The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Roadtrip with your G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gee3point5Mhmm
has anyone been on a roadtrip with their G?
I live in st. louis but want to visit my girl in tx, should i use the G or fly and buy a rental.

which is the cheaper alternative

it seems flying and renting is more expensive than driving there, but im deadly afraid of bug guts on my first love
As you could tell, most or all of our G drivers are in love to drive their car for a roadtrip instead of plane or train...I hope you already know what to do :-) Enjoy!! For me, I am just too tired at work that I barely touch my G this week...

Old 04-26-2007, 12:35 PM
G is a lot of fun on roadtrips, its really nice to just cruize in a car that you enjoy driving so much. The longest trip I took was fron NJ to Alabama, about 950 each way and it was a lot of fun. I guess frequent stops for gas and bathroom kept me from getting a back pain. If you just try to drive straight through with just one or 2 stops you might not like it, but if you stop few time to stretch your bones, get a coffee and stuff, its really not too bad. The best thing is when you sit on the rest area and you look at your car and you enjoy the good times you're having together. I think i love this car too much, btw. my gf was there too and she did complain a little about back pain and stuff

Old 04-26-2007, 02:40 PM
haha.. yeah.. beautiful scenery everywhere and I'm looking at the G.. this is 1/2 way.. I threw my old 17s on just to keep my tirewear down and have a slightly softer ride, which makes my wife alittle happier.

oh.. take a 10mm wrench in case Grubbs forgets to tighten your bumper (headlight housing crack/replacement). That was fun in the parking lot of a hotel.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:10 PM
ahhh, very beautiful picture, i mean the first one with that country side background. The second picture, hmmmm...I would say " hey hon, there is a guy doing something on my car, please lend me your uncle's baseball bat.." j/k :-)

Old 04-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by ndlive
well last summer i drove almost 3000 miles cross country. i might be doing that again this summer, but not decided yet... don't ..........................speeding when cars were passing me left and right... i was so pissed but seeing my car listed as NISSAN SKYLINE on the two tickets was funny

Awesome!!, Maybe i should rebadge my car too! deng!

Old 04-27-2007, 10:19 PM
My wife and I drove from St. Louis to Gulf Shores last November, split the trip via Memphis on the way down but drove straight back, 11 hours splitting driving. Other than the tire noise, the car ran great and was very comfortable. No back problems for either of us, I agree the lumbar can make a difference just changing the seating support after several hours, and I agree people did look at the car when we stopped for breaks and gas. My wife felt safe at the wheel even at 75 MPH+. Car rode better at higher speeds, really felt settled to the road. I'd do it again. And thank God for satellite radio on a trip that long.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:50 PM
I live in st. louis but want to visit my girl in tx, should i use the G or fly and buy a rental.

which is the cheaper alternative

it seems flying and renting is more expensive than driving there, but im deadly afraid of bug guts on my first love
fly..then beat the **** out of that rental

Old 04-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go for it you'll love it... drove from murrieta ca. to detroit michigan this passed year it was a fun round trip.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:58 AM
go for the road trip its something you will never forget especially if you can get some friends with G's to go. i went to Deals Gap with my cousin and 6 other G's and it was AWESOME

Old 04-28-2007, 03:58 AM
ive driven my coupe from northern cali to southern cali its 400 miles one way so 800 totall and man time passes by quick hitting 145 on interstate 5 wow lol and i dunno about everyone else.. the seating was comfortible.. when u get tired just hit cruise control and just relax ur feet turn up the music and look at ppl stare :-)

Old 04-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Is this some girl you met on myspace? man...driving cross country just to meet some girl you met on the internet can be very dangerous...too much for me...have you talked to her on the phone? Cuz sometimes, it could be a guy waiting for you to get there to chop of your weiner....is she over 18? I hope she is, cuz I'd hate to see you on Dateline on NBC walking into an empty kitchen naked with your d*ck hanging out while Chris Hansen awaits you...

UGH...YOU CHILD PREDATOR!!!!

but if you're not, and she's a REAL girlfriend that you've met before, then you're still good in my book...

Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 04-29-2007 at 02:09 AM.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by Flavius
ive driven my coupe from northern cali to southern cali its 400 miles one way so 800 totall and man time passes by quick hitting 145 on interstate 5 wow lol and i dunno about everyone else.. the seating was comfortible.. when u get tired just hit cruise control and just relax ur feet turn up the music and look at ppl stare :-)
werd i drove from sacramento to irvine last tuesday to pick my new IP coupe up and it was a blast. had my buddy drive me down there in his modded VW GTI. driving back was a damn BLAST

although its been said, the seats are a little uncomfortable. but over all i had a fun time. its a GREAT road trip car

Old 04-29-2007, 02:15 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
goin to veGas with the G soon. should be a hell of a fun drive.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:21 PM
when i got my g, i picked it up in philly and drove it back down to daytona beach, about a 900 mile trip. its great to drive in, esp after just doing the same trip in my GF's z3 roadster-not comfy at all. I love the seats in my coupe, supper comfy. As far as bugs, lots and lots of way. Everytime u stop for gas, wipe them off with the windsheld cleaner thing at the gas station. I wanted a clear bra, but i think its too late now. take the G for a ride, its nice to have your wheels with u...meeting up with ur GF in a rental is like renting rims and then entering into a car show....not pimp

Old 04-29-2007, 02:44 PM
florida ft. lauderdale to kansas city, mo....was perfectly fine but then again im young 21 and my dad was with me. dad didnt have probs either and he's old 52

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Roadtrip with your G