The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice new rims, awsome snag

Old 05-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up a set of projector headlights from on another forum I belong to.They are brand new and I'm going to send them out to be painted and have some LED's installed in them before I install them. I also had a few minutes to kill this afternoon so I put some header wrap on my FI HFC's. Hopefully that will keep the heat to a minimum.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 05-31-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
After viewing your entire thread page by page i officially hate you lolol

jk .. =)

outstanding work .. Big thumbs up ....

Old 05-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by IMAFUKINRIDER
After viewing your entire thread page by page i officially hate you lolol

jk .. =)

outstanding work .. Big thumbs up ....
You'll need to get in the back of the line. It's a long line headed up by my wife. LOL

Old 05-23-2009, 08:05 PM
holy crap, i never thought about using hose clamps on the header wrap. i used those stupid steel cable ties and they sucked and arne't holding very tight. I'm going to reach up in there and put some hose clamps in there now to help secure it.

thanks!

Old 05-23-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by binder
holy crap, i never thought about using hose clamps on the header wrap. i used those stupid steel cable ties and they sucked and arne't holding very tight. I'm going to reach up in there and put some hose clamps in there now to help secure it.

thanks!
Just make sure you get stainless steel clamps otherwise they will rust out and eventually fail.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Vrod-Mike
Just make sure you get stainless steel clamps otherwise they will rust out and eventually fail.
good call, thanks!

Old 05-24-2009, 03:05 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Beebo
I dont like the cheap A/C control buttons
No offense Mike but neither do I. Doesn't anyone make a DD that has buttons worthy of our cars?

Originally Posted by BloodlineG
i dont like texas.
Don't hate man, you're just jealous.

You too!!!!

Old 05-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
No offense Mike but neither do I. Doesn't anyone make a DD that has buttons worthy of our cars?

Don't hate man, you're just jealous.

You too!!!!

I can't believe it, but I've succumbed to the peer pressure and ordered the JDM DD kit. I really don't have a problem with the Metra buttons though. The only reason I'm changing is because I don't like that the Metra finish is painted instead of the aluminum that the oem dash is. Otherwise I would have left it alone.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:14 PM

Just looked the JDM kit on eBay and found one that Riverside Infiniti is selling with the dual climate control buttons. Looks very nice. That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!

Did you get/do you have the dual climate control? I'm sure I don't need to ask for pics of the install.

Looks like you and I are competing for the noob post ***** award

Old 05-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Today was a very productive day. My wife took her mother out for her birthday so I was alone all day. That allowed me to work without any interruptions, which is very nice. I was out in the garage at 8am and didn't stop until 6pm. No brakes for lunch or anything. Just a solid 10 hours of work. I love when I can just focus and do what I want.

What I started with was to finish installing my sound deadening material since it all came in just before the weekend. I finished the trunk and then pulled the rear seats, rear deck and side panels off. Once everything was apart I covered just about everything that was visible with the exception of place that I thought would cause a problem. It's always a PITA getting the panels to fit correctly again once you install this stuff because no matter how hard you try you always forget and cover up some of the mounting holes, so I went around with a razor knife and cutout all of the holes that I missed. Everything has one layer except for the floor under the rear seats and the trunk floor and rear wall. I still have to do the trunk lid and front doors, but I'll get to that next weekend most likely.

Once I finished with the sound deadening. I put most of the interior and trunk panels back in. I left the rear side panels out since I still have to install my speakers and it doesn't make sense to pull everything apart again.

After putting the panels back in I looked at the clock and it was still pretty early so I figured I would do some work on the sub box that I built last week. I wanted to only see the sub from the front so I knew I had to build some trim panel to hide everything else. As you can see from the pics I made a nice panel that follows the design of the rear plastic trim pieces that are behind the seat. Considering that I haven't done anything like this in probably 10 years I think it came out pretty good.

Now that the sub box is done I can start on wiring the system up, so today I also ran all of the wiring. On the passenger side I ran the power, remote wire and two speaker lines. On the drivers side I ran the RCA's, ground loop wire and two speaker wires.

Hopefully next weekend I can get another full days worth of work done and maybe get it close to completed. Here are some pics from today.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 05-31-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Just looked the JDM kit on eBay and found one that Riverside Infiniti is selling with the dual climate control buttons. Looks very nice. That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!

Did you get/do you have the dual climate control? I'm sure I don't need to ask for pics of the install.

Looks like you and I are competing for the noob post ***** award
Yes I am getting the one with the dual climate controls and no you don't need to ask for pics. I'm sure I'll post more then you could ever want to see.

I joined the day after you, but I have a few more posts then you. Actually I don't really post to much here compared to my other forums. I belong to a motorcycle forum that I have 20k posts in 4 years.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:09 PM
ah, those were the days. I remember baking to death in the backseat of my infiniti doing the sound deadening. sucked big time!

Old 05-24-2009, 09:35 PM

Yes I am getting the one with the dual climate controls and no you don't need to ask for pics. I'm sure I'll post more then you could ever want to see.

I joined the day after you, but I have a few more posts then you. Actually I don't really post to much here compared to my other forums. I belong to a motorcycle forum that I have 20k posts in 4 years.
Dayuum son, how do you find time for the wife?

Your dedication to your car is amazing!!

Old 05-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Dayuum son, how do you find time for the wife?

Your dedication to your car is amazing!!
Actually I really think I have a sickness. I get so involved with everything I do that I run myself ragged. I constantly have to find new things to keep me busy. I did the same thing with my bike that I'm doing with my car, but now the bike is done for the most part so I needed another obsession to take up my time and money. LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!