The FX-Spot For General discussion of the FX35/FX45

Lease End Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lease End Advice

Hey guys,

My lease for '07 FX35 is ending this May and wanted some advice on how to not get ripped off. This is my first lease and all the information I've read regarding "How to End a Lease" seems very daunting. So any help with the following questions would be much appreciated.

1) Do I have to use a specific inspection company that my dealer requests? Usually how much is this inspection fee?
2) If there are some things I need to fix after the inspection, does it have to be at the dealership? Or can I use my own body shop?
3) I'll probably be buying a new G37x to replace the FX35, so can I somehow use this as an advantage from the dealer to get out of certain fees?
4) Do I have to return the lease to the same dealership that I originally leased from? I didn't really like that dealership too much and would like to get my new G37x at a different dealership. So can I just return it at the new dealership?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Old 03-24-2009, 03:23 PM
#1, Infiniti will set up the inspection for you. They will come to you at your home or office. There is no inspection fee.

#2, im not sure, but you get the first $500 of damage waived beyond normal wear and tear.

#3, yes, there are customer loyalty benefits

#4, no, you can return it at another dealership, you just set it up with infiniti. I once returned my lease end Nissan Maxima at the Infiniti dealership where I got a new G35.

Also, how are you on your miles are you under your milage, or right at? I have 'traded' one of my G35s on a new G35 right before my lease end, and got $1000 back in equity because i was very low on my miles.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by JaxG
#1, Infiniti will set up the inspection for you. They will come to you at your home or office. There is no inspection fee.

#2, im not sure, but you get the first $500 of damage waived beyond normal wear and tear.

#3, yes, there are customer loyalty benefits

#4, no, you can return it at another dealership, you just set it up with infiniti. I once returned my lease end Nissan Maxima at the Infiniti dealership where I got a new G35.

Also, how are you on your miles are you under your milage, or right at? I have 'traded' one of my G35s on a new G35 right before my lease end, and got $1000 back in equity because i was very low on my miles.
Wow, this is really good info. I never knew about #1 & #2 (especially the $500 credit). Is that with all Infiniti vehicles?

I'm a little under my mileage because I went with a 18K/year deal. Were you able to capitalize on your mileage by just buying the car from Infiniti and selling it yourself? Is that what you mean when you say 'traded'?

Thanks a lot JaxG!

Old 03-24-2009, 05:39 PM
I know the 500 was the deal with my maxima, so I figure its the same with infiniti. Im sure there is some info somewhere, I'll see if I can find for sure.

Yeah, I just went to the dealer and traded it on a new one, instead of turning it in and losing the equity. I had $1000 in equity that I was able to put as a cap cost reduction on the new car. That was about 3 years ago in a better market though. Always worth a shot though to see. If they dont, just wait and turn it in.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 PM
I couldnt find the thing about the 500$, but I found this, it might be helpful to you: http://www.infinitiusa.com/pdf/finan..._Use_Guide.pdf

Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check to see if your upside down? then you will findout how well you negotiated that lease, hehe.
Is your car worth more than your lease buy out? If so buy the G37 and trade in your car to the dealer as if you owned it.

ex Lease buy out is 17000, you negotiated a G37 40k plus you negotiated trading your car in for 20k, you now have 3k to roll into your new g37. dont need to worry about the inspection or lease turn in.

what happens to your leased car, well the dealership u traded to will buy your car from the lease company out right sending in a check for 17000 your lease disolves and the dealership owns the fx outright.

I know this bc i traded a leased gli to purchase a TT a few yrs ago.