The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Infiniti has no "Infiniti" loaner program?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti has no "Infiniti" loaner program?!

Went to get some service done today, and they told me it would take a while but they could get me into a loaner.

Having owned a Lexus before, I assumed they'd get me into some kind of used Infiniti just like Lexus did, at no additional charge.

After waiting for 20 minutes, some guy came out and said "Ready?" and pointed to a brand new Ford Mustang. Cool, I thought ... never actually been in one of those. Then he opened the passenger side door and said, hop in. I asked him where we're going and responded by saying we were going to get the loaner.

Turns out, he drove me to Hertz. I stood in line like any other Hertz customer, was offered the $14.99 additional insurance thing, offered pre-purchase gas options, I mean, like I was renting a car.

I was already running late for a meeting so I just denied everything, and they said great, your car is ready. I turn around and it's a Hyundai Accent, older model, floormats are black/dirty, car is ok, kinda dirty.

I paid $40,000 for my 2006 G35 and the best they could do for their service is make me wait 20 minutes, only to drive me to a Hertz rental center?? Then, I get a Hyundai Accent?

Wow. And the only way it is free for me, is if I deny the add'l insurance options, and the pre-purchase gas? Thanks Infiniti. Thanks a lot. Meanwhile, on my way back to the office, I spotted a Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes loaner car stickers for customers who were getting service done.

I can just see it. Some guy buys a fully loaded M45 at like $70k sticker, and when he needs to get his 30k service, they drive him over to Hertz, drop him off, so he can get his Daewoo.

Is this standard practice? (FWIW - This is at Infiniti Tustin, in Tustin, CA)

Old 01-31-2007, 04:24 PM
I have always gotten G35's as loaners....however, if they are out of loaners, it is not un-common that they send you to a rental place

Old 01-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Hmmm ... if that's true it would have been nice if they just communicated that to me. This is my first major service with Infiniti and they made it seem like this is standard practice.

All they needed to say was "I apologize for the inconvenience, but we are all out of Infiniti loaners today. But we'd be happy to take you to Hertz and have someone there help you get into a car while we work on yours."

Done. And I'm happy.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:50 PM
you should make an appointment,
when you do, they will normally ask you if you need a loaner and theyll have a car waiting there for you when you drop your car off

Old 01-31-2007, 05:00 PM
I made an appointment for an oil change.

The guy upsold me to a 15k service since I was at 17+k miles and needed one.

I said I didn't have time to wait for a full 15k service, and he suggested a loaner to which I agreed. He never mentioned it would be an old Hyundai.

Don't upsell me, if you can't deliver. That's all I'm saying. A very frustrating experience.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:11 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
both time I brought my car in for repairs I got a g35 sedan as a loaner

Old 01-31-2007, 06:20 PM
wierd...i always get g35 sedan as loaners....as a matter of fact i have one today since i'm getting my throttle body replaced.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
always get a loaner when I make the appointment in advance, and its either a G sedan or an FX35

Old 01-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Appt

I am a Broker for Infiniti, and you are only certain to get a loaner only when you have made an appt.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmm...I've always have gotten a Sedan Loaner (G35) when I take my car in for ANY service (e.g. Oil change, creaking noise, etc.). Of course, I always make an appointment for even an Oil Change and request a car, and made sure it has gas for the day, and that it is an 05+ (never have been dissapointed).

Old 01-31-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks guys.

It appears that for some odd reason ... myself (and the customer ahead of me), but got the shaft because we were both driven to a Hertz rent-a-car center to pick up cars not even close the ones we purchased.

I think I'm make my feelings clear to the dealership when I get there. Not that they can do anything about it.

BTW, when you guys got your loaners, did you have to pay $14.99 for the extra insurance or pre-purchased gas options a la a standard car rental? When I had my Lexus, they just gave me a car, no questions asked.

Old 01-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by topramen78
Thanks guys.

It appears that for some odd reason ... myself (and the customer ahead of me), but got the shaft because we were both driven to a Hertz rent-a-car center to pick up cars not even close the ones we purchased.

I think I'm make my feelings clear to the dealership when I get there. Not that they can do anything about it.

BTW, when you guys got your loaners, did you have to pay $14.99 for the extra insurance or pre-purchased gas options a la a standard car rental? When I had my Lexus, they just gave me a car, no questions asked.
Nope, never paid a penny. Hell, I even made them fill the loaner's tank up before I left. When I returned and they said my car was fixed (which it wasn't), I made them fill it up again!

Old 01-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
You just have to call ahead and say you want to reserve a FX or a G35 or whatever. They usually have a pretty good selection. Some days will be all booked out of loaners - just pick another day.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:31 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At Riverside INFINITI we offer Loaner cars (IF AVAILABLE) if not we offer Hertz as well... We have many Loaner cars but we do run out when lots of cars are in the shop...

We offer loaner cars if more then 2 hours of labor are sold at menu price (For Brake Jobs, Larger Services etc)... Not for Oil Change or basic service... Those generally take an hour or so at MOST...

With Warranty repairs, depending on what is being done, we offer loaner cars / rentals as well...

Feel free to message me about any service needs and I will be more then happy to help you out with an appointment etc!

Old 01-31-2007, 10:33 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's in my contract, I get an Infiniti.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti has no "Infiniti" loaner program?!