The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Roadtrip with your G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
Is this some girl you met on myspace? man...driving cross country just to meet some girl you met on the internet can be very dangerous...too much for me...have you talked to her on the phone? Cuz sometimes, it could be a guy waiting for you to get there to chop of your weiner....is she over 18? I hope she is, cuz I'd hate to see you on Dateline on NBC walking into an empty kitchen naked with your d*ck hanging out while Chris Hansen awaits you...

UGH...YOU CHILD PREDATOR!!!!

but if you're not, and she's a REAL girlfriend that you've met before, then you're still good in my book...

LOL, no mang I met her.. She came to St. Louis on new years to visit her cousins, which were my friends. I liked her cause she was cute, so we started talking and am thinking of going there to visit her

Old 04-30-2007, 10:07 PM
g45
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i want from Tampa, FL to NY . It was great.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by griff87e
when i got my g, i picked it up in philly and drove it back down to daytona beach, about a 900 mile trip. its great to drive in, esp after just doing the same trip in my GF's z3 roadster-not comfy at all. I love the seats in my coupe, supper comfy. As far as bugs, lots and lots of way. Everytime u stop for gas, wipe them off with the windsheld cleaner thing at the gas station. I wanted a clear bra, but i think its too late now. take the G for a ride, its nice to have your wheels with u...meeting up with ur GF in a rental is like renting rims and then entering into a car show....not pimp
I drove rented a car and drove from Charlotte to Daytona Beach to pick up my G where as you went to philly and drove back to Daytona beah, lol.

I should had pick one up in philly too, since even daytona beach people pick up their car somewhere else.

I brought my G at the Daytona Beach Auto Auction, seems like a pretty big auction!

Sooiseng

Old 05-03-2007, 05:13 PM
dont forget the millions of rock chips you will get. the g35 bumpers really suck. they get chipped so easy. my bumper is pretty rough and it only has like 6000 miles. i drive on the highway everyday to school. my old car was a civic and it didnt have as many rock chips as this car and plus it was a lot older with more miles

Old 05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
^ Clear Bra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2007, 01:15 PM
i drove to montreal, canada from NYC round trip 4 times just to meet my gf.
i met her back in shanghai, NOT on the internet
thats 800 mi per round trip
the first time i went there, i didnt know they spoke french in qc and they use french scientific measurements. after you enter canadian border, you can see road signs like 60km=/ 60mi. all the signs are in French!!!! the first french i learned was "sortie" which means exit
the good thing i have a navi in my car and it covers u.s. and canada so i knew where to go!~
car wash is cheap in montreal! its only 10 bucks for hand wash!~ in nyc, its like 30 bucks includes tips!
anyway, it was a fun trip

Old 05-05-2007, 01:17 PM
btw, if you have aftermarket tires and rims, make sure you do the alignment and check the tire pressure before you go on a roadtrip.
my previous tire was completely shot after i drove to montreal, i only had 20k miles on it...

Old 05-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Damon
Question for all of you guys who took long roadtrips in your G.
Did the car still feel "solid" afterwards? Just wondering how bad of a beating the suspension/chassis take and if it would affect driveability?
Before any long road trip, I would check most things around the car, oil, brake and other stuffs. Yes, the car is "solid" for any trip as long you maintance it nicely. The only matter is the longer road trip, the more miles on your car...just like as we getting older, most of us are weak....but not too worry, some redbull energy drinks would do! LOL
However, a nice peaceful road trip with your G, priceless!!!:-)

pd

Old 05-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Road Trip........West Coast Style!

Anyone that lives in Ca. and hasn't driven Hwy 1 all the way to Oregon hasn't
seen the best of what Ca. has to offer. In some regions you jet between
Hwy 1 and 101 and getting thru San Francisco takes some doing. My starting
point is Ventura to Carmel, make sure you fill up on gas before reaching Point
Sur it's always been high probably $6= a gal nowdays. Monterey is a good
spot to spend the night. Then it's off north thru San Francisco to some of
the finest coast line anywhere in the world. A little farther and you're in the
redwoods, some of the largest/oldest trees on our planet. Lots of nice places
to stay and eat all the way to Oregon. Now going home you take Hwy 5 to
just before Sacramento, take Hwy 50 into Lake Tahoe for a few nights of
kick'in back........makes for a great week or so on the road in California. Don't
forget your camera!

Old 06-04-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm gonna be doing SF to Irvine soon. Not looking forward to the rock chips...

Old 06-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
hahaha i ended up renting a car.
Got a pontiac g6, though there was a g35 sedan as an option but it was like 60-70 $ a day.
First off I would say aloooooooooooooooooooot of bugs got kilt. Second had a flat tire with the rental, sucks if i wouldve drove my baby. Third i beat the crap out of that rental lol, sometimes you get road hypnosis and do not realize you're doing 100+ and taking up two lanes lol. (we drove at night to avoid traffic, and i was so psyched i didnt get any sleep the previous day)
Fun trip nonetheless no tickets =P but i dont think ill take my baby out for that long of a trip

Last edited by Gee3point5Mhmm; 06-04-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Santa Barbara, CA to New Orleans, LA!!!

went to mardi gras before katrina hit.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:45 PM
hwa
Comfort-wise, the G is a terrible car for long road trips. Especially if you have more than 2 passengers in the coupe. The addition of the plastic divider in the back seat makes the vehicle a harsh taskmaster...

Old 06-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went from boston to toronto.. it's a NICE drive.. and alot of fun.. especially since you will have your car there.. When I fly somewhere.. I always end up seeing cars or nice areas that I wish I had my car!!

The only downside was my gas money and garage parking was more than buying a plane ticket...

The G coupe was great on the highway.. I wasn't even in boost most of the time.. It was me and my GF at the time.. I did stuff a crap load of tools and stuff in the backseat with our luggage. And I brought a good 6 qt's of oil!

I really want to do one from Boston to Cali next year. We'll see how my summer 07 ends up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Roadtrip with your G