G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Dealer tried to screw me big time!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2006 | 12:05 PM
intesresting that the spoiler is that off

Old 08-09-2006 | 10:09 PM
Exclamation

So... I went in to have the factory spoiler put on because the salesman said he would take care of it (see prior posts) and made an appoimtment for Sat. I get there and they ask me my name and what was my appointment for. I tell them and they ask "Who made the appoimtment? You?" I tell them Steve (salesman) made it. Their reply was "He doesn't make appointments". So they call the Sales manager to find out what's going on and, from what I gather, he reams them and says it's their fault. Now here's the funny part. He can't say the spoiler being aftermarket is their fault because the sales department set up the job with a mobile 3rd party, not the service department. So what he says is their fault is that the service advisor told me that the spoiler wasn't factory. In other words the sales manager is mad that the service department exposed their lie. Funny thing is, they didn't tell me. I knew to research it because of the original post in this thread.
After the service manager figured out what was going on he checks to see if the spoiler is in stock... you guessed it... Not in stock. So now
I'm still waiting

Old 08-09-2006 | 10:17 PM
Also, I'm curious, what ever happened with WCS23? Did you get yours taken care of? What dealer did this to you?

Old 08-10-2006 | 12:16 PM
Exclamation

Was mentioned earlier in thread:

Originally Posted by n2fooz
Pics of the spoiler...
The dealer is Santa Monica Infiniti.

Old 08-10-2006 | 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Woblin_Goblin
Was mentioned earlier in thread:
Hmm... You quote me. I went to SMI, I'm asking what dealer WCS23 went to since he never said.

Old 08-10-2006 | 08:42 PM
LOL. Sorry, didn't read close enough.

Anyways, couldn't hurt to mention again that the lousy dealer in question is Infiniti of Santa Monica.

Someone should tell them about this thread. Maybe they'd make an effort to shape up.

Old 08-11-2006 | 03:56 AM
Originally Posted by Woblin_Goblin
LOL. Sorry, didn't read close enough.

Anyways, couldn't hurt to mention again that the lousy dealer in question is Infiniti of Santa Monica.

Someone should tell them about this thread. Maybe they'd make an effort to shape up.
Find their website and email address ... send an email with a link to this thread. They should read this stuff since it's the best customer feedback they can get.

Yes, the dealerships. Some are worse than others. Most want to rip you off if you're not watching every little move they make. Get everything in writing and make sure to specify FACTORY parts if getting anything put on as part of the sale.

Old 09-16-2006 | 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by da mayor
well here's my feedback.... look at your original buyers order and if they wrote install rear spoiler then they didn't do anything wrong. if they wrote "install aero package" then they have to install a rear spoiler and the rear underbody diffusers.

as far as installing rear spoilers there are different rear decks (one w/o the rear third brake light and one with) but they won't swap that out-- they'll just disconnect the 3rd brake light (hopefully)

if it looks like crap they shouldn't have installed in on your car. i've had a few spoilers installed onto cars w/o one and when they came in shipped from Infiniti it had little chips I would just order a brand new one.

like gfolo19 said, i actually care about my customer's cars makign sure they are perfect or i'll make it perfect
OK, so now that we know that there's 2 rear decks depending if it did, or didn't come with the aero pkg from the factory, does anyone know how much the rear deck w/o the third brake light cutout is for all of us that didn't get the aero pkg from the factory, installed it after the fact and want to remove the third brake light inside the rear deck?

Old 09-19-2006 | 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by rx794
OK, so now that we know that there's 2 rear decks depending if it did, or didn't come with the aero pkg from the factory, does anyone know how much the rear deck w/o the third brake light cutout is for all of us that didn't get the aero pkg from the factory, installed it after the fact and want to remove the third brake light inside the rear deck?
just keep the rear deck that you have.... it's the same shape but disconnect that extra brake light.

Old 09-19-2006 | 09:52 AM
just keep the rear deck that you have.... it's the same shape but disconnect that extra brake light.
I hear ya, still curious though, does anyone have a pic of a rear deck of a 2005-2006 4dr sedan that came with the aero pkg from the factory?

Old 09-19-2006 | 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by rx794
I hear ya, still curious though, does anyone have a pic of a rear deck of a 2005-2006 4dr sedan that came with the aero pkg from the factory?
just go look at your rear deck and where the third brake light is -- that is just black... no huge difference trust me i thought about switching it out too but taking out the whole rear seat is a pain

Old 09-19-2006 | 09:56 AM
just go look at your rear deck and where the third brake light is -- that is just black... no huge difference trust me i thought about switching it out too but taking out the whole rear seat is a pain
Oh, ok, if it's the same shape then screw it, I thought it was flat or something like that, cool, I'll stay with what I have then and just disconnect the light, thanks.

Old 09-19-2006 | 03:05 PM
Update:

The service department took care of me and now I have the factory spoiler and underbody diffusers. Thanks to Mike and Vince at SMI Service.

Old 09-19-2006 | 03:06 PM
Congrats, glad to hear this was finally resolved.

Old 09-19-2006 | 04:35 PM
You have 30 days to return it anyways, I would bring the car back with my lawyer and tell them to stick it up their a$$. Wow I can't beleive that!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer tried to screw me big time!