The FX-Spot For General discussion of the FX35/FX45

2004 Laser Red FX35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2010 | 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
^they had OEM all black interior? That included headlights, visors and pillars?

I say suede it up.
lol i didn't know headlights were in the interior. You meant headliner

Old 08-01-2010 | 04:54 PM
I just read that again I have no idea what I'm even talking about.

Headliner maybe? lol

Old 08-01-2010 | 06:05 PM
yes you meant headliner lol

Old 08-01-2010 | 06:27 PM
Love it, i also think the billet grille would be palatable if it were BLACK. Everything else looks great, good job man.

Old 08-08-2010 | 08:12 PM
|
Came to a stopping point in the build. During the tune we overheated at 430whp around 15psi. Looks like a bigger badder radiator is in order, but I'm going to try moving the oil cooler and the tranny cooler off the radiator first. We'll see what happens when we improve airflow and add in a Nismo thermostat.

Here's the 430whp pull on video, with the dyno.

http://www.houston-nissans.com/index...sg8515#msg8515

And so we backed off the boost a couple psi and rounded to 400whp till we collect some parts, take some notes and see how things shape up.

Here's the dyno with my baseline - before the turbo went in (bottom line) and then two more runs with increasing boost. I think it's perfectly sized for my goals since my transmission is the limitation of the system.

Last edited by jumbosrule; 08-15-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2010 | 01:51 AM
|
First photos since I got the FX back.

Old 08-15-2010 | 04:44 AM
Looks great Jumbo, hope you like it!

I am matts friend's he had a Black FX, I met you at Five Guys burger meet..

Old 08-18-2010 | 09:53 AM
|
Originally Posted by mysterymann
Looks great Jumbo, hope you like it!

I am matts friend's he had a Black FX, I met you at Five Guys burger meet..
Hey man, sup? You guys going to the 5guys meet on the 28th? Been thinking about going.

Old 08-18-2010 | 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by jumbosrule
Actually I think they are specific to the FX - as far as the adapter bracket goes. The Aero rotor, calipers & pads are used on the Z, G, and FX.
I'm following your build and it's an amazing build! No BBK in the rear?

Old 08-18-2010 | 04:06 PM
|
Originally Posted by fullvietFX
I'm following your build and it's an amazing build! No BBK in the rear?
Correct- no BBK is offered by Stoptech for the rear. Crazy, huh???

What they did offer was upgraded rotors, stainless steel lines and performance pads for the rear, which I installed.

I actually called them up and talked to Stoptech for a while. They pretty much explained the way they engineer their brakes are known as "balanced" upgrades. What I got out of that was they pretty much perform like stock does, BUT they take longer to heat soak and they cool more quickly, making them much more resistant to fade. He actually told me that compared to OEM, the Stoptech calipers "might not" stop the car in a shorter distance. I was surprised to hear that.

When I asked about other brands that have 6 pot fronts and 4 pot rears, he pretty much said none of them would perform better than OEM in terms of stopping power under normal driving conditions. But on the track - different story. They are made to take higher levels of punishment. I don't track my car - and neither do 99.99% (that might be conservative) of other Infiniti FX owners so... no development money for my S50 chassis, from Stoptech anyway.

The summary to our conversation was, Stoptech doesn't make a rear BBK for the FX35 because it doesn't need one. It would be for looks only.

What's wrong with that??? lol! Made me want to go buy AP racing all around. But I gotta admit - I've had the Stoptech kit for just about a year now and they have been flawless. Confidence inspiring, even. I freakin love them.

Last edited by jumbosrule; 08-18-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-19-2010 | 02:20 PM
wow first of its kind. looks sick

Old 08-19-2010 | 03:06 PM
Not a fan of the grill, but if you painted them black, I think it could flow better.

Old 08-19-2010 | 10:04 PM
Correct- no BBK is offered by Stoptech for the rear. Crazy, huh???

What they did offer was upgraded rotors, stainless steel lines and performance pads for the rear, which I installed.

I actually called them up and talked to Stoptech for a while. They pretty much explained the way they engineer their brakes are known as "balanced" upgrades. What I got out of that was they pretty much perform like stock does, BUT they take longer to heat soak and they cool more quickly, making them much more resistant to fade. He actually told me that compared to OEM, the Stoptech calipers "might not" stop the car in a shorter distance. I was surprised to hear that.

When I asked about other brands that have 6 pot fronts and 4 pot rears, he pretty much said none of them would perform better than OEM in terms of stopping power under normal driving conditions. But on the track - different story. They are made to take higher levels of punishment. I don't track my car - and neither do 99.99% (that might be conservative) of other Infiniti FX owners so... no development money for my S50 chassis, from Stoptech anyway.

The summary to our conversation was, Stoptech doesn't make a rear BBK for the FX35 because it doesn't need one. It would be for looks only.

What's wrong with that??? lol! Made me want to go buy AP racing all around. But I gotta admit - I've had the Stoptech kit for just about a year now and they have been flawless. Confidence inspiring, even. I freakin love them.
Yeah most BBK's are for looks anyways, would of looked better with a rear kit nonetheless. Keep on updating.

Old 08-20-2010 | 02:29 AM
Hey man, sup? You guys going to the 5guys meet on the 28th? Been thinking about going.
I have no idea, depends on what happens since its the first week of college for me, but I may head out there

Old 08-23-2010 | 01:15 PM
|
Originally Posted by FlopsDaCat
wow first of its kind. looks sick
Thanks bro. There are some other turbo FXs out there, but each setup is totally different. This is definitely one of a kind.

Originally Posted by donpisto
Not a fan of the grill, but if you painted them black, I think it could flow better.
You are right. I'm going to try it. Was thinking flat black, because some iForged wheels I'm looking at have flat black spokes and a polished lip. Haven't totally made up my mind though. Maybe brushed aluminum spokes and a gloss black grill. Not sure yet, but I was thinking I should wait until I get the wheels before I change the grill - to make sure they flow.

Originally Posted by mysterymann
I have no idea, depends on what happens since its the first week of college for me, but I may head out there
Well let me know then - good luck in school, bro! It's awesome. I'm jealous of your next four years. School is your job so handle your biz and everything outside of that is pretty much pure freedom.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2004 Laser Red FX35