Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

Infiniti G25 coming in september 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
I don't like this...

When ppl see infiniti they should think fast... not economy. This is putting the brand name down a notch.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt93SE
Anyone wrecked one yet? The engine would be great to stick in my 240SX race car, since I have to run a sub 3.0L engine sold in North America, and that only leaves me with a KA or VG or L series.. all ancient. Would be nice to have a modern powertrain that puts down more power stock than the KA can with a $10,000 build..
You would be better off with a Revup. It's the same thing only a 3.5L.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrei
You would be better off with a Revup. It's the same thing only a 3.5L.
I think he said he had to run a sub 3.0L engine so a 3.5L rev up couldn't workout. The new 6 ping in the g25 is a 2.5L so it fits his constraints.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Now I see. I missed that part.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by _RR_
I don't like this...

When ppl see infiniti they should think fast... not economy. This is putting the brand name down a notch.
Just like a 323i/325i has put BMW down a notch? Or the IS250 has brought down Lexus a notch? Or how the B series or C250/300 has put Mercedes down a notch? I just don't see why people feel that Infiniti can't play in this ballpark when it seems fine for other premium brands?

Old 10-12-2010, 12:15 AM
no its doesn't cause they already had slow cars. They weren't known for being all quick to begin with. I'm not really that upset about it.

I just like the fact that people who know nothing about cars usually know that infiniti's are quick. (well at least nowadays) This won't be the case anymore.

Not a huge deal, but it's a fact.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Traveling Administrator
no its doesn't cause they already had slow cars. They weren't known for being all quick to begin with. I'm not really that upset about it.

I just like the fact that people who know nothing about cars usually know that infiniti's are quick. (well at least nowadays) This won't be the case anymore.

Not a huge deal, but it's a fact.
I guess you've completely forgot about the G20. BMW labels themselves as the Ultimate Driving Machine but can still sell a lowly 323i without tarnishing their image. I just don't see how Infiniti introducing a G25 will bring the brand down a notch as you suggest. And in all honestly, most people don't have a clue what Infiniti even is let alone associating it with being "quick".

Old 10-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I guess you've completely forgot about the G20. BMW labels themselves as the Ultimate Driving Machine but can still sell a lowly 323i without tarnishing their image. I just don't see how Infiniti introducing a G25 will bring the brand down a notch as you suggest. And in all honestly, most people don't have a clue what Infiniti even is let alone associating it with being "quick".
note my (at least nowadays). Yes I know infiniti has put out some less then stellar cars before...

Maybe most people don't know what infiniti is. I'm talking about just random people I meet In my age group. If I tell them I drive an infiniti they usually ask about its speed.

Did I call BMW the "Ultimate Driving Machine?"

Well if infiniti wants to live up to its "inspired performance," maybe they should keep putting out performance cars?

honestly, your making a bigger deal out of it then I am. IMO i would just prefer not to see a bunch of g25s on the road. Oh well too late, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:07 AM

Well if infiniti wants to live up to its "inspired performance," maybe they should keep putting out performance cars?
Infiniti is not really going to hand you HIGH performance on a silver platter for a high price tag like BMW or Merc (at least for now). Infiniti and Nissan provide a starting point with UNMATCHED potential that A LOT of people here cant see or realize, that's why it's called inspired performance. They give you the inspiration/starting point to make it something. Look at the GTR. Only 2 years out and it runs 9s with a stock block and heads. VQ37 and VQ35HR is capable of 500+ whp with a stock block and heads. G35 built holds 630whp on 91 pump gas without water methanol injection and capable of 1000+whp built with a stock crank and block. So on and so forth.

If you want something fast off the lot BMW is one brand that offers it for a HEFTY price tag. Performance off the lot when it comes in the form of a loan with high payments is ALWAYS more convenient to A LOT of people who have money to burn. Keep in mind that mod for mod and dollar for dollar a Nissan/Infiniti cant be matched and it's been proved many times over. Don't take my word for it. Do the math.

Last edited by Andrei; 10-13-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:51 PM
^What?

I LOVE datsun/nissan/infiniti, but I don't think they expect most ppl to turbo their cars. That wasn't even my point.

My point was if they are gonna talk about preformance then they should keep putting out fast cars. I consider a bone stock G35/37 fast.

Yes I know there are a million cars out there that make it look slow. Relatively speaking though, infiniti's are some of the faster cars on the road.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so sexy, when is it coming out?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do agree with the fact that the 25 is a step down, and it's really not that much of a difference in price and fuel economy between the 37, so its probably more worthwhile to get the 37. But regarding performance, since they're coming out with the IPL, that will balance everything out a little. In other words, they came out with a slower form of the G, and then they're coming out with a faster form of it. It's a way for them to expand the market, and of course make more money.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Traveling Administrator
note my (at least nowadays). Yes I know infiniti has put out some less then stellar cars before...

Maybe most people don't know what infiniti is. I'm talking about just random people I meet In my age group. If I tell them I drive an infiniti they usually ask about its speed.

honestly, your making a bigger deal out of it then I am. IMO i would just prefer not to see a bunch of g25s on the road. Oh well too late, I'm not losing any sleep over it.
Not sure how I am making a big deal of it, just stating my opinions just like you are.

Also, the last time I read the average age of an Infinti G owner was 47. So I don't think "speed" is first on the average buyer's list. We are on a car enthusiast forum, so our views don't even come close to reflect the average G buyer.

I just don't understand why some seem to think that BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and Audi can compete in this space without tarnishing their image but Infiniti can't. It's really a mystery.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:16 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
^I agree Shane

Old 10-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Not sure how I am making a big deal of it, just stating my opinions just like you are.

Also, the last time I read the average age of an Infinti G owner was 47. So I don't think "speed" is first on the average buyer's list. We are on a car enthusiast forum, so our views don't even come close to reflect the average G buyer.

I just don't understand why some seem to think that BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and Audi can compete in this space without tarnishing their image but Infiniti can't. It's really a mystery.
I think your making a big deal out of it by bringing up all these brands I have said nothing about.

but just to get my point across once and for all...

for instance:

BMW has always have had slow 3 series
Mercedes always have had slow C class
Audi a4-slow

if Bentley put out a 200 hp entry car they would certainly be stepping down, would they not????

Since about 2003 Infiniti has been known has the "fast" luxury brand

Now there is gonna be soccer mom G's all over the place.

Like I said "my age group" which is people in their 20's.

as for people in their 40's I actually do think that speed, while of course not being #1 (never said that either) is definitely a consideration when you buy a car with 300hp. If not, wouldn't they get something more fuel efficient?

Speed wasn't my #1 consideration when i bought my car. I toyed with the idea for a while, but I would have got a evo9 if that was my goal. I like the package of performance/luxury my car give me for its price.

Are people gonna start to look down on infiniti? NO. Like you said your average joe isn't a car enthusiast and they will just be used to the fact after a month or two of seeing them. I said "I" don't like this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti G25 coming in september 2010