The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

BMW vs. Infiniti customer service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
I have never had a BMW but my family has owned many. It really depends on the dealership.

I have been very, very happy with the service I get from Midway Infiniti two miles from my work. I know my mother has had bad experiences with most of the BMW dealers in AZ and was amazed when I told her how good my experience has always been.

The best I have ever seen is Lund Cadillac here in Phoenix. They have what seems to be known as the best service anywhere in the country. May or may not be true but the few times I was there it was amazing. They even give you a CD with the service tech telling you what he did on your car personalized to you. "Hello Mr. Trank, I am John Doe and we are looking into your wind noise concern with your 2003 CTS-V today. We found.... We are fixing it by .... You get the idea.

Last edited by ttrank; 01-15-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow!! never heard of that before. Thats kinda cool.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:54 PM
My Infiniti dealer (JBA) is pretty good. Some of the sales people are clueless, but the service people are great...friendly and willing to to help.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Both BMW and Infiniti in Concord are ok.

I just got my car back from Infiniti today and I must say I was rather impressed considering the horror stories I'd heard before.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
I have to admit, South Bay Infiniti in Torrance, CA isn't half bad. So far, they offered some perks when I didn't ask (free first oil change even though I bought mine at Glendale), they always try and make things right (especially if it is there fault). So far, they scratch my bumper (they repainted it and did a decent job and got rid of the rock chips), scratch my rim (fixed it and I can't even find the spot where they fixed it), free detail job for all the times they tried and couldn't fix my squeaky seat (they ended up replacing it and it is still a little squeaky when I get out of the seat), and even gave me a free bottle of water (Aquafina). All the same, they always made sure I got a loaner and at least a quarter tank of gas for the day or more if I have to keep the loaner longer. One time, they went out and filled it up to 3/4 full before I left. The Nissan dealership near me, well they aren't bad but I always seem to be waiting a long time for anything so having a loaner is a definite plus. I'm not saying they are perfect, but they do strive to make things pleasant and that is all I can ask of them.

Looks like I'll be going to SB Infiniti for my service. Any comments on Santa Monica?

Old 01-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kewltea
Looks like I'll be going to SB Infiniti for my service. Any comments on Santa Monica?
Oh man, I've heard horrible stories on SM Infiniti. However, I haven't been there since I'm in Torrance, and wouldn't even see a reason to go there to test it out. One thing about South Bay Infiniti, be nice to them. Remember, these are working folks too. Every time I go there, I say "Hi" to whomever is working at the time, shake there hand as I say Hi. Funny how little gestures goes a long way. When I got my bottle of touch-up paint, I went to the counter to pick it up after-hours (I had paid over the phone, since I won't be able to get there in time before the part dept closes). I said Hi to everyone and thank them. That's when I got my free first oil change offered (I had asked to be on the mailer for coupons and then they added my name and offered it to me).

Old 01-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Service is the biggest difference between my experiences with the BMW & Infiniti service departments. Where I live, both the BMW and Infiniti dealers are the only ones in the area (for hundreds of miles). The Infiniti dealership here is also a Nissan dealership. They share the same service departments, as well. I've noticed that the general experience has been not in-line with everything that a premium brand should stand for. The waiting area is horrible. Okay, so they give you free popcorn and coffee, but big deal. The sad thing is that this dealership is notorious for capitalizing on it being the only Infiniti dealership for hundreds of miles and selling cars well above MSRP! Not that that's a bad thing, when you've got dealers selling cars for less than MSRP or even below invoice, I'd hope that the dealer that makes a killing on the cars would improve the service department, waiting area, and spend a little time in training their service advisors in customer service excellence. The car's come back washed half-@$$ed, not vacuumed, etc. When I owned an Acura, even though the dealership sold both Hondas and Acuras, the Acura service department was noticeably different. The customer service was very attentive, the waiting area was beautiful (big screen TV, leather sofas, blah blah blah). The BMW service department here isn't even as nice as the Acura dealerships, but the customer service has been a dream. They bend over backwards and spend the extra time to get to know personal little quirks that I have (like they know that I'm a stickler when it comes to washing my car, so they'll give me a choice to either wait to have it done correctly or not wash the car at all). A few times, I've gone in there with little issues and they'd fix it right there on the spot, no appointment, and free of charge. Miind you, my BMW is over 7 years old and is well past its warranty coverage. When I came in to see if someone could put more windshield washer fluid in my car (since I had never had to fill it up myself), they promptly got some solution together, put it in my car, and cleaned the windshield and headlights for free. I offer to pay each and every time but they say "don't worry about it." I know experiences vary from dealership to dealership, so all I can offer is my personal experiences here in my city. I know I'm not the only one on this board who's got some not-so-positive experiences with this dealership. I read a post from another G owner here on this board. Anyway, hope your experiences are better than what I've encountered.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Much of it will depend on the individual dealership. Service in my area is ok. The best service I've ever experienced however was with my Mazda dealer with my '93 Mazda MX6. This was because I got to know those guys really well. I also experienced ebtter service with my '90 Honda Prelude. Aside from scheduled maintenence however my visits to them were infrequent.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Here's the reviews of my local BMW dealer service dept.. Since there's no other BMW dealer within 100 miles, I've never even considered a BMW. Too many horror stories about this dealership.

