you probably know that. I don't think you can really tune anything on this kit using the flash besides doing a back and forth deal with TS and having them try some limited things if everything isn't running smoothly from the get go. Flash still works anyways, MIA correct me if I'm wrong, the flash is running most of the cars a little rich?

Well imho using different management ie. EU, and having a tune just for your car is always better, just a bit more expensive, well quite a bit more expensive.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by TINMAN
NOTHING IS 100%. write that down
Killer advice - Thanks MAN!

Old 10-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Bare minimum for an 03 or 04 G35...the kit boost and egt or wideband...granted the EGT or wideband is actually more of an optional thing but I absolutely would not run ANY boosted car without a boost gauge... With those minimums expect 360-380 RWHP depending on other mods, motor out of box, etc.. Thats at 8 PSI. And yes the tune out of box from Turbonetics is VERY rich...Around 11:1 AFRs throughout the power band under boost.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so u think EGT is more important than fuel pressure?

Old 10-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by escobar929
so u think EGT is more important than fuel pressure?
I think EGT or wideband is yes...this will tell you if you are running too lean or too rich...if you are too lean you can check fuel pressure later...I personally have boost, egt, fuel pressure, oil temp, and water temp gauges. With these I can monitor everything that the motor is doing comfortably and detect anomalies very quickly. For a basic setup though I would recommend boost and egt or wdieband.

Old 10-19-2005, 07:10 PM
What about minimum in terms of price. Assuming I got the group buy deal on the kit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo kit - DONE RIGHT!