Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Randys_G has taken new ownership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 01:07 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Randys_G has taken new ownership

After almost 4 weeks I finally sold my stock '04 6MT coupe. Tonight I met with Randy and completed the transaction to purchase his masterpiece.

I will be looking here often for help and advice and will hopefully be able to provide some of my own insight.

For those of you who don't know Randys_G (is that possible? ), here is the ad he had listed on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...spagenameZWDVW

Old 02-18-2006, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats on the car. personally i would never buy someone elses modded car. i rather have the satisfaction of building the car myself but as long as your happy thats all that matters.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:20 AM
I would probably never do these modifications on my own so this way the satisfaction is built in to the purchase. Instead of investing into each mod seperately I was provided the opportunity to bundle them all into a single purchase.
Yes it is always questionable buying someone else's modded car but Randy is very well known in the community and I had met him in person before he even decided to sell. If he were not local to me where I could not have driven the car and seen it myself it probably would have never happened.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by BeerViper
After almost 4 weeks I finally sold my stock '04 6MT coupe. Tonight I met with Randy and completed the transaction to purchase his masterpiece.

I will be looking here often for help and advice and will hopefully be able to provide some of my own insight.

For those of you who don't know Randys_G (is that possible? ), here is the ad he had listed on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Infin...spagenameZWDVW
Congratulations BeerViper. Randy's (former) G is one of the nicest, best balanced G35 Coupes I've had the opportunity to checkout and drive.

DaveO

Old 02-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks DaveO. Randy had mentioned your name as we were talking about his car being featured in SportZ magazine. He also said you might be able to help me locate a copy of that Summer 2005 issue as they are not available on the sportzmagazine website. I would definitely like to have that issue now that I have the car

Old 02-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats on the purchase I have known Randy ever since he lived in Socal. I have riden in his car when it was stock and when he finished installing the SC. His car is actually very well built and tuned. His dyno #'s are always consistent you couldn't have bought a better modded G for that price. I'm glad the new owner of the car is a G fanatic as well.

Old 02-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nice, Randys G was an inspiration to most of us. congrats on the purchase

Old 02-18-2006, 12:42 PM
BeerViper, congrats..... take careof that baby, andshe will take care of you.

Randy, I hope this doesn't meant that you "post *****" status is going to change on this board.

Old 02-18-2006, 03:51 PM
BeerViper
What are your driving impressions of your new G over your former stock G? Night and Day?

Old 02-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by edv2122
BeerViper
What are your driving impressions of your new G over your former stock G? Night and Day?
It's definitely a night and day difference from the purely stock G and this one. The power is available immediately and at any time, 6th gear feels like it pulls as hard as 4th gear did before even at low rpm's. Gaining roughly 130 wheel horsepower and 80 wheel torque feels like going from a moped to a Hayabusa

It's also quite a bit different with the sound of the exhaust being quite a bit louder which actually gives me good feedback of where I'm at in the RPM range. The handling characteristics of this thing are rediculous, no body roll whatsoever. I can't wait to bring it to the MotorSport Ranch next month to see what she's really got.

It also elicits a much different reaction from people on the road and observers. The lowered stance with the Tein's and the PIAA Rozza's really catch the eye, it's taking some getting used to...

I couldn't be happier right now coming from a stock G to this.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BeerViper
It's definitely a night and day difference from the purely stock G and this one. The power is available immediately and at any time, 6th gear feels like it pulls as hard as 4th gear did before even at low rpm's. Gaining roughly 130 wheel horsepower and 80 wheel torque feels like going from a moped to a Hayabusa

It's also quite a bit different with the sound of the exhaust being quite a bit louder which actually gives me good feedback of where I'm at in the RPM range. The handling characteristics of this thing are rediculous, no body roll whatsoever. I can't wait to bring it to the MotorSport Ranch next month to see what she's really got.

It also elicits a much different reaction from people on the road and observers. The lowered stance with the Tein's and the PIAA Rozza's really catch the eye, it's taking some getting used to...

I couldn't be happier right now coming from a stock G to this.
That sounds awesome! I can't wait to get mine forced fed.