http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Ha...MW-review-373/

Our local Infinity dealer service dept. is ok. Not excellent but ok. They are friendly and always have a loaner ready when you get there but I've had to take the car back on a few occasions where they did not fix problems the 1st time and it was pretty obvious they were not fixed.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The BMW dealer where I live, in SE Michigan--Erhard--seems very good.

I don't get quite as good a vibe from the Infiniti dealer. But the Infiniti dealer is owned by the same group as the dealer where I took my Mazda to have a headlamp bulb replaced under warranty. Small job. But they still washed the car, topped off the washer fluid, and got me out of there in about an hour--without an appointment. I was impressed.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:12 PM
bmw vs infiniti

I made the step of moving from a 2000 540i BMW to the G. The car was great except for it's reliability. As far as reliability I mean that after a while, seems like just after the warranty goes out things go bad. The service at BMW of San Antonio is bad, and when I mean bad it's bad. I would drop my car off and wait for a service rep to come to the drop off bay. Wait I did. I would have to go inside and complain to get someone to help me. Their excuse, " We where under the impression that you where a new porter!" this sorry exucse along with, "You are just dropping it off for your dad!" is crap. When I first purchased it (used) in 2003 they said they would do new brakes all the way around. A few months later I needed new brakes. They explained to me that at the time I purchased the vehicle I did not need brakes. After calling corporate the center had them done. The best service I have gotten here in San Antonio are from MB of SA, Lexus, and Infiniti. BMW has some pretty nice cars but if the service department is not functioning properly then I rather not waste my time. Just my rant.

Last edited by Serg; 01-23-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:45 PM
I think in general, or in greater Vancouver, infinti stealerships sucks big *****.

Old 01-23-2007, 08:56 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Been to both, and have had nothing but good experiences with both. I've taken my G35 to Cerritos Infiniti and they were very quick, courteous, had some food/drinks, etc. No problems at all- didn't mess up my rims, and didn't wash my car when I asked em not to. My girlfriend has a 3 series she takes to Santa Monica, and the service there was about the same... the only thing I noticed with the BMW they are more willing to give out a loaner car - even for a job that's not going to take more than a couple hours.

Now to get a little off topic, the quality of the newer BMW's doesn't seem to be all that great. She drives her car nice and slow, takes good care of it and little things just keep breaking. Weatherstripping is falling off, power window switches break, these kind of things. So far I've had no problems with the G, besides one recall item for clicking rear axles - no big deal though.

Last edited by zackt69; 01-23-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
well i cant really say anything about bmw service, i can only compare it with lexus. so far, infiniti has been a lot better than the lexus service. maintenance seems more cheaper.

at the lexus dealer, they never bother telling me any discounts and always tell me off sometimes when im just browsing through their dealer. thats the oposite for infiniti. they usually give me discounts on everything and they're quick. gave me a loaner car at once when my car had to be in there a little longer, offering aftermarket parts (im guessing only stillen?...even though they said anything on the stillen site..), offering me a job there since im in school becoming an auto tech., etc etc. they're very welcoming in my opinion as opposed to lexus.