G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

5 series bmw vs g35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by athens
(Reply)
That's why I qualify it with "from Consumer Reports, FWIW". Posts like yours do a better job of filling in details on things that don't show up easily with numbers. Luxury is a big example. And I would assume that's a big part of selecting a luxury car.

The point about ride comfort & handling was that, yeah you could boost the handling in the BMW with stiffer stuff, but the same in could be done on the G35 with the same ride comfort in the end. Apples to apples the G35 seems ahead on grip (though worse on emergency handling; it's "tricky" when you lose traction according to CR).

Anyway I just wanted to bring in what CR had to say. I can't say anything myself.

Last edited by ericgrau; 01-04-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Well... I have an 03 G35 Coupe.... I had it since 07, I recently started looking at other cars, but that was only because the snow was bad.... after the snow left I found out I still love the G35 Coupe. Its what I like so Im keeping it... unless something new faster & looks better comes along for the same price or less....

Old 01-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Keep the G. Buy the BMW. Sell the BMW. Have an extra $15k-$20K in your pocket. (if you have to finance the BMW do it. Doesnt matter what rate you get, ur gna pay it off wen u sell the Bimmer n e ways.)

Old 01-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Sell the G and get the BMW. If I had to choose one car to drive between the G and the 535, I'd choose the 535 any day, as they don't even compare. After you get it, get some Vishnu tuning software and have yourself a 380hp daily driver.

And by the way: Taking the car from your aunt, then selling it, is just like letting her flush 20k down the drain. I think your aunt is trying to do you a favor, not sell you a 40k car for half price, then have you sell it right away. If you don't want the car, just tell her that.

Last edited by thatoneguy; 01-05-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:34 AM
to many problems with those beemers is it worth it... i was thinkin of getting a 5 before my g... i made a good choice

Old 01-17-2009, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by lookthatsme
I would not even think twice about the BMW. I love my coupe wouldn't trade it for any car besides GTR, Ferrari, etc. My cousin is a mechanic at BMW and just the stories i hear from him i would never buy one. Their nice car dont get me wrong and the technology is great, but thats their problem to much technology and it breaks

Yep exactly what i just said... nice cars but they Suckkk... too much computerized crap and it breaks... its horrible.. u just pay for the name... so glad i didnt go with the 5.. who know what i would of went through

Old 01-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by daman513
Yep exactly what i just said... nice cars but they Suckkk... too much computerized crap and it breaks... its horrible.. u just pay for the name... so glad i didnt go with the 5.. who know what i would of went through
You don't pay just for the name, you realistically pay for one of the greatest driving machines in the world. Even a base 3 series puts the G35 line up to shame in terms of handling and refinement. Every publication to ever review the two says that the BMW is the clear winner, and that Infinity needs to tune the handling of the vehicle...and every new revision that Infinity does all they do is add more power, because they know that is what is easy to advertise and that is what will sell cars to the general public in the U.S. I've had my BMW for 2 year s and I've never had any problems with it, and the maintenance is about the same as for the G35. If you don't believe me what a difference in engineering there is, go look at the welds on the rear sub frame of our cars, and go take a peek under any BMW. Ours look like they were welded by a one armed, 3 fingered, blind man.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:49 PM
lol whatever you do don't get the BMW and sell it a couple months later. that'd be a slap in the face to yur aunt, haha you'd be such a ***** if you did that. It's quite a deal though, chances are you may be ready for a change in a year. I know I'm ready for a change now to the 370z!