The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
volks looks so much better !
nice nice

Old 06-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now your DD look's 110% better.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Volks look crazy good. Nice work, you should wear those on the cruise to ny.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 732_IP_G35c
Volks look crazy good. Nice work, you should wear those on the cruise to ny.
I plan on it. Hopefully my BBK will be here next week. Once I put that On the Volks will go on.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Not gonna lie, I think your first set of wheels looks better than the volks.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:53 AM
I like the volks better IMO

Old 06-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wanna buy me some TE-37's with all that pocket change you got? :P

Black with a red time attack would be fine

Old 06-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
wheels look great

when are the headlights going on?

Old 06-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo
wheels look great

when are the headlights going on?
I'm waiting for the guy that's going to paint them to get some free time to do them for me. Then I'll put them in.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:05 PM
I just got my tracking number. My BBK will be here tomorrow, so if all goes well I'll install them along with my HFC's Friday night. Then I'll put my Volks on Saturday.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Amazing

This is an epic build up thread. Fun to follow for those of us with bigger eyes than wallets!

Old 06-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Well today was supposed to be the day that the rest of my BBK arrived, but as is usual with this deal it didn't go as planned. My entire front setup is here and I already had the rear calipers, but the new cross drilled rear rotors didn't show up. They should be here tomorrow morning, but that screws me up since I had tonight set aside to install everything. Instead I'll just install my HFC's and the front BBK tonight. While I'm at it I'll install the SPC front camber kit spacers since when I installed the camber kit I didn't install the spacers and I can't get my camber into spec now that the car is lowered. If the weather is nice tomorrow morning I'll throw the Volks on since I have someone to buy my current wheels and hopefully one night next week I'll get the rear BBK installed. Then I just need to redo the front alignment and that part of the build will be finished.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 06-19-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Well I finally got the fronts installed tonight. It took way longer then I thought. Mostly because we spent more time BS'ing then working, so I didn't even get my cats installed, but it's not really a big deal. The install was easy except that I also installed the spacer kit for my SPC front camber kit, so we had to take the front hubs off and modify the ABS sensor bracket to make it work, so that added a lot of time to the install. The brakes bolted right up without a hitch except for the brake lines they supplied which don't have any way to mount them to the factory locations meaning the lines could come in contact with the wheel or suspension, so I decided to reuse the factory lines until I figure out what to do. Stillen makes some nice lines, so I may just do that. Here's the standard overload of pics.

The calipers all assembled waiting to be installed:

The hub disassembled. We took extra time here and thoroughly cleaned out the hub and ABS sensor to insure I wouldn't get an ABS light and it was worth the effort since everything seems fine:

This is the plastic dust cap that SPC says to trim to make it fit properly with the new ABS sensor location. We trimmed it right where my friend is pointing:

Dust cap and spacer installed:

After we put the hub back on we hit it with a wire wheel to get all of the rust and grime off it. Then we coated it with Anti Seize. We did this so we can get the rotors off nice and easy should we ever need to. That will prevent me form accidentally damaging them.

The rotors and calipers installed. Of course when I test fitted them I had the calipers installed with the bleeder screws facing down. Luckily my friend noticed it before I tighened everything down, so it was easy to swap them, but the pics I took show them installed backwards:

My rear rotors should be here tomorrow morning, so hopefully by the end of the weekend I can get them installed and then get my HFC's done one night during the week. Then I'll get the front realigned and be done.

I will say that even with still having the stock rear brakes I can feel a major difference with these. It seems like it takes very little effort to stop the car now and I bet I can lock these up without even trying. They just grab that good. Once I get the rears installed I'll have to take it out and play a little to really test them out.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate tomorrow morning and I can get my Volks on, but right now they're calling for rain, so we will see.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:18 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sick!

Old 06-20-2009, 04:06 AM
Awesome!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!