The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

S2000 -> G35 (performance & insurance ?'s)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
that is crazy! that must be the most rare thing I have seen in a long long long time. I see your over on s2ki as well.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
only to lurk

flame suit on for CR bashing.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:18 PM
only to lurk

flame suit on for CR bashing.
Interesting you bought a CR over the nismo Z

Do you feel that say an 04 G35 with suspension & good sticky tires would be almost as quick as an AP1 s2k with the same mods...(ie: would the G35 benefit more so from coilovers & tires over the already known to be good s2k suspension)

hope that makes sense... just let me know to shut the hell up when you guys are done answering my on and on questions, I just have nothing better to do and enjoy talking cars

Old 05-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I wonder if Shawn Church is taking his S2K to the track day you guys are talking about... if you want to see a haul @ss car - that's the one!

Old 05-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Having had both, I'll say the G37 has a significantly more stiff frame and better handling than the 05/06 G35 coupe (I had one of each). It also has a much smoother engine and more low-end grunt.

A more objective view point -- my brother had an RX-8, which he got rid of because it didn't have enough torque for him. He liked my G35 coupe's torque but thought it had a lot of roll in the corners and was a little sloppy on corner entry. He loved how he could slide the tail on corner exit with so much more torque than his RX-8. After driving the new G37, his comment was that it had even more torque down low, which he loved ("Like my old V8 mustang"). He also liked how it the engine is smoother in the higher revs, more like his RX-8 but with more horsepower. He also said the handling was much improved -- he felt like the G37 had a much more sporty and responsive ride. His conclusion was that the G37 was more like an RX-8 with more power, whereas the G35 coupe was kinda floaty by comparison ("suv").

I say test drive them both -- that's the only way you'll know. Drive your s2k to the dealership and ask to test drive a used g35 coupe, and then ask to test drive a new g37. Then get back in your s2k and drive the same loop. You'll know for sure the pros/cons of each ride then!

Old 05-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by mal_TX
I say test drive them both -- that's the only way you'll know. Drive your s2k to the dealership and ask to test drive a used g35 coupe, and then ask to test drive a new g37. Then get back in your s2k and drive the same loop. You'll know for sure the pros/cons of each ride then!
+1

I'll take you for a ride in a CR too

Old 05-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
I wonder if Shawn Church is taking his S2K to the track day you guys are talking about... if you want to see a haul @ss car - that's the one!
I have seen that car in his shop, that is an amazing machine. 400hp with less than 2000lb.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:50 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
I have seen that car in his shop, that is an amazing machine. 400hp with less than 2000lb.
yeah, he was gonna take it to the Nissan Experience track day (the day Street Legals got rained out) - and let me ride shotgun... he said the G's (gravity not car) it pulls actually fatigue you after a while

Anyway, he didn’t go (and we, including you) wasted our time at the drag strip... I'm hoping his offer to ride in that beast on a track still stands!

Old 05-07-2008, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by mal_TX
Having had both, I'll say the G37 has a significantly more stiff frame and better handling than the 05/06 G35 coupe (I had one of each). It also has a much smoother engine and more low-end grunt.

A more objective view point -- my brother had an RX-8, which he got rid of because it didn't have enough torque for him. He liked my G35 coupe's torque but thought it had a lot of roll in the corners and was a little sloppy on corner entry. He loved how he could slide the tail on corner exit with so much more torque than his RX-8. After driving the new G37, his comment was that it had even more torque down low, which he loved ("Like my old V8 mustang"). He also liked how it the engine is smoother in the higher revs, more like his RX-8 but with more horsepower. He also said the handling was much improved -- he felt like the G37 had a much more sporty and responsive ride. His conclusion was that the G37 was more like an RX-8 with more power, whereas the G35 coupe was kinda floaty by comparison ("suv").

hmmm I see.... the rx8 and s2k are A LOT alike. gokart like feeling--no torque.

Anyway your g35 vs g37 comparison disappoints me -- as I cannot afford a G37

So the chassis seems like it is definitely a different platform...or is it just simple braces & suspension... or is that wishful thinking?

dang I really really like the g35 but all these SUV comments...man... and I should definitely take one out for a test drive... but ultimately I think I may be just picking hairs and would need to take it to the track to really get a feeling...Anyone wanna let me borrow their G35 for a day?

Old 05-07-2008, 01:07 AM
and wow...does anyone have any sites linking to any info of this s2k mentioned? looks like it could be interesting...

Mike, if I took a ride in your CR I think it would be all over and I would have to sell vital organs to purchase one.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by B.Money
and wow...does anyone have any sites linking to any info of this s2k mentioned? looks like it could be interesting...

Mike, if I took a ride in your CR I think it would be all over and I would have to sell vital organs to purchase one.
Just go to his shop... it's usually sitting in the back toward the left....

Old 05-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Just go to his shop... it's usually sitting in the back toward the left....
iv never met the guy... who is he? is he on s2ki? does he live in socal?

Old 05-07-2008, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by B.Money
iv never met the guy... who is he? is he on s2ki? does he live in socal?
he's on S2ki as 'ultimate lurker'

He's on this forum too as "churchautotest"

He is hands down, IMO, the best tuner on the west coast; he is the only person that I will have tune my cars.

He's done two of my cars in the past, and he will be doing any car I get in the near future.

His shop is located in wilmington, ca, right by the port.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:18 AM
i just want to state just for the h*ll of it ive smoked an s2k on the freeway. not one of my smartest moments but it was on newyears night and at first i was speeding to get to me and my wifes dinner res. cuz she could hurry the hell up and get ready on time, but by the time me and the s2k finished we had both pushed it all the way and my 05 sport coupe 6spd beat him every time. but this may not be the thread to talk about this just thought id share.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:53 AM
he's on S2ki as 'ultimate lurker'

He's on this forum too as "churchautotest"

He is hands down, IMO, the best tuner on the west coast; he is the only person that I will have tune my cars.

He's done two of my cars in the past, and he will be doing any car I get in the near future.

His shop is located in wilmington, ca, right by the port.
sweet ill have to check him out, its always good to know some new tuners

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S2000 -> G35 (performance & insurance ?'s)