The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Am I right to be enraged and if so, what can I do ><

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008 | 08:04 PM
|
Am I right to be enraged and if so, what can I do ><

I sure most of you guys here remember my g getting owned back in February. Well I had it towed to Lia Collision center on 2/26. Since then my car has been sitting in their wrecked cars lot. I know they had gotten all the parts necessary 2 weeks after it got towed there, since thats what they called to update me on at that time. 2 weeks ago I was told that there was going to be 60-80 hours of labor needed for my car to be repaired. Last week, I had called to see what was up and was TOLD that the car was pulled in and there is an expected outdate of 4/18. NOW TODAY I go check on the lot since I had doubts about them actually doing something and SURE enough my car is still in the wrecked area like the very first day it was towed there with no signs of anything be done. OF course having the car with exposed metal sitting outside has caused rusting. I know they will have to change the front fender completely so I am not so concerned about that rust. However, the rear fender by the tire is rusting as well. I am really ticked off that its been 6 weeks and the only thing they've done is let my car rust. The only consolation I have so far from lia collisions is that last week they decided to call me up and let use some pos corolla loaner from the body shop. Am I right to be infuriated here? I really feel that that is completely ridiculous. What would you guys do?

Old 04-11-2008 | 08:06 PM
just a sedan
contact BBB, local news,something that will give them a jolt, also is this through insurance or no

Old 04-11-2008 | 08:11 PM
|
Yes this is through insurance. I dont understand what difference that would make o.o

Old 04-11-2008 | 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by nycdarkness
Yes this is through insurance. I dont understand what difference that would make o.o
because when an insurance claim is involved, then a big company lighting their @ss on fire to start work is moer effective than one person. Has the adjuster already estimated and cut the check to them? If they have, there is no reason they shouldn't have started work. If you want, you can call your adjuster to complain and see what alternatives you have. The bodyshop may be liable for your rust now.....

Old 04-11-2008 | 08:40 PM
|
The estimate, and check were cut out to me within a week of the car being towed to the location ><.

Old 04-11-2008 | 08:44 PM
dude get your INS. CO. involved that is what you pay them for and when they get involved the body shop will get off their a$$ with a quickness...good luck with that keep us posted

Old 04-11-2008 | 08:48 PM
I call the insurance company then the shop and tell them you want it fixed or you will take it somewhere else.

Old 04-11-2008 | 09:52 PM
I deal with a lot of body shops with the business I do. I have never seen a car hang around more than 2 weeks no matter how bad the car is. Even at the slower body shops. The problem is unless your insurance company is paying for a rental car and storage they could care less how long it takes. When they are paying for you to be in a car it cost them money.
Sounds like your best bet is to inform them you will have the car moved to another shop if they don't get it in first thing next week. If they already have the parts I would be willing to bet they don't want to be stuck with them. Seems with body shops you have to be firm. Stand your ground and get the service you deserve.

On another note. When you get the car back go over it with a fine tooth comb. I have had my share of paint work done and there is always something that needs a quick wet sand or polish. A good shop will do a great job 98% of the time but people do miss things from time to time. Make sure the car has been cleaned well to.

Old 04-11-2008 | 10:13 PM
just a sedan
Originally Posted by G Sedan
because when an insurance claim is involved, then a big company lighting their @ss on fire to start work is moer effective than one person. Has the adjuster already estimated and cut the check to them? If they have, there is no reason they shouldn't have started work. If you want, you can call your adjuster to complain and see what alternatives you have. The bodyshop may be liable for your rust now.....
Bingo, plus if they were paid, no work=theft

Old 04-11-2008 | 10:21 PM
is there any way to tell if they took care of the rust and just didnt cover it up?

Old 04-11-2008 | 10:32 PM
|
I don't believe so with the rust, I will go take pictures tomorrow of the rust and contact my adjuster first thing Monday. The worst thing about the whole situation is that this is actually THE DEALER BODY SHOP ><

Last edited by nycdarkness; 04-11-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-11-2008 | 11:23 PM
I would document the rust. Contact the Ins. about it. Claim that the rust is causing more damage (which it probably is). Then FIND A NEW SHOP!!!!!!!! THen tell that shop they suck azz and how your gonna tell everyone you know to never ever go there. Then sneek in one quiet morning and

Old 04-11-2008 | 11:56 PM
If you already have the check, go in there and tell them that unless work starts within 24hrs ur having the car towed somewhere else and then they will be stuck with a few grand of parts for a G35 that they prob wont use for a while. My guess is that they would get to working on it right away

Old 04-12-2008 | 01:05 AM
|
Originally Posted by purplebeast
If you already have the check, go in there and tell them that unless work starts within 24hrs ur having the car towed somewhere else and then they will be stuck with a few grand of parts for a G35 that they prob wont use for a while. My guess is that they would get to working on it right away
I would love to do that, only problem is this is the only place up here that will use oem parts ><

Old 04-12-2008 | 01:29 AM
squeaky wheel gets the oil. If you are passive they have no motivation to get it done. Become enough of a pain in the *** where it makes more sense to them to give you what you want than to put you off. threaten them with your insurance company, the bbb and any other state consumer protection agency you can find

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I right to be enraged and if so, what can I do ><