The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I finally had a couple of hours to spend on the car this morning. As most of you have probably noticed I haven't had many updates recently. Between family stuff on the weekends and being busy at work I haven't had any time to spend on the car. This morning I got up early and headed over to my friends house. We did my SS brake lines front and rear along with my Fast Intention HFC's. I'm really happy with the HFC's. They make the exhaust deeper, but not much louder which I'm very happy about. While I was at it I also raised the suspension a little bit since I was having problems bottoming out on just about everything. I didn't raise it much. Only about 1/4" in the rear and about 1/2" in the front. Hopefully that will help with my problem. Here are some pics from today.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:59 PM
when are u guna throw the projectors on ?!

Old 07-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by markitos1177
when are u guna throw the projectors on ?!
Maybe tonight.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is there any real need to wrap the cats?

Old 07-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Talking more mods for mike

hey, nice job and nice pics,
the most important mod for me with your car would've been the spoiler - i have an 05 at athens blue and i put an 07 rear spoiler on and it is awesome,
if you wonder how to get the holes drilled and fit go i can post some pic - if done right then it looks clean and even when the trunk is up - no one can tell

Last edited by infinitisport; 07-12-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Talking

oh by the way mike,
not only we got the same car, but the same wheels, volk 19 inch, they are light and sporty, you got awesome taste buddy, jut the spoiler is where we differ - also, i did not upgrade my hid to 06 or 07, simply cause everybody else even hyundai has projector now so i didn't care for the new look,
keep them coming man,

Old 07-12-2009, 08:16 PM
wish i was still living in connecticut, i would just ride south and take a look at your car on my kawisaki vulcan 900 custom and let you give me some tip on moding my vulcan

Old 07-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
is there any real need to wrap the cats?
It cuts down on the heat big time and in theory should make the engine run cooler. I know my friend wrapped his headers and his Miata runs 40° cooler now.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Well I got some more motivation tonight and installed my projector headlights and my HID fog lights. I didn't start until almost 8:00 so I was trying to hurry up before it got dark. The whole process took me just about an hour start to finish. Sorry for the crappy pics, but it was dark by the time I finished. I'll try to get some better pics in the sun tomorrow. I really like how the led's look, but even better is how the painted lights look against the red paint. I can't wait to see them in the sun.

I also installed my clear corners since I had it all apart. I like the way they look when the lights are off, but I don't like the look of the yellow bulb when they're on. I'll have to find some hyper white led's for them and swap them out.

My HID wires coming out of teh headlight with strip caulk sealing up the hole I made.

With just the parking lights on

Old 07-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CRAZY!

I love it. What is next?

Old 07-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Well I still have to roll my fenders so I can get the Volks on, so I may do that next weekend. Then I still have to finish making all of the cosmetic panels in the trunk to make that look all nice, but the summer is tough for me. My wife always has something for us to do on the weekends and I usually like to take one of the days to ride my MC, so it doesn't leave much time for working on the car.

I also may still end up doing some kind of body kit, but I'm trying to stay away from that for a while because I know that will turn into an expensive ordeal. I can see the entire car getting repainted and the roof done in black. I bet I would be 5k deep into it and I don't want to spend that kind of money right now.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Vrod-Mike
It cuts down on the heat big time and in theory should make the engine run cooler. I know my friend wrapped his headers and his Miata runs 40° cooler now.
Headers I could see since they are directly attached to the block and in the engine bay itself.

Cats are neither and from what I have read wrapping them cuts their life expectancy significantly and for some manufactuers will void the warranty.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:20 PM
I have many friends that have done it with good results and I've also seen people on here do it as well. Since these are already highflow I can't see how wrapping them would cause any harm. I guess only time will tell.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:35 PM
I have many friends that have done it with good results and I've also seen people on here do it as well. Since these are already highflow I can't see how wrapping them would cause any harm. I guess only time will tell.
cats get hot. wrapping them traps in the heat and makes them get hotter and retain that heat longer. On a previous car i had one do an internal meltdown and the result was not high flow but no flow. The catalyst melted into a solid mass and blocked the exhaust.

Just my opinion but wrapping or ceramic coating headers is good. The same does not apply to cats. They need to dissipate heat as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Well I still have to roll my fenders so I can get the Volks on, so I may do that next weekend. Then I still have to finish making all of the cosmetic panels in the trunk to make that look all nice, but the summer is tough for me. My wife always has something for us to do on the weekends and I usually like to take one of the days to ride my MC, so it doesn't leave much time for working on the car.

I also may still end up doing some kind of body kit, but I'm trying to stay away from that for a while because I know that will turn into an expensive ordeal. I can see the entire car getting repainted and the roof done in black. I bet I would be 5k deep into it and I don't want to spend that kind of money right now.
if you get like an 07 rear spoiler, put it on, your car would look cool and you could have saved tons of cash - enough so that you could've bought a bmw 335i right now which would smoke an 05 g

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!