The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
totally forgot about the BBK u mentioned earlier.. well i think we are all just as excited as you are to throw them on lol

Old 06-11-2009, 11:17 PM
what patience, i dont know how you can let those sweet wheels just hang around off the car... i myself would freak out not being able to see them on. cant wait for pics of the BBK and wheels together!!!

Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 AM
DUDE, THIS FORUM F***IN ROCKS!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Got some more stuff done tonight. My rear seats came back from being recovered and I have to say I LOVE the way the interior is looking now. I can't wait to get the front seats done next week. I posted some closeup shots of the red suede inserts and the red stitching. I also had them send me some extra suede and since I was doing the entire interior over I figured I might as well redo the sub box to match, so I pulled the box apart and removed the material that I covered it with when I did it a few weeks ago. I then covered the box with red suede and covered the trim panel in black suede. I really like the way it looks much better now.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shish looks nasty man,I envy your styling. I might have to steal a little of your taste. I just want to see it in person now. I hope your car is up for the OCC meet and cruise. Great work so far, can't wait to see how the rest turns out.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
did you hit a jackpot or what?

I noticed that you deadening matting doesnt have any logos...is is a cheaper alternative to the other stuff? If so, please PM me what kind it is, how much, and where you got it.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
i like the how they did the stitching on the headliner.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Thats sick i wanna do that but with gray inserts and stitching..how much was it?? where did u get it done??

Old 06-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by SxExCx
did you hit a jackpot or what?

I noticed that you deadening matting doesnt have any logos...is is a cheaper alternative to the other stuff? If so, please PM me what kind it is, how much, and where you got it.

I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy.

It has a logo on it, but it's embossed into the foil so it's hard to see. It's Stinger Roadkill Expert series.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Thats sick i wanna do that but with gray inserts and stitching..how much was it?? where did u get it done??
I work for a car audio shop and leather interiors are one of the things we do. I'm not sure what this would cost a customer, but it wouldn't be cheap that's for sure. The custom stitching and logos that I have on the front seats add up quick. Once I get it all installed I can figure out a price for anyone that's interested.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
i would just wanna do seat inserts and door inserts like u did..and the stitching but with gray instead..

Old 06-13-2009, 12:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vrod-Mike
I work for a car audio shop and leather interiors are one of the things we do. I'm not sure what this would cost a customer, but it wouldn't be cheap that's for sure. The custom stitching and logos that I have on the front seats add up quick. Once I get it all installed I can figure out a price for anyone that's interested.
PM or text me for what you did minus the system in white inserts with black roof. Your G is sick nasty......period! Best looking and most tateful G I've seen to date. I'll be supprised if your not in a mag any time soon.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:56 AM
One word: Wow.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Amazing thread, the work you're doing on the car is impressive. Overall it's looking great, I'm glad you got rid of those old wheels for the Volks, because they looked HORRIBLE and out of place on an otherwise very nice car.

Can't wait to see the finished pics.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Did a little more work today. After hearing everyone complain about my Metra DD kit I succumbed to the pear pressure and ordered the JDM kit. Today I finally had some time to install it, but before doing so I had to make a trim ring to cover the gap that the JDM kit leaves around the radio. Basically I just took a piece of ABS plastic and cut it to fit the size I needed.
I also installed my subwoofer gain control. I used the JL Audio piece since it's also line driver and increases the line level output of the radio up to 8volts I think. Since I'm lazy and like things in close reach to me I decided to put the **** for the gain control right in between the heated seat switches, but to do that I had to take the entire center console out because there was some plastic that needed to be cut out in order for the **** to fit. Once I removed the console it was easy to trim the plastic using a dremel. Once I put everything back together I gave the system a quick tune and for the most part I'm pretty happy with how it sounds. The only thing I don't like is that the Alpine Type R coaxial speakers in the rear don't seem to be able to handle the power of my 100w per channel Alpine amp, but it's not that big a deal since I keep the rears turned down and use them just for fill.
After finishing playing with the system I gave teh car a quick wash. Since it was early I decided to see what my Volks will look like on my car, so I put just the drivers side on. Once I snapped some pics I took them back off and put my old wheels back on. I have to see what they will look like once the BBK, centercaps and Rays lugnuts are on, but I have to say that I'm not as impressed with them as I thought I would be. Hopefully once they are one with everything else I'll be happier.

I just noticed that when I put the heated seat switches back in I reversed them. Hopefully I can get them out and swap them without taking teh whole console out again. Damn!!

Trim ring installed for JDM DD kit:

I went from this:

To this:

Center console removed and subwoofer gain control mounted:

Console back in with gain control in between heated seat switches:

Volks test fitment:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!