The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Help me convince my parents to buy a G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidd1077
omg steve blake... why would you say that... listen man your lucky as anything to have an 08 corolla. its a good car.. will last a long time... and the resale value shouldnt been bad at all i dont think.. you do realize that a person who owns a car is a MINORITY in this world... theres millions of people out there who dont have money to eat or for shelter... a car is the last thing on there mind.. and you didnt just get any car!!! you got a brand new toyota!
i know its not the nicest, or coolest, or fastest... but its still a great car..

think of the thousands of teens in america that dont have a car.. if you told them they were getting an 08 toyota corolla they would probably start crying in joy.. and thats america... AMERICA.

i hope this makes sense.. and i hope nothing i said is inaccurate.. LOL. its just how i feel
Thats because they dont work for it. . You can have anything you want, just depends on how bad you want it.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
omg steve blake... why would you say that... listen man your lucky as anything to have an 08 corolla. its a good car.. will last a long time... and the resale value shouldnt been bad at all i dont think.. you do realize that a person who owns a car is a MINORITY in this world... theres millions of people out there who dont have money to eat or for shelter... a car is the last thing on there mind.. and you didnt just get any car!!! you got a brand new toyota!
i know its not the nicest, or coolest, or fastest... but its still a great car..

think of the thousands of teens in america that dont have a car.. if you told them they were getting an 08 toyota corolla they would probably start crying in joy.. and thats america... AMERICA.

i hope this makes sense.. and i hope nothing i said is inaccurate.. LOL. its just how i feel
Dude my friend that lives next door is 18 and doesn't have a car and he said he would rather ride a bicycle than drive that corolla. For $17,000 they could have gotten him something so much less GAY or they could have spent that money for a new engine to put in his jeep and saved about 10 grand. It has nothing to do with starving people, it has to do with spending your money wisely and worth while, like i said i would rather drive an 80's beater car over that thing.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:45 PM
ok well what he has... is what he has.. i just dont think its very nice to tell someone how "gay" their car his... if drove that you wouldnt want people to tell you that.. i mean come one.. its what his parents bought him.. you know theres that saying "if you dont have anything nice to say, than dont say anything at all"... i just think you should try to be a little nicer..

Old 06-07-2008, 06:24 PM
The worst part about this scenario for me is the whole thing about your sister driving it to HIGH SCHOOL while you are off at college. I don't know why you'd want a beat up, trashed out, keyed, curbed, 2005 G35 riding on $100 tires, possibly accident repaired/repainted... 3-4 years from now when you return from college?

You sound like a bright guy who can probably afford to buy a 2010 G37 or something when you finish school and not break a sweat on the payments.

It makes a lot more sense to me to keep the Corolla for now and trade it on your new car when you are ready to actually enjoy it, rather than trading now for an old car only to have it be even older and f-ed up when you get around to trying to enjoy it.

Maybe put some nicer rims on your corolla just so you don't drive around embarassed ALL the time but seriously I'd limit your damages for now.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by mal_TX
The worst part about this scenario for me is the whole thing about your sister driving it to HIGH SCHOOL while you are off at college. I don't know why you'd want a beat up, trashed out, keyed, curbed, 2005 G35 riding on $100 tires, possibly accident repaired/repainted... 3-4 years from now when you return from college?

You sound like a bright guy who can probably afford to buy a 2010 G37 or something when you finish school and not break a sweat on the payments.

It makes a lot more sense to me to keep the Corolla for now and trade it on your new car when you are ready to actually enjoy it, rather than trading now for an old car only to have it be even older and f-ed up when you get around to trying to enjoy it.

Maybe put some nicer rims on your corolla just so you don't drive around embarassed ALL the time but seriously I'd limit your damages for now.
My sister would not drive it fast, our parking lot means no tire scratches. If she crashes it or gets it keyed, shes paying for it. I can't put rims on the corolla, it has the plastic clip on ones with the ****ty thing behind it.

After high school, finding a house and job, then getting a better offer for a job and relocation, it seems like too much to buy it then.

The car is not that old, 25,000 miles, used for the owner for light highway commute. It is AT however, and I drove a MT for the first time tonight and fell in love with it

Old 06-07-2008, 11:21 PM
ok well what he has... is what he has.. i just dont think its very nice to tell someone how "gay" their car his... if drove that you wouldnt want people to tell you that.. i mean come one.. its what his parents bought him.. you know theres that saying "if you dont have anything nice to say, than dont say anything at all"... i just think you should try to be a little nicer..
I apperciate the concern, but even I know the car is flaming. With old flaming grandparents driving every single other one I see.

My friend just bought a used Jetta VR6 for 7,000 dollars, would take that anyday.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He is a crazy moron.... no corolla gives 25 mpg... he is probably doing closer to 32 or more... unless he floors it too much

Old 06-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by princealyy
He is a crazy moron.... no corolla gives 25 mpg... he is probably doing closer to 32 or more... unless he floors it too much
I'm not a moron you ****ing retard. I don't floor it all the time, sometimes but I do have a heavy foot, and drive over 50 a lot where mpg exponenitally decreases.

Since my car is so good on gas, I usually drive pretty hard, I make sure I am safe though.

You could get out and push your car faster than mine if I didn't press the pedal hard.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
I'm not a moron you ****ing retard. I don't floor it all the time, sometimes but I do have a heavy foot, and drive over 50 a lot where mpg exponenitally decreases.

Since my car is so good on gas, I usually drive pretty hard, I make sure I am safe though.

You could get out and push your car faster than mine if I didn't press the pedal hard.
Here is the flaw in your reasoning for gas mileage....

