G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Horrible Fever WRX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigguy2000
"Legacy

Legacy GT ?? I'm 62 and wouldn't be seen in one of those. Too GAY, but that's just me ( Guess I'm not thinkinking much of "lips" or "bums" either, HaHa)
hahaha...seeing a 62 year old say GAY is way too funny.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by r6chiro
Good reply HWA. Well written. I'm a successful doctor, I currently am an owner of the cities largest hospital group... Maybe I should try to change the stereotype of a typical STi owner and when the new GTR comes out I'll get that too.

Man reading you comments about street racers etc and having the attitude that g drivers are such refined upper class people is kinda funny when you look back at the legacy of the Skylines that started it all. I guess when the neutered version of the skyline was brought to the US, it also brought out a lot of neutered yuppie drivers. If I had the dough i would buy a twin turbo AWD skyline in a heartbeat over the STI. Regardless of the dominant street tuner image it carries.

So to end the street racer aspect of the debate. Should I buy the STI OR keep my americanized, neutered, slow version of the ultimate ricer/euro/street racer tuner the G35...and try to restore some dignity to it with FI?
You're a "successful" doctor eh? What do you specialize in and which hospital group do you own?

Old 01-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm always thinking bout getting an Evo/STi intrade of my turbo G.. Even when my car is turbo'd.. it doesn't feel as raw as the STi/Evo.. Plus it's so much more practical in the winter etc. Some may think it's a boy race car.. I agree.. but has anyone seen one with no hoodscoop and shaved wing before?? Big *** front mount.. it's sooo sexy..

alot of business guys around boston.. alot older guys.. drive the STi's around.. It's a normal thing around here. IMO a turbo'd G doesn't feel as good as the STi. My G still doesn't pull as hard as my friend's STi.. and he only has 2k in mods.. And I spent almost 9k on my kit!!

Or you can get a Legacy Bspec.. those things are amazing too!

Old 01-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you can afford the car you want, buy it.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:19 PM
asuh
You're a "successful" doctor eh? What do you specialize in and which hospital group do you own?
P. H. A., P.A. in El Paso TX

I began starting chiropractic programs for medical doctors in Denver. Wifey wanted to move back to El Pisshole. Twisties are amazing here....NOT! But I started a program for this group and got lucky when the billionaire owner got indicted on Fed. Govt Fraud Charges last month. So me and 12 other doctors just pulled together and bought the group ourselves. Web site sucks and hasn't been update yet cuz el paso is no techno city but you can look it up.
http://www.phaclinics.com/providers.asp
http://www.physicianshospital.net/aboutus.asp

Old 01-26-2007, 11:31 PM
I just stepped out of an STi into my 07 sedan. I'll tell you, if it wasn't for the fact that my kid could reach my back seat with his feet (22 monthts old), I would have kept it.

-Pros: STi has a much more crisp feel. Forget turbo lag like you may be used to it. Think good response down low (like a light flywheel), with a big rush around 3k.
-Its throttle response, spring rates, and steering feel are all very crisp. The transmission is by far the best I've ever used. Very direct, smooth, and engaging. However, the ratios are pretty close with a weird/long 4th to 5th and 5th to 6th gear change compared to 1-4.
-manual intercooler spray button, headlight level switch, driver controlled center differential, and shift light/beep

-Cons: Though the interior isn't bad, it's nothing special.
-Gas mileage, wash with the G at about 20mpg.
-smallish back seat

All in all, the STi is to performance as what the 2007 G sedan is to luxury and vice versa. If you want an excellent performance car get the STi. If you want a luxury car with good performance, keep/get a new G. I gotta admit, the new G teased me in with everything that it offered and 90% of the performance.

If you want an STi, find a used 06 as they seem to be the best option as the new 07 has a dulled down throttle by wire that has hesitation and its suspension is a version made for more comfort. The 06 has the 100" wheel base found in the Spec C (Japans best STi model) as well as its caster settings.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Thanx guys great info. I thought they didn't change anything from '06 to '07. Guess the sales guy lied.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jackygor
The G35 is not meant for speed anyways and modding cost a cr@p load compare to a lot of either cars. However, if you do trade your g for a STi, you ll lose a lot of comfort.

I say trade it in for a STi, because this car clearly does not suit your needs.
The G35c hits 155 to 160 miles an hour.....it has more than enough speed...:lol

The Infiniti has a formal look to it......great for business suits and formal occasions.

Tell me why I shouldn't do it and that I'm hallucinating from a fever or something!

I guess I'm just really bored of the G? I thought about adding a supercharger and or upgrading to an 06 but then I started looking at other cars and...

I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT TRADING THE G FOR AN '07 STI NOW!

I really loved my G and it is in great shape but...Everything I've read about modding STI's and comparisons sound so fun and exciting. I know they are little boxes on wheels but man do they handle and move!

Reasons I want one. I am tired of seeing a ton of G's here(El Paso). Mostly driven by girls BTW. There are no EVOs here. I like to ski-AWD. Better financing and interior than EVOs. Easy to mod and fast as hell. Fun tinker toys. 4 door for my little boys SPARCO car seat. Am I an idiot for even thinking about it?

Keep the G.....Most doctors and business people I know love and drive the car......here in Southern California.

