The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tinting and the pigs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 03:59 AM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
I just drove by a cop yesterday while in the carpool lane (alone). He coudldn't see what was inside my G (passengers??) so I got away clean

Old 06-30-2006, 05:14 AM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Im in South Cali, and i had 35% all round tint on my car since feb, and i havent had a problem yet. I even had cops drive by me at night and not say anything.

I work with a cop, he said that 35% all around isnt that dark, so its not worth the cops time to write you a ticket just for that. But they might use it as an excuse to pull you over just to check you out. Also, if you get pulled over for something else, and the cop sees your windows as hes writing you a ticket, then he might add it on, so keep your windows down when you get pulled over.

Old 06-30-2006, 05:45 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In cali, any window tint not factory or if ur not a limo/transportation service, its illegal. The reason lower percentages get away is the hit and miss type of thing with law enforcement, lower percentage could be factory or looks as if its not tinted.

Old 06-30-2006, 10:11 AM
My girlfriend is NYPD in Harlem. I can tell you a couple things. If you have tint of any kind the police notice you. She generally doesnt care about tint tickets. She cares about her safety and if she is doing a traffic stop and cant tell how many people are in the car or what they are doing it becomes a scary situation for a cop (especially in Harlem). I suggest if you get pulled over, roll down all your windows when your stopped. If you have a hat on, take it off so they can compare you to your license pic. The cop will appreciate it and hopefully let you go with a warning. Otherwise you may find yourself on the hood. LOL! I dont have tint by the way. I have never been a fan of tint.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RTZ_G35
BTW I work across the street from the CHP Station in Monterey Park
You work at the towing company?

Old 07-02-2006, 01:57 AM
socal resident, currently gots 15% all around and 35% on front w/s and im lovin it. yes its illegal, but im just taking my chances =] keeps me nice n cool and it looks incredible

Old 07-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Shellnyce
My girlfriend is NYPD in Harlem. I can tell you a couple things. If you have tint of any kind the police notice you. She generally doesnt care about tint tickets. She cares about her safety and if she is doing a traffic stop and cant tell how many people are in the car or what they are doing it becomes a scary situation for a cop (especially in Harlem). I suggest if you get pulled over, roll down all your windows when your stopped. If you have a hat on, take it off so they can compare you to your license pic. The cop will appreciate it and hopefully let you go with a warning. Otherwise you may find yourself on the hood. LOL! I dont have tint by the way. I have never been a fan of tint.
Good advice, i just wanted to add that its a good idea to turn on the dome light as well. That way cops can see inside your car at night and wont approach your car with one had on their gun.

Old 07-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Polishthrust
Good advice, i just wanted to add that its a good idea to turn on the dome light as well. That way cops can see inside your car at night and wont approach your car with one had on their gun.
Oh yeah, putting your hands up on the steering wheel (head rests and dash for your passengers) is also good so the cops can see your hands clearly.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:48 AM
im out in jersey and they have pretty strict laws with the things u can do to a vechile and i have 5 % all around except the windshield and its been like 2 months and i always have my windows up nd i never had a problem... sux at nite thought cuz them shyts are dark as hell....