The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sick son!

Old 05-31-2009, 06:15 AM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
very nice mike!
you might wanna spray some clear coat on the lugs coz it will turn pink after a while

Old 05-31-2009, 08:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a great thread Mike, great mods and again, tasteful! LOVE the Volks and the new BBK, I can't wait to see the pics with those on. How does the FI sound? I just ordered your same FI exhaust from Tony (with carbon fiber), I already have the FI 300-cell cats and love them (I dug how you wrapped them, I'm about to do that with mine!).

Old 05-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Bigrose
So I just read every page and post of your thread and I have to say...

Besides agreeing with what has already been said about your mod choices, I have to say I am very impressed with not only the quality of the products you are using, which are top of the line all the way around, but the fact that you did all this work yourself at either your own home or at a buddy's house is incredible! I have seen several tastefully modified Gs owned and driven by older, well-established people and with the exception of one other sedan owner I know of almost all their mods are usually installed somewhere by somebody. Age and income level don't even really matter much. I have my mechanic friends put stuff on my car most of the time and I'm 24 and usually broke! I guess that was the long winded way of saying that you obviously know what you're doing and it shows. Outstanding work so far and I am excited to see that SICK new wheel/tire/brake combo on the car!

I just wish you lived closer to Indianapolis so you could help me with my audio install and I could buy that Metra kit from you when you are done with it....
Thanks a lot for the kind words. For me it's not just having a modded car, but rather the process it takes to get it there. I really enjoy spending hours on end getting my car to look the way I want it to and then seeing the final outcome. I've been like that my whole life with everything I own. Take a look at my profile and look at the pictures I posted of my bike and you'll see what I mean.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Dranom
very nice mike!
you might wanna spray some clear coat on the lugs coz it will turn pink after a while
I thought about that, but the BBK will probably fade as well so they will match. I'll have a nice girly looking car in about a year or so.

Originally Posted by CondeNast78
This is a great thread Mike, great mods and again, tasteful! LOVE the Volks and the new BBK, I can't wait to see the pics with those on. How does the FI sound? I just ordered your same FI exhaust from Tony (with carbon fiber), I already have the FI 300-cell cats and love them (I dug how you wrapped them, I'm about to do that with mine!).
I love the way the FI sounds. AT idle you really can't even tell it's not a stock exhaust, but once you get on it there's a nice little rumble to it. I'm eager to see what the HFC's do to the tone of the exhaust.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:51 PM
I seem to be having a problem with the site that hosts my pics and now none of them are showing up here. I'll have to see what the problem is.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
hurry and fix the problem i wanna see pics

Old 05-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo
hurry and fix the problem i wanna see pics
You've seen them all already, but I did just fix the problem. Man there are a lot of pics in this thread.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:51 PM
i didnt see post 175 and 176 lol... the brakes look great, im working on getting mine

Old 05-31-2009, 10:06 PM
i didnt see post 175 and 176 lol... the brakes look great, im working on getting mine
Are you getting an Alliance BBK?

Old 06-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Vrod-Mike
Are you getting an Alliance BBK?
i hope so, i need to decide in the next few days

Old 06-01-2009, 12:44 AM
i hope so, i need to decide in the next few days
At the rate it's taking them to get me my front setup you'll have yours before me.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Wow... There is no word or phrase to describe how impressed I am.. Hoooollyyy cow...
I wish I had the money to do this... Hahaha I'm always browsing the internet looking at mods and things I want to buy for my car, but I have no money (just spent my life savings on my car a few months ago).. I have my huge shopping list of mods I'm gonna get eventually once I save up more, but it's hard living the college life and trying to spend money on these "luxuries" (I think they're a necessity for guys like us). I agree with you 100% in that I also want to do everything to my car by myself (or with friends) but unfortunately not all of us are as fortunate as you to have a mechanic friend that can lend us a fully prepped garage with everything you need, and then some. I do have several friends who are in the modding scene and we're currently rebuilding an Evo and we all have tools that we share in trying to do it.. It's turning out great and most of the parts we put in it is by trial an error.. LOL we usually don't really have a clue as to how something goes in or out, but IMO that's how we're learning the most; by figuring it out on our own! Everything I've done in my car I've put my own work in, so I guess I'm aspiring to you! Haha, you'll probably end up getting several PMs from me later down the road for help when I'm trying to install my mods by myself, given you seem extremely mod-savvy. Cheers and I can't wait to see the final product once you're done with EVERYTHING! (that is, IF you're ever "done" with everything)

Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Originally Posted by xdEnbOyx
Wow... There is no word or phrase to describe how impressed I am.. Hoooollyyy cow...
I wish I had the money to do this... Hahaha I'm always browsing the internet looking at mods and things I want to buy for my car, but I have no money (just spent my life savings on my car a few months ago).. I have my huge shopping list of mods I'm gonna get eventually once I save up more, but it's hard living the college life and trying to spend money on these "luxuries" (I think they're a necessity for guys like us). I agree with you 100% in that I also want to do everything to my car by myself (or with friends) but unfortunately not all of us are as fortunate as you to have a mechanic friend that can lend us a fully prepped garage with everything you need, and then some. I do have several friends who are in the modding scene and we're currently rebuilding an Evo and we all have tools that we share in trying to do it.. It's turning out great and most of the parts we put in it is by trial an error.. LOL we usually don't really have a clue as to how something goes in or out, but IMO that's how we're learning the most; by figuring it out on our own! Everything I've done in my car I've put my own work in, so I guess I'm aspiring to you! Haha, you'll probably end up getting several PMs from me later down the road for help when I'm trying to install my mods by myself, given you seem extremely mod-savvy. Cheers and I can't wait to see the final product once you're done with EVERYTHING! (that is, IF you're ever "done" with everything)
Thanks and feel free to PM me if you need any help. As for the being DONE... I doubt that will ever happen. I will slow down once all of the major stuff is done, but there will always be something that I'm tinkering with. It's what I enjoy most, so I always find something to do.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 PM
My TPMS brackets arrived today from iForged, so I mounted the sensors to the wheels. Tomorrow I'll bring the wheels and tires to my friends house and he'll mount and balance them for me. I'll probably wait to put them on until I install my BBK though. That way I can see what everything looks like right away instead of having it in pieces.

I also got my headliner ready to come out. Basically it's being held in by one sun visor and the rubber trim around the sunroof. Everything else is removed. I ordered my black suede today and I'll be dropping it off at my shop Wednesday to be covered. Hopefully the manager at my shop gets it done quick for me. Since we work together sometimes our stuff gets put to the side to finish jobs that we make money off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!