Wait till the 08 coupe comes out....or the GTR...... Waiting always brings
something better.

Last edited by dec55; 01-27-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:08 AM
Like skater said, there are so many teenagers own WRX/STI.... the reason is simple, WRX/STI is easy to mod and most teenagers care more about power hence you would see more 'stupid' teenagers in WRX/STI than G .....

Don't get me wrong, I have an utmost respect for WRX/STI and believe that many of them are cool people. I have never seen the new STI 06+ but my friend has 04 STI ... I was actually considering STI/ EVo before buying the G35 especially since it would be much easier to be modified. The turbo lag is so addictive and the seat is quite comfortable.
But after sitting in STI for some time, I just feel that it isn't for me because of this reason:

Interior feels really cheap and the build material surely not as good as G. Some rattles. The door is so light so when you close the door, it seems nothing is there and the sound when the door closes didn't seem 'correct' for me (so yeah, it just feel cheaper again), interior is nosiy and you can't really enjoy your audio/cd player (especially after 70mph), wind noisy is extravagant. You can always see the big wing when you drive it (I just don't like it). It just feels like sitting in a corrolla .... maybe corolla feels better when you just sit inside.

Exterior, it looks square, I am more rounded and classy person ....so that also turn me off.

Harsh ride - unless you modify your stock suspension, it's not really that harsh. In fact, I like the way it handles. It just feels right for me.

Hence I said, if you can stand the interior, the look and the harsh ride, then go for it (especially if you need AWD). It is the look and the interior that turn me off.

So, really, I can't care less about the image of STI, I personally have never put my G as higher level than STI (maybe WRX but not STI). Sometimes I wish I could have both --especially when it's snow

Last edited by Greatwars; 01-28-2007 at 03:12 AM.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:12 AM
The STI is faster than our G's stock but like everyone has said, do a few mods, doesnt have to be SC/TC and youll beat a STI for sure, if you could find a stock one that is....all of the STI i have seen here have destroyed me cause none of them are even stock, they are all modded. I personally dont like 4 door race cars, i prefer coupes...i just dont see the point. The 350Z would have a hard time selling if it had four doors, EVO's/STI's (i have heard) have horrible reliability records...i would never boy outside Nissan/Toyota/Honda...

Old 01-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what kind of doctor are you? MD? Chiropractor? Just buy the STi cuz it sounds like you want it.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:07 PM
looks like you want Raw power and something easy to mod. STi is a great car and I really dont understand people nowaday calling every car that doesnt look like a luxury car a ricer car. Its the owners that rice out their cars.

STI can easy out perform a G35 stock for stock and with a few boltons you can hit 300-400whp without having to spend $7000 on a Supercharger or turbo kit on a G35 let alone have to build the bottomend if you want it to last.

I have a 07 G35 and I've driven an 04 STI, 06 STI, 06 evo9 MR. The nimbleness and quick acceleration from the STI is a blast(Evo8 is better though but with 26lbs of boost stock!). Cheap interior? Who cares, looks fine too me. Easy to mod and cheaper then the G? YES! But why did I get a G35 instead? cause I got my uncles VPP discount and insurance was cheaper. No really though my wife didnt want me to get the STI cause she knows me. I had a reckless driving ticket 3 yrs ago that almost killed me and its still on my record for another 2 yrs.

I vote STI but I like the 04/05 STI year better. The new body style is kinda weird and has not grown on me yet. Or you can wait for the new body style coming out for 08 I believe and I've seen the concept. Looks hot!

Last edited by NVS_G35; 01-28-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:15 PM
I sold my G35x Sedan for a G35 Coupe 6MT...then sold the G35 Coupe for a Evo IX and couldnt be happier!

Its not about what car is "better" or faster - its just about trying different cars for me

I say do it man...give it a shot! You will love the Sti im sure....and have blast driving it and modding it....then (if your like me) your gonna get the "itch" for another car and move into that

Old 01-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by G-MENTED
youre trippin dude. people with WRXs and STIs end up gettin Gs. lol go sell your G and get a STI... youll be back.
He's absolutely right. I had an 04' WRX before I bought the G. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun little car but it has about the crappiest interior you can find in a performance car. You will wonder why you spent near 30k for a car when a 15k Hyundai has a more upscale interior.

Also think about the fact that after you have modded the crap out of it a couple of years down the line you will want something different. See what the resale is like on 2 year old modded STi. Not knocking them, I've just been down that road before.

-Ant

Old 01-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Tell me why I shouldn't do it and that I'm hallucinating from a fever or something!

I guess I'm just really bored of the G? I thought about adding a supercharger and or upgrading to an 06 but then I started looking at other cars and...

I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT TRADING THE G FOR AN '07 STI NOW!

I really loved my G and it is in great shape but...Everything I've read about modding STI's and comparisons sound so fun and exciting. I know they are little boxes on wheels but man do they handle and move!

Reasons I want one. I am tired of seeing a ton of G's here(El Paso). Mostly driven by girls BTW. There are no EVOs here. I like to ski-AWD. Better financing and interior than EVOs. Easy to mod and fast as hell. Fun tinker toys. 4 door for my little boys SPARCO car seat. Am I an idiot for even thinking about it?
I dunno what part of town you live in, but there are tons of EVOs in El Paso.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Horrible Fever WRX