If you are driving a corolla and getting 25 mpg, i am will to guarentee that you will get closer to 14 - 15 from a G... it doesnt matter that it has more power, it is the way you drive.

I drove a 4 cyl accord and could get 25 if i drove the CRAP out of it, and closer to 34 on the highway ... coasting at 70... if you are going 50 on a corolla and you are just cruising, i promise you, you will clear over 30 mpgs.

I am not trying to be an ahole, and should not have called you a moron, that was immature, but i am sure that everyone on this forum will agree with me that you are being VERY immature, and might want to grow up to get a new car...

Besides when you go off to college in a few months you would not be able to drive the car... the money saved could be used for better things (getting girls)....

Just an opinion ...

But if you really look around, you will see that most of us do not think this is a good idea for you to get a G... you NEED to grow up, and when you are out of school (assuming you save all the money you saved by driving a corolla) you will be able to afford a nicer G.

Good luck with whatever you decide, no one here is hating on you, just the immaturity you are displaying on the forum.

Once again, i apologize for calling you a moron, but i am sure most people will agree with what i just said.

Last edited by princealyy; 06-08-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Here is the flaw in your reasoning for gas mileage....

If you are driving a corolla and getting 25 mpg, i am will to guarentee that you will get closer to 14 - 15 from a G... it doesnt matter that it has more power, it is the way you drive.

I drove a 4 cyl accord and could get 25 if i drove the CRAP out of it, and closer to 34 on the highway ... coasting at 70... if you are going 50 on a corolla and you are just cruising, i promise you, you will clear over 30 mpgs.

I am not trying to be an ahole, and should not have called you a moron, that was immature, but i am sure that everyone on this forum will agree with me that you are being VERY immature, and might want to grow up to get a new car...

Besides when you go off to college in a few months you would not be able to drive the car... the money saved could be used for better things (getting girls)....

Just an opinion ...

But if you really look around, you will see that most of us do not think this is a good idea for you to get a G... you NEED to grow up, and when you are out of school (assuming you save all the money you saved by driving a corolla) you will be able to afford a nicer G.

Good luck with whatever you decide, no one here is hating on you, just the immaturity you are displaying on the forum.

Once again, i apologize for calling you a moron, but i am sure most people will agree with what i just said.
1.Why does he NEED to grow up to drive a G??
2.And that "girl money" will be useless while driving a corolla, because when they see it they will be like "i gotta go"

Old 06-08-2008, 12:57 AM
but i am sure that everyone on this forum will agree with me that you are being VERY immature, and might want to grow up to get a new car

I was not being immature at all until you called me a moron, and apology accepted. I get fired up when people call me something insulting. I'm sorry for calling you the names too.

If you read the thread, I already decided on accepting the fact that I will probably not be getting a G, and showing my parents I can apperciate my Corolla.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by SteveBlake
1.Why does he NEED to grow up to drive a G??
2.And that "girl money" will be useless while driving a corolla, because when they see it they will be like "i gotta go"
Thanks bro, you've had my back the whole time in this thread, it's nice to have someone like that I don't think I need to grow up to get a G, I just need to be more finacially secure.
2. I don't need girl money. I'm fine with the ladies currently, and I don't really plan on any gf's in college until at least end of sophmore, beginning of junior year, in which the car will already be paid off.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
My sister would not drive it fast, our parking lot means no tire scratches. If she crashes it or gets it keyed, shes paying for it. I can't put rims on the corolla, it has the plastic clip on ones with the ****ty thing behind it.

After high school, finding a house and job, then getting a better offer for a job and relocation, it seems like too much to buy it then.

The car is not that old, 25,000 miles, used for the owner for light highway commute. It is AT however, and I drove a MT for the first time tonight and fell in love with it
I bet you $50 internet dollars that your sister f*cks up your car.

That said... why can't you put rims on your corolla? just because it has steel wheels w/ covers doesn't mean you can't put real wheels on it.......

OK buy this g35 now, let your sister f* it up and let it get older and more dated while you go to college, then trade it on whatever is hot and cool at the time. I just don't see all that much difference between that and just keeping the corolla. Yeah obviously the G is a cool car and the corolla is totally lame but you're not going to be driving all that much from the sound of it.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:01 AM
Dude keeping the corolla is smart, Im 22 and had my 1999 corolla for 6 YEARS!!! Yeah it ain't a sexy car but my insurance is dirt cheap and i save so much on gas. I'm graduating in a month and have a great job so I will be buying a brand new G to celebrate. It sounds like you're just coming outta high school so i know how you feel cuz I've been there. But trust me, think further ahead and realize that having a brand new corolla rite now is way better than having a 3 year old car. When you graduate, trade the corolla in and get the car of your dreams with your own money, nothing will be sweeter

Old 06-08-2008, 12:24 PM
actually im gunna go back to mine and beebo's opinions.. get a sedan.. i got my '04 diamond graphite sedan for freakin 17 grand... and it only has 32k miles on.. i bought it at a wholesale who bought it from some infiniti dealership after a BUSINESS mans lease ran out.. so it was owned by a business man meaning it was takin well care of, and it only has 32k miles on it... it also has window tint (i think its 25%.. it was already on the car so im not sure.. its dark dark dark though) and it has the spoiler.. i wouldnt buy a sedan w/o the spoiler.. i for some reason think the whole appearance of the sedan changes when you add the spoiler.. i know you want the coupe, but get a 6MT sedan with a spoiler on the back.... and you WONT be disappointed.. it will be night and day from the corolla..

you say your corolla was 18 grand and im telling you my 32k mile G35 was 17k............................................... ............................. I hope this switches on that light bulb up in that brain of yours..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me convince my parents to buy a G35