The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

So my car got stolen last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr_tots
No one steals a G35 for joy rides, thats what mustangs are for..They go for the easy steal and I would think someone who does steal a G35 is for parts.
No offense, but that is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. My friend had her Volvo T5-R stolen and the police recovered it stuck in the sand dunes. Who would steal a volvo for a joyride? That's what mustangs are for....

Commony a thief will go for the easy steal, but not every thief will. Maybe they really wanted the G35, and wanted to challenge themselves, because it will be a bigger thrill/rush, who knows what they are thinking. They could'e just seen an opportunity and acted on it, without putting further thought into it.

As far as wondering how he knew the thief was drunk... Perhaps there were open containers found in the car, etc.

This forum is supposed to be a place where us fellow G35'ers can come together have fun/chat/comfort/ask questions/etc/etc. Not slam each other for attempting to commit insurance fraud based on pure speculation.

You guys make it sound like it's 100% impossible to steal/start a car with an immobilizer without the key. If that's the case, then all those vendors that sell remote starter kits will shortly go out of business.

Besides, I've heard of people leaving valet keys in the center console, glove box, etc.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
What is with the VIN thing?... are you the same guy that keeps saying you can steal a car from a VIN? If all you need is a VIN why aren’t vehicles being stolen by the thousands in every city every single day? I don’t understand this VIN thing?....
That's because the dealer is supposed to ask you to prove you own the car. Simply showing registration is not enough. This is why cars aren't being stolen every second every day.

However, some are still getting stolen, because:

1.) There exists dealers that fail to validate ownership.
2.) There could've been a crooked employee. For example, on the TV show, "It takes a thief", the burglar was able to get one of the employees to sell-out.
3.) etc, etc.

On a related note, this is precisely why I hate how on many cars you can use the key to arm/disarm the alarm. Even my Pontiac allows you to disable this, so you must use the fob to arm/disarm.... If using the key to manually unlock the door can disarm the alarm, than so can a screwdriver.

Why Infiniti can't do this, is beyond me. (If you can, I must've overlooked it, in which case ignore my rant )

Last edited by avs007; 04-22-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by avs007
No offense, but that is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. My friend had her Volvo T5-R stolen and the police recovered it stuck in the sand dunes. Who would steal a volvo for a joyride? That's what mustangs are for....

Commony a thief will go for the easy steal, but not every thief will. Maybe they really wanted the G35, and wanted to challenge themselves, because it will be a bigger thrill/rush, who knows what they are thinking. They could'e just seen an opportunity and acted on it, without putting further thought into it.

As far as wondering how he knew the thief was drunk... Perhaps there were open containers found in the car, etc.

This forum is supposed to be a place where us fellow G35'ers can come together have fun/chat/comfort/ask questions/etc/etc. Not slam each other for attempting to commit insurance fraud based on pure speculation.

You guys make it sound like it's 100% impossible to steal/start a car with an immobilizer without the key. If that's the case, then all those vendors that sell remote starter kits will shortly go out of business.

Besides, I've heard of people leaving valet keys in the center console, glove box, etc.
Did you read the whole thread?... If you did you'd know why some of us are crying foul.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
It has been 2 weeks since his last post...

Old 04-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there is no way in hell u can make a key with just a VIN...

if u bought ur G brand new. On ur spare key, there is a metal tag with a couple of numbrers... thats the ID tag for the CHIP.. which is not connected with anything the dealer has on the VIN...

and, do you really think the DEALER are that Stupid? To make someone a key, who just shows up a dealer with a paper on his hand conataining a VIN #?

haha. I would like to see the guys who claims you can with a VIN do it...

Prove me wrong. I bet they will ask for some IDs, Registration and all that.

In the end, they will just find out that they are grabbing the VIN theory out of their azz and just basically "read" about it online and took it as FACT.

=================

Back to the thread.. His dumb azz crashed his own car. And tried to scam his insurance company.. Cops fingerprinted the car, and only found his prints on the beer bottle and the steeringwheels, etc...

Cops also found a hand written letter in the car stating that the "theif" was sorry for stealing the car and crashing into a pole. It was signed by Mr. Bigs. To bad the pen the note was written in was still in the car.. And the finger prints on that pen matched the owner of the vehicle.

The owner is now in Jail for trying to scam the insurance company and waisting the cops time.

"He left the car unlocked because he lived in a nice neighborhood".

hahaha. good one.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:39 PM
^^^^DING DING DING!!!!! You win! You hit every point spot on! {and it was creative & funny}

Old 04-22-2007, 08:38 PM
youre right - but when you have a crooked employee...i can't speak ( from experience ) about the G / INFINITY, but i can on other cars.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:13 PM
The Immobilizer can be bypassed...

http://www.neverstolen.com/thecompetition.html

Old 04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by verbal assassin

hahaha. good one.
LoL agreed... even though he left the car unlocked, the g automatically locks its self after 1 min... i wonder if he knew that.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by verbal assassin
there is no way in hell u can make a key with just a VIN...

if u bought ur G brand new. On ur spare key, there is a metal tag with a couple of numbrers... thats the ID tag for the CHIP.. which is not connected with anything the dealer has on the VIN...

and, do you really think the DEALER are that Stupid? To make someone a key, who just shows up a dealer with a paper on his hand conataining a VIN #?

haha. I would like to see the guys who claims you can with a VIN do it...

Prove me wrong. I bet they will ask for some IDs, Registration and all that.

In the end, they will just find out that they are grabbing the VIN theory out of their azz and just basically "read" about it online and took it as FACT.

=================

Back to the thread.. His dumb azz crashed his own car. And tried to scam his insurance company.. Cops fingerprinted the car, and only found his prints on the beer bottle and the steeringwheels, etc...

Cops also found a hand written letter in the car stating that the "theif" was sorry for stealing the car and crashing into a pole. It was signed by Mr. Bigs. To bad the pen the note was written in was still in the car.. And the finger prints on that pen matched the owner of the vehicle.

The owner is now in Jail for trying to scam the insurance company and waisting the cops time.

hahaha. good one.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
postpics

Test TestDEAD

Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by skylar
LoL agreed... even though he left the car unlocked, the g automatically locks its self after 1 min... i wonder if he knew that.

my g doesn't automatically lock after a min.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by chinaman_87
nevermind i take that back... went to play around with it... only happens if u press the unlock button on ur fob & if u dont open ur door within 1 min then it automatically locks up.

Last edited by skylar; 04-24-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by chinaman_87
nor does mine

Old 04-23-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by skylar
nevermind i take that back... went to play around with it... only happens if u press the unlock button on ur car & if u dont open ur door within 1 min then it automatically locks up.
that doesn't happen on mine either...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So my car got stolen last night