The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
07'-08' G35 Sedan 6mt (HR)
53.51%
06'-07' G35 Coupe 6mt (Rev-Up)
46.49%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

07-08 Sedan Sport or 06-07 Coupe?...(6mt)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^we all are g35 enthusiasts, we shouldn't judge the sedan as a different car just cuz it looks different and has different options.
We are a g35 family, not self hating g35 family
dont get me wrong, i love the coupes but i love my sedan and i'll stand up for the sedan community

Last edited by G35Robby; 10-24-2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow I could not be in a better position to respond to this!

I have a 2006 G35 coupe 6MT and it's in the shop getting a new TPMS sensor and I have a 2008 G35 sedan as my loaner. It flat out depends what you want from a car. The coupe feels SPORTY, it feels like Infiniti's car to compete with the M3 in my opinion, the G35 sedan doesn't handle anywhere NEAR as good as the coupe. I almost flipped the damn thing this morning on my way to work because it really is like night and day. The coupe is very stiff, feels like a sports car, gears shift crisply, has a very aggressive stance (especially with spacers), and it just looks MEAN on the road.

The sedan drives soft, shifts like a Lexus, has more creature comforts like navigation (at least my loaner does), and push button start, etc. The headlights on the sedan are of course the new body style so they do look good. But overall, I would take the coupe every single day of the week over the sedan. The sedan does feel torquey as hell with the HR motor, and I am pissed this '08 sedan has a 7.5K redline and my '06 coupe has a 7K redline, but oh well, lol.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by M.J.H.
Wow I could not be in a better position to respond to this!

I have a 2006 G35 coupe 6MT and it's in the shop getting a new TPMS sensor and I have a 2008 G35 sedan as my loaner. It flat out depends what you want from a car. The coupe feels SPORTY, it feels like Infiniti's car to compete with the M3 in my opinion, the G35 sedan doesn't handle anywhere NEAR as good as the coupe. I almost flipped the damn thing this morning on my way to work because it really is like night and day. The coupe is very stiff, feels like a sports car, gears shift crisply, has a very aggressive stance (especially with spacers), and it just looks MEAN on the road.

The sedan drives soft, shifts like a Lexus, has more creature comforts like navigation (at least my loaner does), and push button start, etc. The headlights on the sedan are of course the new body style so they do look good. But overall, I would take the coupe every single day of the week over the sedan. The sedan does feel torquey as hell with the HR motor, and I am pissed this '08 sedan has a 7.5K redline and my '06 coupe has a 7K redline, but oh well, lol.
I get where you're coming from. My friend actually had a 05 coupe with sport suspension and now is driving a G35X. Handling is very different and the sedan is not close to how stiff the coupe use to be.

The difference here is that the 07+ Sport Sedans are actually much stiffer than the base/premium/X model's, I think it was like 40% stiffer.

That's a major difference. I have some time to choose but I would like to know exactly what I'm getting. I would go with the G37 but being a full time student and working part time it is out of my budget. I doubt I'll find one next year near $25k.

Has anyone directly compared the new Sport Sedan with the 05-07 G35 Coupes with the sport/suspension package?

Oil consumption is bothering me too. Those new 350z's with the HR's are quick so I know the Sedan has some serious power...

Keep the input coming. Much appreciated.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:07 PM
^ya i've driven a coupe too and the handling is much better. But i dont know about flipping my car though, i've taken turns at 60 and the car just took it lol
Bu thr coupe does have better handling for stock vs. stock
but all that could be changed
ever since i got my Technosquare ECU my car has ***** lol
it redlines at 8000, which is pretty scary and its just a beast.
i just gotta make the ride feel more sporty, jjust waiting for a nice set a coilovers to come out

Old 10-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is my "unbiased" opinion...sedans FTW !!! I have driven both '06 coupe and obviously I have an '07 sedan and I feel the sedan outperforms the coupe acceleration wise, as Mike@Riverside said that the VDC is far superior on the sedan and the coupe, and finally interior definitely looks way better on the sedan.
Also, with most dealers trying to unload there '08 sedans at bargain prices and 0.9% APR, again, I would go w/ the sedan.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
I drove a Coupe once, it was very nice.

