The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Yearly Income

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jfizz313
only reason its socially inappropriate to ask some one how much they make is because the boss dint want some one to find out they were being paid less than some one else for the same job...
I've had jobs where it's prohibited to talk about salaries....gee wonder why? LOL.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-ER
Socially inappropriate eh? Yeah, there are a lot of things people do these days that are just that...too bad most are just plain ridiculous. As I said, if you don't like, no one is forcing you to post. Good thing for me...I could care less what society thinks about me.
Socially doesn’t mean "society"... Its part of proper etiquette, manners... if you have none then you will have problems in life.

Some day you will grow to learn what I'm referring to... I suspect you have some growing up to do still.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
Socially doesn’t mean "society"... Its part of proper etiquette, manners... if you have none then you will have problems in life.

Some day you will grow to learn what I'm referring to... I suspect you have some growing up to do still.
So says the person who feels offended by someone asking how much they make in a public forum where they have the option to simply not reply.

I'm sure it's a topic you shouldn't bring up in a dinner with people you've just met...but this isn't exactly the case.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:46 PM
So says the person who feels offended by someone asking how much they make in a public forum where they have the option to simply not reply.

I'm sure it's a topic you shouldn't bring up in a dinner with people you've just met...but this isn't exactly the case.
you have equal option not to reply to me... its a suggestion you should consider because your not doing yourself any favors... its common knowledge that asking about ones income is inappropriate. I don’t care what spin you want to put on it - the fact wont change.

Now whether or not you feel its a valid thread, I don’t care... take a look at some of the posts - clearly you aren’t getting real answers from everyone anyway...

By the way - I never once said I was offended by anything... if you are going to make statements, make them accurate.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 PM
you have equal option not to reply to me... its a suggestion you should consider because your not doing yourself any favors... its common knowledge that asking about ones income is inappropriate. I don’t care what spin you want to put on it - the fact wont change.

Now whether or not you feel its a valid thread, I don’t care... take a look at some of the posts - clearly you aren’t getting real answers from everyone anyway...

By the way - I never once said I was offended by anything... if you are going to make statements, make them accurate.
I'm not the one complaining...but I guess everyone has an opinion these days...lol.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
OCG35 & GT-ER please correct me if im wrong but do you guys always argue in every thread?

i might be thinking of 2 other members but all i gotta say is......gotta love

Old 05-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by eljoker
OCG35 & GT-ER please correct me if im wrong but do you guys always argue in every thread?

nope... I don’t think I've ever had a discussion with him.

Besides, it’s not really an argument... I made a statement that is basically common knowledge to most adults and he wanted to carry on about it.

Are you on a break or something… I thought you had lawns to move.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by eljoker

I think you are mistaken...I *think* this is our first "negative feedbacks" if you will.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Yes, you're not suppose to talk about salary at all in the job site. It creates a bad atmosphere.

Whenever my friends ask me how much I make, I just say minimum wage. The right question to ask is what do you do. No need to impress the internet world with your income. LOL.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm not the one complaining...but I guess everyone has an opinion these days...lol.

your posts have been a lot more complaining than anything else... here is the order of the posts before you carried on and on... note who said what...
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
WHy not just ask what people do for a living and then make your judgements based on that?

Asking people what they make is considered rude.
I make a bit over $40K and my wife about $20K. Good thing my house only pays $637/month and my car $213.

As for the people who find it rude to be asked what they make...no one is forcing you to answer.
Doesn’t make it any less rude to ask… It’s pretty much common knowledge to any adult that it’s not socially appropriate to ask how much someone makes – even among friends…

On a side note – generally I have found that the ppl that brag about how much money they have usually don’t have as much as they want ppl to think… and people with lots of money rarely flaunt it – I know a few people personally that make $500K-1M and when hanging out with them you’d never know it.

It should have ended there - but you were doing all the complaining...

Old 05-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
208 a week.dont even have a g. :sad:

Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am an exec. assistant for an oil and gas company.. and there is no way I can afford a car like mine :-) My g35 03' was actually a christmas present from my b/f :-)

Old 05-20-2009, 04:46 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by RussianG
I am an exec. assistant for an oil and gas company.. and there is no way I can afford a car like mine :-) My g35 03' was actually a christmas present from my b/f :-)
Lucky you. What did you buy him for his bday? Let me guess. a pair of boxers. LOL girls are so cheap.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:47 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by RussianG
You've got a good man there, might want to consider keeping him around for a while

Old 05-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Job... Student

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yearly Income