The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Infiniti G35 reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not everyone was present and paying attention...

Anyway, updated results were recently posted. Most model years for the first-gen G35 are average or a bit better than average. The 2005 is a bit worse than average, which is probably an effect of the small sample size rather than an indication that that year is different than the others.

The 2007 continues to be on the low edge of average, because of the common problems with the seat heater wiring and a piece of sunroof trim. The repair rate for the 2008 is a bit better than average.

Full results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

Old 09-22-2008, 01:24 PM
The 600th G signed up today--thanks, guys. We'll have another set of results in November, with a preview for participants next month.

Looking forward to reporting on the 2009s, maybe as soon as February.

Vehicle reliability research

Old 10-20-2008, 11:55 AM
624 now. But more would of course be better.

Getting close to the next set of results.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Updated results just posted to the OP.

642 G owners signed up so far, a great start. But more remain needed.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:05 PM
This month's survey is the last before the February results. Additional participants would be very helpful.

Car reliability research

Old 02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
TrueDelta has released updated Car Reliability Survey results for the Infiniti G35 AND G37. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 50; about average, large sample size

2007 sedan: 72, about average

2007 coupe: 16, better than average, very small sample size

2006: 27, better than average

2005: 80, about average; other results suggest actual repair rate is lower

2004: 33, better than average

2003: 47, better than average

Overall, the Gen 1 cars seem to require fewer repairs than the current generation, despite their greater age. It's possible that the repair rate for the current cars will improve one a few initial problems drop out of the analysis, which always covers the past year.

A big thanks to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May, August, and November, so additional participants would certainly be helpful.

TrueDelta now has a separate results page for each model that includes the scores of competitors for easy comparisons. The one for the Infiniti G35 / G37:

Infiniti G35 / G37 reliability comparisons

Old 02-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mkaresh
Could have been worse. Could have been ALL CAPS as well.
Thats exactly what I was thinking...he could've been yelling as we'll as not using paragraps, etc.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Sheesh that guy can talk lol

