The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BloodlineG
whats the link for the sissor lift your friend has i clicked that link but couldnt find it? is it under specialty lifts?

Here you go:

http://directlift.com/pro6mr.asp

Originally Posted by Beebo
Damn be sure and let me know if the braces fit with the exhaust when you do install.

Thanks
If everything goes as planned I'll be doing everything Friday night.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:09 AM
I finally had some time to get my car on a lift and get the rest of my stuff installed tonight. I installed my Ichiba V2 wheel spacers 20mm up front and 15mm in the back. I'll take some pics tomorrow if it stops raining, but from what I could see in the dark tonight I like the way it looks. I'm a little worried that the tires will rub, but I didn't have any trouble on my 10 mile ride home. I did however take it nice and easy since I wasn't sure if they would rub and I don't want to damage the fenders.

I also installed my GTSPEC chassis stiffeners. I have the front lower tie bar, rear lower tie bar and rear lateral arm. Someone said the rear lateral arm wouldn't fit with the FI exhaust, but that was incorrect. It fit like a glove, but the rear lower tie couldn't be installed. The exhaust was a little problem, but the bigger problem is that I have the SPC toe bolt kit installed and that seemed to make the distance between the two mounting points to small to let the brace fit. I may be able to make it work by opening the holes up on the brace, but it was almost 12:00 and I had enough for one night. When I install my HFC's I'll take another look at it again.
I also installed my new front and rear swaybar endlinks. These need to be properly adjusted when I get my alignment next week. I could really feel the difference these braces make on my drive home. Especially in the front which seems much stiffer. Considering I already had the Hotchkis swaybars and GTSPEC strut brace I'm really surprised at the difference it made.

A few other things I did was to finish my HID fog/lowbeam install. Since I had the wheels off it made it nice and easy to get to the bulbs. I had wired the kit last week so all I had to do tonight was install the bulbs. I bought a 4300k set to match my factory lowbeams. The color is close, but not exact. I also bought the kit that uses a servo to move a shield on the bulb for the highbeam function. It works surprisingly quick when flashing the highbeams. I'll try to get some pics of that tomorrow as well.
I also finished installing the Tein EDFC servos. i had to remove the front struts to get them on, but that wasn't to bad., I'll also get some pics of that tomorrow. For those of you that were like me and couldn't get an answer on which strut bar will work with this setup I would have to say that they all will. I have a GTSPEC strut bar and the servo sits so low into the strut mounting that I can't see any bar having a fitment issue.
Lastly I received my SeExCx grounding kit today and since my car was on the lift I attached the AT wire. Tomorrow I'll finish the install and snap some pics.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 05-31-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:15 AM
The sun made a brief appearance this morning so I took some pics of the wheels with the spacers. It definitely looks much better now.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 05-31-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice mods!

i still keep my beater though. The G with ultra performence tires hate snow!

Old 05-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I just finished installing my grounding kit from the SxExCx GB on Driver. Man what a simple install. Sean really did a good job with the detailed instructions.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 05-31-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i dont remember if you have a 5at or a 6mt but did you notice anything about throttle response or shifting with the grounding kit? im really interested in picking one up within the next month here

Old 05-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by h23sdominate
i dont remember if you have a 5at or a 6mt but did you notice anything about throttle response or shifting with the grounding kit? im really interested in picking one up within the next month here
I have a 5AT, but I haven't driven it since I installed the grounding kit. I'm currently working on a friends motorcycle and when I'm done with that if I have time I'll take it out for a spin.

Old 05-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
alright sweet

Old 05-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn good stuff bro all you need is FI HFCs

Old 05-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Bestswat
damn good stuff bro all you need is FI HFCs
They will be here next week.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
G
You act fast.

Nice new mods.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
So it was the rear tie bar that wouldn't fit...

Old 05-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo
So it was the rear tie bar that wouldn't fit...
Yes, but not so much because of the exhaust. I think I can make it work around the exhaust. The problem is the bar is to long to fit up to the mounting bolts. I think that's because the toe bolt kit pulls the bolts inwards of the car to compensate for lowering. When I have some free time I'll get under there and see if I can make it fit.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I was bored today with all of the rain so I decided to de-badge my car. I found a video on the forum explaining how to do it and I was surprised at how easy it was to do. I have a light shadow from the letters, but I'm guessing that once it's out in the sun for a few weeks it will start to blend in with the rest of the trunk. I really like the way the back looks much better now.

I also snapped some pics of the Tein EDFC installed with my GTSPEC strut bar. GTSPEC said this combo wouldn't work, but they're wrong. The EDFC servos are so small they don't even stick up above the strut mounts at all. I bet just about any strut bar will work with these.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 05-31-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Received 911 Likes on 608 Posts
you needa use the OEM bolts or add a washer to the SPC front A-arms, it can be pretty dangerous if left as is.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!