The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a few more things in the mail today. My JDM battery cover, clear corners (which will be painted) and my JDM DD kit to quiet all you guys up that were harassing me about my Metra kit.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 06-02-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:30 PM
I started the next round of mods today. I pulled the headliner and rear side panels and sent them to be covered in suede. I also started painting the plastic parts that I can't get in black. I'm looking to see if I can find some items like the grab strap i black do I don't have to paint them. I'm sure there is a Nissan that has a black headliner that I can use the sun visors and grab strap from. I just have to find which one it is.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is going to look very good, can't wait to see the finished result.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
looks great.. awesome work so far!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
nice.... i decided against the brakes

Old 06-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Thumbs up

Mike that Alliance BBK looks sick! I'm buying and installing my BBK in about a week before I even buy my wheels, G's never look good with a 4k wheel setup and non-Brembo OEM brake calipers...

Old 06-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mike Dude, how come you didnt tell me you had your own thread so I can Watch the progress like everyone else haha. Love the work you've done man, keep it up.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:14 PM
My wife was busy playing with the new puppy so that gave me some time to work on my car. The first thing I worked on was the roof. Since I had the headliner out I figured I my as well put some sound deadening material up there. Also, sticktech here on the forum who is an Infiniti tech suggested I check the bolts holding my sunroof in since he has seen them get loose and he heard a squeak from up there when he test drove my car. Well low and behold when I pulled my headliner down one bolt was completely off. Another was halfway off and a couple more were loose, so I pulled them all out, put locktite on them and put them all back in. Hopefully they will stay tight this time.

After finishing the roof I started to work on the doors. I pulled the door panels, installed my Alpine Type R components and sound deadened the door. I also ran new wires into the doors instead of being lazy like most people and using the cheap stock wires. I've hear plenty of people say how hard it is to run wires into the doors of a G and while it's not the easiest I've come across it certainly wasn't hard. The first side took me under and hour and the other side took about 1/2 hour. The people saying this is hard should now understand why a good audio shop won't give their labor away cheap. It's the knowledge to do the job right that you pay for.

Once I finished the doors I then installed my rear Alpine Type R's as well. This was easy except for the fact that even with the spacers the magnets still hit the side panels. So I went to my toolbox and got my nice big hammer. A couple of whacks and voila they now fit perfect.

Hopefully my headliner and rear side panels will be done tomorrow so I can pick them up and get them back into my car. Once that's done then I'm going to start working on my custom interior since I found out my stuff I ordered came in on Friday. I can't wait to get the interior back together because I think it's gonna look sick. Plus it sucks driving with no interior panels in the car and now I don't even have door panels.

As usual I took plenty of pics.

The roof before and after sound deadening:

Working on the sound deadening and component installtion in front doors:

Tweeter mounted in factory location using factory bracket. This worked out better then I thought it would:

This is how you run wires into the doors. Take the plug apart in the door jamb which is very easy. Then get a dremel and remove enough of the unused part of the plug to run the wires through. Make sure you don't accidentally hit any of the wires in the plug or you'll be screwed. I also ran the wire through the factory boot so they are completely invisible. Unless I told you no one would ever know I ran wires into the door.

Rear speakers installed:

I also painted most of my interior pieces black in anticipation of getting my headliner back. I still have to do the front seat belts, but I'll probably do that next weekend when I can have the car sit all weekend while the parts dry.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:33 PM
I picked up some of my suede interior parts today. The headliner, rear quarter panels and sun shade were done. I had a few minutes when I got home so I put the sun shade and headliner back in. I really like the way the black looks. It's much better then the tan headliner. I also like the way the guy stitched the pod around the dome light and around the rear windows. It looks really professional.Hopefully everything else will be done on Wednesday and I can start to put the interior back together.

Also the last pic is a little teaser of what my seats will look like once they're done. I just need to find some time to get them finished. Sorry for the bad cellphone pic.

Teaser pic. It looks orange because of my cellphone, but it's actually Ruby Red.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:26 PM
PIMPING SO HARD!

Old 06-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Wow Man,

I really can't describe how much I look forward to the progress on this thread. I keep refreshing the page, in hopes more will be done. I give you alot of credit for doing things yourself. And I just thank you for giving me ideas, and making it look easy. Keep it up

Josh

Old 06-09-2009, 04:33 PM
^+1
You do a real good job keeping us entertained with your progress. One of the threads I look forward to when I log on everyday.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Amazing car so far spot on! BTW where did you get the clear corners from? I have had them on order from G35parts.com for over a month. I have a sedan as well.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Bestswat
^+1
You do a real good job keeping us entertained with your progress. One of the threads I look forward to when I log on everyday.
Man I have you guys expecting daily updates? I'm putting a lot of pressure on myself. One of these days I'll be finished. What will you do then? LOL

Originally Posted by tdhps123
Amazing car so far spot on! BTW where did you get the clear corners from? I have had them on order from G35parts.com for over a month. I have a sedan as well.
I have a coupe, but I bought them from Riverside Infiniti.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:01 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
damn damn damn how much have you spent in total?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!