Old 02-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by AminG
couple things. 1. I am a registered member of the forum. why cant i reply to posts in the actual g35 coupe forum but only to threads in the general g35 forum when i see other registered but not preimium members posting replies? bottom left corner tells me i cant post, reply, start, edit, or attach to any posts or do anything else. whatever. If this post sounds like i am excessively and overly completely pissed off, please dont take it to mean i am directing it towards you or any other member. It is me being at an absolute ****ing boiling point since my car has been in the shop for two weeks now. TWO WEEKS! for what i thought was a blown out clutch according to what people on this forum told me. I read someone elses post (in the general G35 forum) and realized i had the same problems in my car, so i read on and everyone replied its your clutch its your clutch. so then i finally post and ask whats a good clutch to put in aftermarket wise? and people reply and say that Z1motorsports.com, a company that actually has ad's on this website has a really good clutch. So, naturally i call them up and they are really cool, nice people, i buy their clutch, take everything to PEPBOYS to get it all installed. this was two thursdays ago. they start to work on it, telling me it should be done by saturday afternoon. i call saturday afternoon, and the ****er is like 'yeah hes putting it all back together now, should be done within the hour...' then they call me 45 minutes later and dude is like ' well it seems that your shift board is broken...i mean well it might just be bent' WTF does that mean!? i dont know what a shift board is but ok. i ask if theres anything we can do and he says no becuase its saturday afternoon and the parts dept of the dealer is closed. fine, ill wait until monday. then they call me back 15 minutes later and the F'in A-hole tells me 'actually its not the shift board, but its the shift fork, a piece that looks like a fork is broken, and not only is it broken, but the fork has a movable cylinder behind it, which has a bolt attached to that. the bolt goes and screws into the tranny. Your problem is that the bolt has broken off in the tranny.' Not knowing anything about trannys i say **** that im coming down there right now to take a look at whats up. i get there, i take pictures of everything (seeing my baby all opened up and lying all over the floor almost made me teary-eyed) so i see what does look like a clutch fork with a barrel attached to it, and at the end of it, a point at which a bolt looks like it broke off, along with the tranny plate cover with a hole that shouldnt have a bolt broken off inside of it, but should be hoolw for a bolt to screw into. The clutch fork apparently is the part that pulls the clutch off the flywheel disengaging the power from the motor to the wheels via the flywheel so alternate gears can be engaged. whatever. i take pics of it, come home not knowing what im looking at. com monday morning, i start calling every dealer in the nation looking for a clutch fork. After dealer number 64 the guy in parts finally gives me the number to infiniti consumer affairs telling me that if i speak with them they may be able to expedite my process of finding it and better yet actually getting my hands on one. So im talking to the lady at C.A. and she tells me that no orders have been placed anywhere so she dont know how far along the back order is, but she does find two in the country. one in santa barbara, who i called and they dont got it. the second is in NJ. i call NJ and the guy actually has the part...awesome!!!! can you please overnight it to me, heres my CC number i dont give a **** what it costs just charge me and get it here overnight. he says 'ok ill do that' this was on monday, the part shows up to my apt on thursday...what a dick. so im still at work until 10pm so my roomamte takes the part to them, and they call me and leave a message 'uhh the part you got doesnt look anything like the part we have...it seems that the ball bearing/bolt that are borken didnt come with the part you ordered...theryre held to the clutch fork by a pin.' again, WTF!!!! so it seems that the actual broken part isnt even what i ordered becuase it detaches from the clutch fork itself but theyre are such phuckin ******** there they didnt realize that. so now i'm pissed. i dont want to do anymore reasearch i dont want to find anymore parts, i tell the mgr get the parts it needs and get it fixed, im supposed to be moving to SF on sunday. OK, the mgr is the coolest guy there, really trying to be helpful, he goes to the infiniti dealer, with the detached broken part off of the fork in his hand on saturday afternoon, they give him the replacement part, and he gets back to PEPBOYS, lots of hours pass, so i call them again, get this he tells me ' uh im sorry man they gave us the part but once we attach the parts ot the end of the fork, the bolt doesnt reach the tranny plate...'WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF. how does the dealer sell you the wrong part??? now the guy tells me well i guess well have to wait and see what we can do on Monday...'DUDE, i told you a hundfred times all week long that i need to be in SF by monday morning for a new job!' so monday rolls around i call to make the necessary adjustments in SF, and they place the order for the part, it shows up wednesday morning, but now when i call, apparently the tech who took my car apart is the only one who should put it back together, and hes only working 3-6p...but they tell me it should still be ready in the evening. evening comes but the phonecall doesnt. now today is thursday, and they say itll be ready by 12-1p at the latest, i call them at 330p and they say, well he got it back together but it doesnt feel right, so again i explain the whole concept of the lighter aftermarket flywheel and clutch and how it wont be the same feel as a stock G35. so then they tell me okay, ill have him put the wheels back on (WTF were the wheels doing off in the first place!!!) then he informs me, well, the tech is actually at lunch so when he gets back hell get it together and ill call you. 545p i call again, now they say, well we never actually drove it, its on the bay with all wheels hanging in the air, and the slip[ light keeps coming on, so we dont know whats wrong...im like ;you numbnut, look at the wheels they all ahve metal strips on them to help with balancing or alignment or whatever those strips are for so the wheels dont weght the same! so of course the slip light will come on....take it out to the parking lot!' they do and of course he says yeah its working fine but doesnt really shift into 6th gear to well....SORRY TO HAVE RANTED AND RAVED FOR SOOOO LONG< THIS IS LIKE AN ESSAY, BUT IM ABOUT TO GO GET MY CAR RIGHT NOW, BUT MY QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO MAY HAVE READ THE WHOLE THIS IS DO YOU KNOW WHY ITS NOT SHIFTING INTO 6TH PROPERLY??? ILL POST AGAIN WITH WHAT I FIND OUT ONCE I DRIVE IT...THANKS TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO ACTUALLY ERAD THIS WHOLE THING AND HAS ANY GOOD INPUT.
I has no time to read lol

it seems like the years that have most problems is after 04

Old 03-04-2009, 01:25 PM
In a little over a month we'll start previewing the next set of results to participants. More always helpful.

Car reliability research

Old 03-04-2009, 05:17 PM

Buddy has an G35 sedan with 140K. Runs great, although its starting to show its age...

Old 03-05-2009, 12:02 PM
well looking after the results the 2003 and 2004 are pretty good comparing to new ones, meaning 2005 and up. wats the common probleme on the 2003 anyway?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Descriptions of all reported repairs can be viewed here:

Infiniti G35 repair histories

Old 04-29-2009, 09:09 AM
The G35 / G37 recently became the first model with 100+ owners signed up for each of five model years. Thanks, guys, I really appreciate it.

This said, more is always better with sample sizes. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Car reliability research

Old 06-01-2009, 12:39 PM
We have updated results for the G to include owner experiences through March 2009. In terms of successful repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008: 48, about average

2007 sedan: 65, about average

2007 coupe: no repairs reported, but very small sample size--especially need more of these

2006: 16, better than average

2005: 79, about average--bump as the warranty ends?

2004: 41, better than average

2003: 40, better than average

A big thanks to everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Infiniti G35 / G37 reliability comparisons

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti G35 reliability