G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Help me convince my parents to buy a G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Patrick
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
It does snow pretty bad sometimes but I have it figured out. When it snows pretty bad, my Mom could just either go with my Dad into work 1 mile away down a straight road, or drive my car since there is little risk of an accident.

My sister could just drive my Mom's Jeep if she does either of those. I apperciate your help bro.
If it's snowing I would not drive the G down a straight road in my life. I am fu#$%ing scared to drive it at all when it snows, that RWD has alot more power than you think when you try to take off in snow...

Secondly. I am only 19 and have had 3 cars and this is what I did to get my G.

My parents gave me $5,000 towards a car. I picked a Mercedes ML320 SUV ($13,000). I payed the extra money to afford it from my bank account. About a year later I sold it because I did not like it anymore, it had some problems, but it did take some convincing. I just told my parents the whole Gas thing and a bunch of other BS. I was able to sell it for $12,500 after a year and a half of usage..

Then I bought a Lexus IS300 for $17,000 again I paid the difference. I only had it for about a month or two when I totaled it in to a tree. Long story short, it was wet, I downshifted like a dumb *** (it was a stick) around a curve and spun in to the tree (as seen in my avatar).. Well, the insurance company gave me $19,500 for it....

THEN I bought my G, loaded, for $17,000 and kept the rest.

The bad thing about this is that my insurance in around $3,500 a year.

Goodluck!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mpspeer
If it's snowing I would not drive the G down a straight road in my life. I am fu#$%ing scared to drive it at all when it snows, that RWD has alot more power than you think when you try to take off in snow...

Secondly. I am only 19 and have had 3 cars and this is what I did to get my G.

My parents gave me $5,000 towards a car. I picked a Mercedes ML320 SUV ($13,000). I payed the extra money to afford it from my bank account. About a year later I sold it because I did not like it anymore, it had some problems, but it did take some convincing. I just told my parents the whole Gas thing and a bunch of other BS. I was able to sell it for $12,500 after a year and a half of usage..

Then I bought a Lexus IS300 for $17,000 again I paid the difference. I only had it for about a month or two when I totaled it in to a tree. Long story short, it was wet, I downshifted like a dumb *** (it was a stick) around a curve and spun in to the tree (as seen in my avatar).. Well, the insurance company gave me $19,500 for it....

THEN I bought my G, loaded, for $17,000 and kept the rest.

The bad thing about this is that my insurance in around $3,500 a year.

Goodluck!

You are sexy but I am glad you are okay

Old 06-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
LAWL dude i know how the hitting a tree thing goes it sucks so hard.
except i was in an suv and on a golf course at 3 am wasted

Old 06-17-2008, 12:23 AM
And Nick Hogan also hit a tree, with a passenger on the front seat. Nick Hogan is in prison now for 8 months. Teenage drivers hit mostly trees and signs, that's a fact. They tend to loose control because they have no prior experience with other cars to get a feel of how wet roads are and so on. These things happen only once. Just because you haven't crashed before doesn't mean anything. We all make mistakes, young and old, but when you are young the mistakes when driving a fast car are a lot less forgiving.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Patrick
Originally Posted by Tukeeg35
LAWL dude i know how the hitting a tree thing goes it sucks so hard.
except i was in an suv and on a golf course at 3 am wasted
hahaha

Old 06-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by pghG35
i got my G ..3 days b4 my 20th birthday..it was july 31st when i got my used G for $23,500....with 25k miles...i saved up $1500 for a dp...and my parents gave me $1500 so 3k for a dp.......and my mom co signed for me...and they also pay my insurance....i just pay the car note....but i work 6 days a week 9 hours a day...so dont say im spoiled..

u are spoiled...ur parents gave u a dp :P.. i saved 5k for a down cupple months after my 21st bday, and i pay my own note/insurance and maint :P. i did have a co-signer though lol

Old 06-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Anyone at age of 20+ should not even dream about his parents helping him for a car. At age of 19 or younger you should be happy with whatever your parents give you as long as you are driving something.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:10 PM
What's with all the teens lately trying to scrape up for a car they can't afford? I guess it's the need for "baller" status.

To the OP, if you already asking this question on a forum it shows you can't afford to buy the G. If money wasn't the issue, you'd be arleady driving one. Stick with the corolla, it's cheaper in every way you look at it and you won't have to sacrifice your lifestyle.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by gmax35
What's with all the teens lately trying to scrape up for a car they can't afford? I guess it's the need for "baller" status.

To the OP, if you already asking this question on a forum it shows you can't afford to buy the G. If money wasn't the issue, you'd be arleady driving one. Stick with the corolla, it's cheaper in every way you look at it and you won't have to sacrifice your lifestyle.
LOL I'm definitely not a "baller", I hate ricers lol. This car is just my dream car and it seems attainable, but I don't think I'm going to get it. Money isn't an issue, it's convincing my parents to trade in the Corolla since I will be sharing it with my sister.

Money is an issue, if I were to buy my own, and insure it by myself. I think I'm sticking with the Corolla, but if my parents offer me a chance(we are talking about it in a couple days), then I will definitely get it.

Old 06-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by G35er4life
Anyone at age of 20+ should not even dream about his parents helping him for a car. At age of 19 or younger you should be happy with whatever your parents give you as long as you are driving something.

does being a co-signer count as a parents help? :-P

Old 06-18-2008, 01:50 AM
LOL I'm definitely not a "baller", I hate ricers lol. This car is just my dream car and it seems attainable, but I don't think I'm going to get it. Money isn't an issue, it's convincing my parents to trade in the Corolla since I will be sharing it with my sister.

Money is an issue, if I were to buy my own, and insure it by myself. I think I'm sticking with the Corolla, but if my parents offer me a chance(we are talking about it in a couple days), then I will definitely get it.

Your reply shock me. Fair enough. Good luck.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by bobshuai
Your reply shock me. Fair enough. Good luck.
How so?

Old 06-18-2008, 01:02 PM
How so?
by the fact that you gave up convincing your parents. Usually younger kids will do all kind of crazy thing to get what they want.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by bobshuai
by the fact that you gave up convincing your parents. Usually younger kids will do all kind of crazy thing to get what they want.
Yea well I'm not gonna ruin our relationship over a car by running away or something. After we talk about it tomorrow, I won't be trying any further. Besides the occasional hint before my birthday, christmas, etc.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Yea well I'm not gonna ruin our relationship over a car by running away or something. After we talk about it tomorrow, I won't be trying any further. Besides the occasional hint before my birthday, christmas, etc.
haha good one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me convince my parents to buy a G35