The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

RPM Question on 6mt's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very cool. Thanks for the info. This has always annoyed me, but I just try my best to shift slower.

I'm even more excited about the reflash I had planned in a month or two.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
been driving sticks for 20 years. Got my G 3 months ago and it was like relearning all over again. Well maybe not from scratch but driving a stick is more about feel and instinct than anything else and this car has a very different feel that required a little reflashing of my head. Took a few weeks to get it but all good now.

Now my other car feels wierd.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:06 AM
hey!!

Been drivin for 3 years always drove a stick, and i dont know why u guys say the G's clutch is tricky, when im at WOT i shift around 6500 so by the time you shift u barely dropped a 500-750rpm and the gear just pops right in and out smoothly.. when drivin slow its even easier haha Nothin tricky about those clutch, maybe cuz I drive bigger trucks with trickier transmissions on a daily basis that might help.. I can shift it no clutch without grindin any of these gear ahha its pretty interesting that someone mentioned a reflash? I never thought that it could actually fix the sticky RPM problem, who you guys have more documentation about that??

Old 04-12-2008, 02:04 PM
I can shift smoothly, but it just takes longer due to the delay. I find myself ready to engage the next gear long before the RPMs drop to the level that the new gear should use.
It would be great if a reflash were to change this, meaning that the RPMs were being kept high for an extra length of time but the ECU. However, the more I think about this, the more doubtful I become. Now that I am paying much more attention to this, I have noticed that the amount of "delay" time varies slightly between 5k and 65k RPMs. This could signify that the delay is just due to a very heavy flywheel.
On the other hand, the RPMs should show a parabolic curve between acceleration and deceleration if it were solely based on the momentum of the flywheel. Once again, just my observations, but there seems to be a "flat" section at the top of what should be the parabolic curve. Perhaps this is evidence of ECU manipulation.

More people with experience to corroborate or disprove one theory or another would be great.