The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I hate Vtec!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walk crank.....crack, walk crank.....

All fun aside, VtACk engines can be fun. It's not the end all in performance. But, honda makes good engines.

The guys that street race and brag about their weak **** are not exactly "automotive enthusiasts"

Old 06-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyline_Coupe
Walk crank.....crack, walk crank.....

All fun aside, VtACk engines can be fun. It's not the end all in performance. But, honda makes good engines.

The guys that street race and brag about their weak **** are not exactly "automotive enthusiasts"
Or the guys online making whack comments and starting an internet bashing over something they herd on the streets. lol. STFU and take it to the tracks.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vincentl
I'm pretty sure Honda has VTEC on 100% of their cars..and it's purpose is fuel economy/emission. The VTEC included on a Civic/Accord does not add any power in upper RPMs. It merely serves to allow the engine to run more lean then it usually would at lower RPMs(economy cams). After 5500-6500 it shuts OFF vtec... The VTEC that comes with Civic SI/RSX is the performance edition that has continuously variable intake cam timing.

I think.
Your WRONG! Vtec does not come on every Honda vehicle.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I think he just has bad grammar, add a comma and it makes sense.

"Vtec is nothing, but boost and vtec is actually pretty schweet."

Basically he's saying that VTEC isn't a big deal, but boost plus VTEC is nice.

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Did people not see this post???

Old 06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yo mike we got some VW guys who do basically all the same **** your saying. Btw mike come to Broomall Home Depot on Monday nights at like 9. We have a meet there every week. We meet like behind Home Depot to the right you'll see us.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:37 PM
The G35 has it's own version of VTEC- I would consider it actually more advanced than whats in most of the older Hondas because it is continuously variable instead of fixed RPM driven.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
The G35 has it's own version of VTEC- I would consider it actually more advanced than whats in most of the older Hondas because it is continuously variable instead of fixed RPM driven.
The G37 has it's own. (VVEL).

The G35 only has it on the intake cam. CVTC. The one on the G35 is not as advanced as the DOCH VTEC.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
everytime they say something to me i pull out the big guns

i ask them if they want a real mans race, you know on a circit or a curvy road ect, they stay quiet.

i can drift, take corners fast, take twisty roads, or any kind of racing that invole turns and still go fast in a street line,

all they can do is go fast in a straight line till 4th, most dont even know how to mod there suspsnsion to even touch a track

there race ends at 90mph, thats where the Gs start

all in all i have more fun in a G a true sports car than a civic with a swapped engine trying to act like a sports car

Old 06-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"not as advanced as doch vtec" .... sigh ....

Old 06-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by pwebb
"not as advanced as doch vtec" .... sigh ....
http://www.superstreetonline.com/tec...shi_mivec.html

Unlike the other technologies, though, CVTC doesn't have a corresponding system to alter the valves' lift or duration. So like the hot rod cam that is advanced or retarded during an engine buildup, CVTC doesn't change the character of the valve-opening event, just its timing. But unlike old-school hot rod cams, CVTC can move both ways, at will, to affect power throughout the rev range.

VVEL however, is better than what the G35 has. CVTC...

Old 06-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I happen to own a g35 and would much rather have a car that has "vtec" especially a k20 swapped car that runs 11's with intake header exhaust and slicks! That would be nice! as being an owner of a g I hate it when g owners get a big head about the car!

Old 06-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by caits_g
I happen to own a g35 and would much rather have a car that has "vtec" especially a k20 swapped car that runs 11's with intake header exhaust and slicks! That would be nice! as being an owner of a g I hate it when g owners get a big head about the car!
and we hate it when honda owners act like they are driving lambos and porsches when all they are driving is a swapped molested civic or intergra

Old 06-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by eljoker
and we hate it when honda owners act like they are driving lambos and porsches when all they are driving is a swapped molested civic or intergra
You mean like this car. lol I think those Honda owners know what the're driving. They know it's not a Lambo. LOL. Unlike some G owners who think the car is fast. lol I drive a 6mt, I know it's not quick. I have accepted it. But it's good for what I use it for. Crusin.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
You can alter cam timing w/o an adustable sprocket. As the VTEC changes to another cam lobe to life the valves. You can grind that 2nd lobe anyway you wish, including altering the cam timing if it benefited anything. Not sure if they actually do this but it's entirely possible.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by eljoker
The sad part is I have a good friend who owns a honda civic with a kswap he also owns an 05 NSX, an 07 S2000, a 98 Viper and a few other vehicles and he was going to buy a lambo before he test drove one and realized that the gallardo was a slow piece he would spend the money to buy it and then send it to our friends at Underground Racing to have them build and twin turbo the car before he would be truly happy with his purchase! The best part was when he told the salesman at Lamborghini in Atlanta that his Civic was way faster than that car! The horrible part too this is the g35s do not hold their value one bit also, which in some cases you may not get what it cost to get one of these "lambos" that you speak of!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.