The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Help me convince my parents to buy a G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok these are all in penn.. wasnt sure where you live in penn, so i did my search from bloomsburg.. cause its pretty much in the center of penn.. all cars i display are 6MT and are 300 miles or closer to bloomsburg..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=50&make=INFIN

select "list car from lowest to highest".. i like the first car..under 17 grand (barely) and it has full tint and spoiler and decent mileage.. the first four cars are premium listings.. so dont think the prices are going up that fast.. on the fifth car you will reach the featured listings.. these generally will have a LOT bigger range and better prices.. now those are just the 6MT... the automatic G35's will have a search range with 3-4 times as many cars..

Old 06-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidd1077
ok these are all in penn.. wasnt sure where you live in penn, so i did my search from bloomsburg.. cause its pretty much in the center of penn.. all cars i display are 6MT and are 300 miles or closer to bloomsburg..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=50&make=INFIN

select "list car from lowest to highest".. i like the first car..under 17 grand (barely) and it has full tint and spoiler and decent mileage.. the first four cars are premium listings.. so dont think the prices are going up that fast.. on the fifth car you will reach the featured listings.. these generally will have a LOT bigger range and better prices.. now those are just the 6MT... the automatic G35's will have a search range with 3-4 times as many cars..
Thanks bro, I apperciate it but for some reason I don't like the sedan. It seems that the apperance of the car that I like so much is gone in the sedan it's still a great car, but I really want the coupe for some reason.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
Thanks bro, I apperciate it but for some reason I don't like the sedan. It seems that the apperance of the car that I like so much is gone in the sedan it's still a great car, but I really want the coupe for some reason.
Well sedans are pretty sexy if you do them up right. I will admit, I HATE the look of a stock base sedan(03-04). But thats nothing a drop, wheels, nismo kit, tint, and spoiler can't take care of. Sedans are lighter too! Search for ttrank or any of those guys(You dont have to drop that much money into it as they did.)

The reason I want a coupe is:
Better seats
Exhaust
looks
2 door since I am young(But dont really mind a 4 door)
Some other things but I forget, LONG day.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Corolla ftw

IMHO, the Corolla is absolutely the best bet. When I was your age (not very long ago) I drove a '94 N/A eclipse with a ricer exhaust and one headlight out. Be careful not to the take the generosity of your parents for granted.

Now I'm 22 and just graduated from college. I just bought an '04 IP G35x for $18.5k. Trust me it's not worth it to add on extra expenses while in school. I thought I'd be such a baller when I graduated (I'm making $60k+) but after car payments, insurance, phone bill, rent, credit card, student loans I'm not poor by any means, but not exactly where I thought I'd be. The people here with sincere advice are right, it's not worth it at your age. Trust me, while you're in school money will be tight whether you're working or not, and you're gonna want that extra cash ($150/ month or whatever you said it was) to party and just be able to live without worrying about cash monayyy.

I know how you feel though. I've wanted this car forever and it was AWFUL waiting this long. But knowing I bought it on my own and have the means to pay for every part of it is absolutely worth it.

Good luck and sorry for the long post.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:58 PM
i haven't perused the rest of this thread, but if it's anything like the first page, i don't want to. this kid is asking for advice on how to convince his parents to let him buy a car. don't give him your opinion, give him facts or nothing at all.

FWIW, my parents gave me a hybrid Honda Civic that they didn't use anymore. i'm 6'6, and the honda was uncomfortable, slow, and not fun to drive. as soon as i had the money to fund the difference, i traded it in for the G. was it economical? DEFINITLY NOT. do i regret it? same answer. i offered the honda back to them and they said that they gave it to me and it was mine to do with as i please. i really hate it that people come and have a good attitude and want to join a community and people give them **** for it.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by snotf
i haven't perused the rest of this thread, but if it's anything like the first page, i don't want to. this kid is asking for advice on how to convince his parents to let him buy a car. don't give him your opinion, give him facts or nothing at all.

FWIW, my parents gave me a hybrid Honda Civic that they didn't use anymore. i'm 6'6, and the honda was uncomfortable, slow, and not fun to drive. as soon as i had the money to fund the difference, i traded it in for the G. was it economical? DEFINITLY NOT. do i regret it? same answer. i offered the honda back to them and they said that they gave it to me and it was mine to do with as i please. i really hate it that people come and have a good attitude and want to join a community and people give them **** for it.
Yea bro, I decided **** it. Most of the people in the thread are right, it is a bad decision on my part. You only live once, it won't kill me, and ill keep this car forever. I have enough money to do it, and enough self reason not to spend money where it isn't nessacry. I really apperciate everyone's opinions, but I'm handicapped slighty and I have always overcome the odds my whole life. This isn't any different.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Corolla? Damn, I feel for you man.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by IVRY PRL
+A lot.
It doesn't matter that you're paying them the difference, the only way you have a right to it, is if they take back the Corolla, and you pay for the G from scratch. And quite frankly, you should keep the Corolla. You don't know how expensive these cars are to own and maintain until you've actually owned one. If you're a student, you DEFINITELY can't afford it.
im a college student and i can afford the 600 a month for the car and insurance

Old 06-12-2008, 11:42 AM
dawg why do you have a account on this site if you dont even have a g35

Old 06-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by midnitracer
dawg why do you have a account on this site if you dont even have a g35
wow.... maybe cause he wants a G35 and he needs help convincing his parents to get him one.. maybe you shoud consider reading the title????

I think he is very smart for doing research on a car before he considers buying it.. im sure he found out alot about the G35 on this website that he didnt know before..

Old 06-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LMAO... you can afford it... just watch out for gas prices taking a bite out of your ***...

Old 06-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by shabarivas
LMAO... you can afford it... just watch out for gas prices taking a bite out of your ***...
Ha this thread has been 6 pages of people telling me not to buy it, and now it's turning into people telling me I can afford it lol.

What effect does using normal gas on the engine have besides slightly less power?

Old 06-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
Ha this thread has been 6 pages of people telling me not to buy it, and now it's turning into people telling me I can afford it lol.

What effect does using normal gas on the engine have besides slightly less power?

knocking and if u can't even afford the gas why buy the car? lol

Last edited by Blackggg35; 06-13-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by shabarivas
hasn't broken me yet, but i have a job and i go to college so there's the difference =)

Old 06-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Blackggg35
knocking and if u can't even afford the gas why buy the car? lol
It's not me, it's my sister I'm worried about. When I'm not around and she's driving the car, I don't want her destroying it because she wanted to save 2 dollars on gas.

I kinda wish I didn't have to pay for it at all, my parents just spent $115,000 on a timeshare in the Virgin Islands

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me convince my parents to buy a G35