The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Seats look sick

btw sent you a PM about the black leather

Old 06-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
Seats look sick

btw sent you a PM about the black leather
I didn't get a PM from you.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cant believe I missed this crazy thread keep up the good work

Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Vrod-Mike
Thanks for the compliments. Sometimes I have to stop myself because I get impatient and just want to get finished, so I look to cheat, but I sit back and say to myself I've come this far there's no sense cutting corners now. I've got the bulk of the work done. Hopefully in another month I'll have it pretty much complete..
I understand this feeling. Every time you feel this way just come back and read through the thread. It'll put your mind in the right place. Keep it up, and then take it out on a national tour so we can see your effort in person!

...that image had nothing to do with anything, just wanted to use it.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
subscribed! you have a beautiful interior man, agh :/

Old 06-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I'm subscribing too, wish I could do what you do in a day in months.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Did the rear brakes tonight. This went pretty easy except for one of the caliper mounts had to be ground down a little so I could bolt the caliper up. We finished up pretty early and I was going to do my HFC's, but I was up early and only had 4 hours sleep last night so I figured I would call it an early night. I'll probably do them one day next week when I install my braided brake lines.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome, you have remarkable stopping power now! And it's absolutely gorgeous. Any plans with the engine bay Mike? I started buying polished parts ie throttle body, plenum, I'm going to do the cam covers and essentially everything else SxExCx has (his engine bay is on POINT!). Your car's a show car/daily driver? Again, too rad - next time I'm out east I need to see this! Big Ups to Jersey!

p.s. are those the 14" rotors up front and like 13.9" in the rear (close to that?)?

Old 06-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by CondeNast78
Awesome, you have remarkable stopping power now! And it's absolutely gorgeous. Any plans with the engine bay Mike? I started buying polished parts ie throttle body, plenum, I'm going to do the cam covers and essentially everything else SxExCx has (his engine bay is on POINT!). Your car's a show car/daily driver? Again, too rad - next time I'm out east I need to see this! Big Ups to Jersey!

p.s. are those the 14" rotors up front and like 13.9" in the rear (close to that?)?
I have some CF engine stuff coming my way. I'm thinking about getting some polished stuff, but I think I need to slow down after this stuff is done. I just spent a boat load of money.
My car is not only a DD, but I use it for work and I drive almost 50k a year.

The front rotors are 15" and the rears are 14"

Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's going to be a super fun car to put those 50,000 miles on! And no doubt, I fully understand taking a break and recouping some $. 15" and 14", those are so nice Mike!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Nice man

Old 06-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Random question, when you put your rear coilovers on, did you have to keep the springmount? Or did you just throw it out?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Woo Hoo I finally got my Volks on. I came home tonight and my 5mm spacers were here for the fronts so even though it was raining pretty heavy I said WTF and put my Volks on. I just couldn't wait and now that they're on man do they look great.

So all is well and I'm a happy camper right? WRONG!!! When I backed out of the driveway the rears were rubbing so bad I almost couldn't make it down the driveway. When I did get down and park the car this is what I found.

The tires pulled the fender out and it cut into the tires slightly. This was without even going over a bump so I can only imagine what would happen at highway speed if I hit a pothole. I can't imagine how you guys run those aggressive offsets and don't chew up tires unless you're running a lot of negative camber which I won't do. I hate the way it looks and I'm not replacing tires every few months because of bad wear patterns.

So I took them off and put my old wheels back on. I guess someone is going to get a smoking deal on a set of Volks with zero miles on them unless someone has a suggestion on how I can make them work. I'm sure I can roll my fenders, but that will only help so much. I think the only way these will work is to run a bunch of negative camber and like I said I don't really want to do that. My offsets aren't even aggressive at all with 28 in the front and 23 in the rear.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:00 PM
ouch thts must of felt like a stab in the back from those volks x_x

hate to bring up an old part of the thread but for your taillights: when you had them tinted, how did u tint around the two circles lights on each side? tape?
thanks in advance

Old 06-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by a1exder
ouch thts must of felt like a stab in the back from those volks x_x

hate to bring up an old part of the thread but for your taillights: when you had them tinted, how did u tint around the two circles lights on each side? tape?
thanks in advance
The headlights are painted and I bought them that way from a member on the forum, so I don't really know how it was done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!