Dealer tried to screw me big time!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2006 | 04:11 PM
|
Dealer tried to screw me big time!

All,

Here is my situation.

I bought a brand-new 6mt coupe black 3 weeks back. When I went to the dealer, I told the guy I wanted the aero package. He says that they have exactly the one I want with aero package, navi, premium package, etc.

So they bring out the car, and I think ok. But then I realize wait, it doesn't have a spoiler. So they say they are sorry and they have started on all the paperwork already and could I just get this one and they will install the aero package later?

Fine so I do it.

Last week I get the "aero package" installed. It is just the spoiler and it looks like the factory spoiler. I have doubts so I compare it to another car, and guess what! It is a cheap imitation spoiler! And not only that! In order to install this crappy spoiler, they had to drill these two huge holes to the under my trunk which they cover up with black tape!

So now I am negotiating with the dealer to get my trunk completely replaced and the OFFICIAL aero package put on. HOWEVER, they REFUSE to remove the rear-deck, 3rd brake light. They say that in their 30 years in business they have NEVER done this and will not do this.

My argument, is that I want the exact same car I would've gotten if I had gotten it from the factory with the aero package.

Why are they refusing to do this? Are there any dealers out there that can verify this? Is this procedure absolutely unheard of? Please help!

Old 07-10-2006 | 04:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your prob with the dealer. Can you post pics of this spoiler on your G?

Old 07-10-2006 | 04:26 PM
|
Yes I will post pictures when I get home so everyone can see that these knock-offs are out there.

Again, I didn't realize it was not factory because I didn't see it side-by-side with one that is from the factory, but once I did a compare it was much different.

The main thing is the difference in the led lights. The factory led strip is longer. These led's are encased in really cheap plastic that is glued on...the sides of the plastic strip is bending so you can actually see the glue, as it is coming off.

Still I can't believe that the removal of the 3rd brake light would be such an issue. Dealers must have done this for people. Why does my dealer say this is so unheard of?

Old 07-10-2006 | 04:28 PM
If you payed for the aero package and they didnt give it to you then installed a fake imposter spoiler then i would just bring up the words court date to them and they will move on it real fast. If you agreed to the package just by mouth and not on paper then you might be screwed....

Old 07-10-2006 | 04:33 PM
why you believed the stealership in the first place is beyond me.

Old 07-10-2006 | 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by boxa87
If you payed for the aero package and they didnt give it to you then installed a fake imposter spoiler then i would just bring up the words court date to them and they will move on it real fast. If you agreed to the package just by mouth and not on paper then you might be screwed....
^+1

i hope u get this resolved somehow and dont get screwed over

Old 07-10-2006 | 04:42 PM
def don't take the am spoiler, those things are cheap and leak.

Technically, when they drilled that thing onto the trunk, they just voided the Nissan warranty for the trunk lid, electrical, paint, corrosion, etc and other dealerships will prob not warranty those things if they see the am spoiler on there.

As for the extra rear brake light, it can't be removed without changing out the entire rear deck. I would just get the back glass tinted with 20%, take the bulb out and you will never be able to see it.

Last edited by redwillow; 07-10-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2006 | 04:51 PM
man thats aweful, but i wouldn't stop bugging them unless they did something about it.

Old 07-10-2006 | 04:51 PM
Staff Alumni
Staff Alumni
Don't forget to mention the dealership's name... And explain to them you're a member of g35driver with a membership approaching 40 thousand.

Old 07-10-2006 | 05:06 PM
|
Originally Posted by redwillow
def don't take the am spoiler, those things are cheap and leak.

Technically, when they drilled that thing onto the trunk, they just voided the Nissan warranty for the trunk lid, electrical, paint, corrosion, etc and other dealerships will prob not warranty those things if they see the am spoiler on there.

As for the extra rear brake light, it can't be removed without changing out the entire rear deck. I would just get the back glass tinted with 20%, take the bulb out and you will never be able to see it.
I am definitely getting it tinted and the thing disconnected, it's just that it's a brand-new car and I can't stand to have something there that has no function whatsoever.

It just makes me mad that it was like a bait and switch...here's the car you wanted...except without aero. But don't worry we'll put in aero...then whoops we put in a cheap *** spoiler and drilled two huge holes in your trunk voiding the whole friggin' warranty....WTF!!!

Old 07-10-2006 | 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by 99atlantic
why you believed the stealership in the first place is beyond me.
+1

Do you have this in writing? Call BBB, take it to court, etc... if you do.

Old 07-10-2006 | 05:20 PM
|
Originally Posted by dofu
+1

Do you have this in writing? Call BBB, take it to court, etc... if you do.
I'm not sure if this is in writing, I'll have to check...but is an authorized infiniti dealer even allowed to void the warranty by putting on a cheap aftermarket part on a brand-new car they just sold you?

Old 07-10-2006 | 05:32 PM
Also the aero package isnt just the spoiler, make sure you get the underbody diffusers. I wont be surprised if your dealer tried to shaft you on those also.

Old 07-10-2006 | 05:42 PM
tomcatm is right... u also get the side diffusers with the aero package make sure those are there...

and rat out your dealer here in big bold capital letters, so everyone is aware... and the sales guy too.... so the next person can be more cautious going there .....

and as for your problem... speak to manager to get your problem sorted... write a letter to the owner of the stealership explaining your problem, CC the same note to the BBB in your locality... give them all zeros in their evaluation... and be persistent.... send the same letter to Infiniti of america

good luck man.

Old 07-10-2006 | 05:53 PM
does you state have buyers remorse law? stick it to them if you do and you can qualify

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer tried to screw me big time!