The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Dealer tried to screw me big time!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006 | 08:12 AM
I called the manager yesterday and he swears up and down that they're installing the "Aero Kit". I specifically asked him if it was an aftermarket spoiler or the factory Infinity one with the diffusers. Hopefully now that they know I'm looking for it they'll make sure to use the factory parts.

Old 07-23-2006 | 05:59 PM
Sorry to hear about your situation. My perception is that most salesmen and dealers (regardless of brand or country of origin) are right up there with sleazy ambulence chasing lawyers. There are exceptions of course but it sounds like you're dealing with crooks. Hopefully they make good on their promise to install the correct aero kit. I would take my car elsewhere for service once this is resolved. Good luck.

It's too bad we can't just buy our cars over the internet or phone, pay the delivery, have it delivered to our driveways from the factory with instructions and a tank of gas included. Get rid of the middlemen.

I hate to say it but is there anything else other than the spoiler, underbody diffusers that is included with the aero kit down there in the US? The packages are different in Canada I think but what about things like sport tuned suspension and a limited slip differential?

There doesn't seemt to be an aero package up here anymore but they have a sport package:
http://www.infiniti.ca/en/models/g35...ricelease.html

Last edited by Woblin_Goblin; 07-23-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-25-2006 | 09:27 AM
did they give you a "WE OWE" slip? always make sure you get something in writing that they did not have the part in stock or they need to add something to your car. in this case if they did have to order your aero kit then you might have to wait until it comes in or just go and see if they have it on file that they do owe you an aero kit... i would hate to see you get screwed b/c that leaves a bad taste in my mouth i hate horror stories from other dealers

Old 07-25-2006 | 12:57 PM
The "We owe" says "Simon's Spoiler". But the Sales manager swears that I'm getting the factory Aero kit. I don't know exactly how I'm going to confirm it though. I'll check for the diffusers but I don't know exactly what to look for on the wing to tell if it's a knock off or not. I had to wait for them to order it so I don't get it installed until this Saturday.

Old 07-29-2006 | 06:15 PM
Surprise surprise. The spoiler is an aftermarket knock off and I don't see any sort of underbody diffusers. I confronted the dealer about it and they were "surprised" to see that it wasn't a factory spoiler. I'm supposed to take it in next Sat for the real one. Does anyone have pictures of the underbody diffusers?
I'll post pics of the spoiler later.

Old 07-29-2006 | 06:17 PM
Oh and to top it off, the service department didn't wash my car after it was done
I thought I was done with Nissan style service when i stepped up to an Infiniti...

Old 07-29-2006 | 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by n2fooz
Oh and to top it off, the service department didn't wash my car after it was done
I thought I was done with Nissan style service when i stepped up to an Infiniti...
LOL. And why are you pissed at that? That is probably the best thing they have done for you so far man. Dont ever let them wash it, when they ask say NO. Always, they really suck at that,.

Old 07-29-2006 | 07:18 PM
Damn man, sorry to hear they're still trying to play you for a fool. Whatever you do, don't give in. Let em know what lousy feedback they're getting on this forum... a forum that hundreds, if not thousands of people participate in daily. Have you tried to get in contact with Nissan/Infiniti? Hope things work out for you.

Speaking of lousy service. What was the name of the dealer again? Maybe you could post the dealer contact info here in big bold letters.

Last edited by Woblin_Goblin; 07-29-2006 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2006 | 07:22 PM
hwa
I don't know how they imagined that their "surprise" that the spoiler was aftermarket would pass off as a credible excuse. After all, are they not an official dealership, or at least an authorized one, that would have specific internal procedures in place to procure their own parts? I would think that the purchase of unofficial products would stick out from an internal standpoint. Not to mention that the installer who did the spoiler job on the vehicle is probably experienced enough to notice the difference...

Old 07-29-2006 | 10:50 PM
Thumbs down

Pics of the spoiler...
Notice poor fit of the brake light. It doesn't follow the contour of the spoiler, there are gaps all around it and it's held in with doulble stick tape.
The dealer is Santa Monica Infiniti.

Attached Thumbnails Dealer tried to screw me big time!-gsp1.jpg   Dealer tried to screw me big time!-gsp3.jpg   Dealer tried to screw me big time!-gsp4.jpg   Dealer tried to screw me big time!-gsp5.jpg  
Old 07-29-2006 | 11:02 PM
Good luck getting your ride the way it should be! I can't believe they would install such an obviously flawed spoiler. That's a shame. I'd be pretty ticked off too.

Old 07-29-2006 | 11:47 PM
in california you get what is called a "DUE BILL" in the due bill it explains what was promised to you by the dealership.

Old 07-30-2006 | 12:05 AM
Yes and if you read the prior posts, you'll see that we discussed this...

Old 07-30-2006 | 06:31 AM
that looks horrible...i'm glad they are willing to compromise and do the right thing. Another horrible story from Santa Monica Infiniti and trust me, you're not the first victim. I'm glad you are finally getting the rea deal!

Old 07-30-2006 | 07:16 AM
Damn... I got my G from Santa Monica Infiniti...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer tried to screw me big time!