Butttttt. Oil consumpton issues, an awesome interior, and still a pretty good looking exterior swing my vote to the sedan.

I mean, CHECK THIS OUT!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I drove a Coupe once, it was very nice.

Butttttt. Oil consumpton issues, an awesome interior, and still a pretty good looking exterior swing my vote to the sedan.

Yeah, trust me I've looked through almost every single sedan. That was definitely one of the nice ones. I do believe that Infiniti definitely made the new sedan more appealing than the old one. I just think the old coupe still looks better than the new sedan. The interior is definitely a plus and the oil consumption issue being resolved in the sedan definitely gets my attention.

Let's see if we can get up to 100 votes on this issue.
Can't wait to be finally be my own infiniti.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:35 AM
am i the only person who knows that the 1st gen sedan has less body roll than the 1st gen coupe. not from driving, but from researching it somewhere. i cannot say which feels like it handles better i just know which has a stifferbody. and i had an 06 sport sedan before, have an 08 sport sedan now, the new gen is def stiffer. the only thing i might give to the coupe is chick-magneticity and looks.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Moderation-free
I actually made this decision when I bought mine - test drove an '06 coupe and an '07 sedan. Bought the sedan at the time (Nov. '06) because:
  1. HR is a stronger engine
  2. Interior and gadgets in the sedan are better

Other than that it was very close, thoroughly enjoyed driving the coupe. I'd say the coupe handles a tad better based on the test drive, but there isn't much difference. There is, however, a significant difference in acceleration.

Good luck either way!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just curious, why did they make the sedan faster? thought most manufactures used coupes as their go fast sport models...

Old 10-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fluffy
just curious, why did they make the sedan faster? thought most manufactures used coupes as their go fast sport models...
If I am not mistaken, while/ after the '07 coupes came out, Infiniti was nearing the end of designing the G37 coupe which has a bigger engine....
Although the G37 has a bigger engine, I had heard the weight of the G37 keeps it toe to toe w/ the V36 Journey/Sport sedans.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by G35xQX1
If I am not mistaken, while/ after the '07 coupes came out, Infiniti was nearing the end of designing the G37 coupe which has a bigger engine....
Although the G37 has a bigger engine, I had heard the weight of the G37 keeps it toe to toe w/ the V36 Journey/Sport sedans.
Yeah, the G35 journey/sport sedan will keep up with the g37. The AWD version will have a little trouble due to it being 200lbs over.

I was first leaning towards the coupe but now that I think about it I'm looking at the sedan. We'll see how much the g37 will depreciate within a few months.

Last edited by OMG35S; 02-18-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by g35sedan5at
am i the only person who knows that the 1st gen sedan has less body roll than the 1st gen coupe. not from driving, but from researching it somewhere. i cannot say which feels like it handles better i just know which has a stifferbody. and i had an 06 sport sedan before, have an 08 sport sedan now, the new gen is def stiffer. the only thing i might give to the coupe is chick-magneticity and looks.
Show me where you got this info. The 1st gen sedans have softer springrates and longer length, less aggressively valved shocks, weaker swaybars, and narrower stance than a coupe. Even if somehow the body was stiffer(which likely isn't the case since the coupe is heavier), the other suspension factors would likely play more of a role in the body roll.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
The sedan has always been faster than the coupe not only because the motor is bigger. Look at the body size of the body and weight. The sedan is lighter about 2 3 hundred pounds.
The coupe still has all these nice body kits and stuff. Just wait till body kits come out for ours, full body kits. It's goin to be SEX lol

Last edited by G35Robby; 10-24-2008 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
The new Sedans are sweet! But I don't see myself getting a sedan for a very long time.

I envy the V36's interior & engine. But other than that, the V35 Coupe satisfies all my needs.

I wouldn't mind driving a V36 sedan if I needed the extra room & extra doors.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07-08 Sedan Sport or 06-07 Coupe?...(6mt)