Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

stillen stage 4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Now, if Stillen would just make one for the 2005 MT6 sedans.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
smz black, were you the one that came down to chicago late last year? if that was you, i cannot wait to see what your car can do next. you should also plan to make it this year. i remember you telling you were getting the best 60ft at the us-41 track. i'm the guy with an awd stillen.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I 41 speedway

Yes that is me. Will be there some time this year. my car is running awful this week. It makes 7.5 lbs of boost at 6000 rpm. and then the boost drops of to 4.5 lbs at 6300.
It has to be the 4 rib belt. What a difference the torque converter make. I can not wait to race the other cars Mustangs and the GM camaros. Have to find a way to get my slicks there. I have all the rim sizes that fit a G ans Z now from Weld. Had to put a 3mm spacer on the front 15x 3.5 front rims. I may have a spare pulley for your car.
The stillen still pulls strong after 31600 miles on it.
Some people still give me a hard time about how fast my car is as they do not belive that 5 At goes that quick.

Old 05-16-2006, 02:11 AM
i was debating about stage 4 as it will put me into 12's. but probably not much more than that. to get into 11's i have to do some major weight reduction plus extra engine work and tuning will be required. that is my major issue since my car is awd. i wish i could do a final drive swap.
hope to see you again at the track. i'm moving to madison, wisconsin but i'm sure i'll be there again. that track is the best out of all in the area.

Old 06-16-2006, 10:39 PM
stage 4 with slicks

Well its one week to the Z drag day and here is whats happening with the stillen. Got the weld 15 x 3.5 front rims to fit with a small spacer.(non brembo) Put on the 15 x 8 rear weld rims and they fit perfectly. The next day i put on the MT front and rear drag tires and tested the car for short runs. 20 lbs in the slicks it hooks hard and i can launch the car at 2800rpm. let go of the brake and floor the petal and it jumps. Nothing like the 19 inch toyo's
muck quicker and i was in 3rd gear in a flash. That Sc pull hard. The pro torque coverter makes a huge difference with the slicks. I had a guy in the front seat who has a fast honda and he could not belive how fast the 5 AT shifted with the stillen VB in MM.
Still have to put in new plugs and the royal purple #21 race oil along with the purple ice in the intercooler.
The 9.5 lb pulley goes on tuesday night and the factory ecu will be ajusted by my nissan mechanic who works on my car. Did not have time to get the blower ported and hope to have the line lock installed next week.
Set the slicks to 23 lbs and it just spins the tires. Will start at 20 at the track and work my way down. This is one nasty car and 12.5 will be a very attainable and there could be a lot more. The front end rides high on the lanch and it handles well. Got my hands on some VP 103 unleaded ( 19 litres $ 84.00 CDN) Will use it when i dyno the car on thursday night.
I have some pictures of the car with the rims and slicks but i do not know how to post them. If somebody will PM me i will send them on my email to them and ask if they would post them for me.
The car with ET slicks is incredable it just hooks and goes, the SC makes a totally different winding sound. Much deeper. This was done with spare tire in the car 1/2 full of gas and a set of golf clubs in the car. I can not wait till next week when the car goes to the track fully prepared to race the other Turbo Z's.
thanks
SMZ BLACK

Old 06-17-2006, 03:35 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Sweet! This should be good.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:54 PM
Stillen Sc Drag Day In Canada

Well is 10.30 and the Stillen SC is ready. It took for ever to get the line lock on as finding the proper adapders was virtualy imposible. The new braded lines cost 450.00 including lots of fittings to hook up the soliniods. I did my own install and with the wiring it took me 6 hours.
The new pulley was installed and the difference is night and day. It should make 9 lb or better. The car is scary fast. The oil was changed and I used royal purple # 21 racing oil. The diff fluid was also changed with royal purple and we did the spark plugs as well.
Car is polished with Zaino as it looks fast.
Can not wait to put the weld rims and the drag tires on it.
The weather will be 75 degrees and what more could you ask for. Will post times tomorrow night when I get home.
Hoping for 12.65 with 19 inch street tires and 12.30 with slicks.
I think that this could be the quickist a Stillen SC has gone yet.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:13 AM
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
def let us know the times.i just put stage4 on wed,it ran awesome for 2 days then the fmu took a ****.got to talk to sam at stillen once and he didnt call back untill late in the day,to find out what to check.so i wired the old fmu back in and the car finally started.now i have to wait untill monday to get a replacement fmu,i hope it gets here monday since im know renting a car.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
We need results!!!
Please =)

Old 06-24-2006, 09:33 PM
what is the fastest a stillen s/c'd z or g has run?

Old 06-24-2006, 10:03 PM
stillen at the track

Well it ran a 13.12 for its best run. 1.86 best 60ft times and the average trap was 106 mph on slicks. It ran 13.2 on street tires. Very disapionted with the result. It was a hot humid day and we ran into a 15 km head wind. Took the tires to 15.5 lbs and the higher i lanched at 3000 rpm it just spun the tires. At the track i could only make 7 lb of boost! i made 8.5 last night. The only thing i changed was my fuel as i ran VP 103. instead of sunoco 94 with ocatane boost. It was my first time on slicks and near the end of the day i had good burn outs and i had all sorts of problems from wheel hop to staging the car and hitting the rev limiter. It was a real day of taking my lumps as i made lots of mistakes. I had some great wins and lost to a nissan max that was running 13.1 in the second round of eliminatons, It was a older one with a 3000 motor in it.
The problem was that one, i have to learn how to drag race, 4 th time at track and second, the car had no top end power. i now will change the fuel pump, put in the bigger injecter and get the new piggy back from stillen. The track also had a brand new timing system installed this year and last yeat my best times where 13.18. So to sum it up i added a torque converter, new weld rims front and back. slicks, a 9 lb pulley, new belts and race gas. All i gained was .06 of a second and my car was 80lbs lighter. Sorry to let you guys down but i beleive in being honest and thats all it ran. I think that the fuel had a lot to do with the problems. My next Z drag day is in September and i should have these problems fixed by them.
The turbo Z ran 12.66 and 12.88 and did not run any more as he had a problem with one of his turbos. We never got a chance to race side by side. He would have beat me. There was a 05 stock 6 mt and he ran 14.5 all day.
My car should have run a lot quicker but it gets faster every time out and i will get the sourse of the problem and correct it.
Thanks.
The stillen vb worked great and my car is not slow it just had no top end power.

Old 06-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks for posting results. Sorry things did not go as you desired. Better luck next time. An awd doing m3 times in warm weather seems good to me.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:07 PM
wait till you come down to us-41 track. that place rocks. i have gone to different tracks near chicago with the same setup and ran a .5 faster at us 41

Old 06-25-2006, 12:28 PM
English dude, English
next time you go to the 41 track, shoot me a pm. I would really like to see how this boat handles.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:20 PM
found the problem one of them

Filled the car with 94 octane and it made 8.5 lbs of boost! The 103 VP had too much octane and I could only get 7 if i was lucky. The car ran strong till i hit 125 km in 3 rd. and then it took a little longer to get to 6600 rpm. My exhaust pipes are black. You guys should have seen this Maximun run. ( not the current model) he told me it goes 13.1 at other tracks. Have some pictures and Vid's but do not know how to post them.
I am having a bad feeling about the stillen blower that once you go past 5800 in 4th gear it does not seem to put out power. I will be going to Toronto Motorsports park soon. Its a great 1/4 mile track and we will try again.
The learning curve continues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: stillen stage 4