The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: Which car do think is better?
Hyundai Genesis
8.67%
G35
91.33%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Honest opinions on Genesis>G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 04:05 AM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by iiiiiekoiiiii
are u slow?
yeah, slow trying to figure out wtf a g sis is. did you make that up yourself or did someone help you?

Old 07-10-2009, 04:09 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
speedracer your G doesn't count.. its modded to sexyness

Old 07-10-2009, 04:10 AM
Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
wow another onedumfuk, its cute tho u lookin out for him.
gsis is genesis. car aint even worth typing out the name of.

Old 07-10-2009, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by iiiiiekoiiiii
wow another onedumfuk, its cute tho u lookin out for him.
gsis is genesis. car aint even worth typing out the name of.
goddam you're cool...how'd you get to be so cool?

Old 07-10-2009, 04:20 AM
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
goddam you're cool...how'd you get to be so cool?

Old 07-10-2009, 04:22 AM
you just keep getting cooler and cooler...how do you do it? man. you are awesome. you should give "awesomeness" lessons.

edit: before you post up anything else, i conceed to your awesomeness. you win this battle of wits sir. i don't think i can go punch for punch with a genius like yourself. enjoy your victory. i shall not sleep well tonight.

Last edited by speedracerg35; 07-10-2009 at 04:30 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:35 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mos def G35

words can't describe it...just try to recall when the G35 was released in '02/'03
and how everyone shat in their pants when they saw or heard one, thinkin it was a $60k+ car. The G was a trendsetter in that sense because it was just so original, nothing was like it. we fell in love with it.

the genesis is really nice and i'm not trying to take anything away from it but its following the trend set by the G coupe, its not all that original but its still a nice car, just nowhere as epic as when the G's rolled out back in '03

Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by officerdbag
Oil consumption.
Door lock actuators failing.
Window motors failing.
Rear axle click.
Horrible VLSD that turns into an open diff.
Seat belt retracting issues.
Extensive creaks and rattles.
Horrible speakers that crackle and pop.
Soft paint.
Syncros going out, grinding gears.
Bose head unit that fails and keeps your CD's for life.
Very noisy manual transmission.
Gas tank problems.
Loud annoying squeaky brakes.
Inner tire feathering.

Those are just the quick very very common issues with this car. No way in hell on par with the reliability of a Toyota or Honda.
Very, very common? Do you have anything to back that up? Long term studies? Perhaps some independent organization that does analysis of problems like this? Anything at all? No? I didn't think so. OTOH, there are numerous long term studies that show it to be very reliable. I guess that's why it's consistently named to various Top 10 lists for new and used cars. But they're all wrong, because officerdbag says so.

And who said is was on par with Toyota or Honda? Nice strawman. Congratulations on vanquishing him.

Why don't you just sell that car you hate so much and buy your precious Hyundai? Seriously. Do us all a favor.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
That is fvcking hilarious!! Found a new quote for my sig. Who would've thought it'd be from brandon?

Thanks man!!!
Blue likes me! He really really likes me!!! LoL!

On a side note... wtf is with all these people that have been posting on this board lately about how they dislike their g35? Or how inferior it is to other cars? Why do we need to be flooded with your buyers remorse? Or... rather... why do our eyeballs need to be punished for your lack of savy buying ability? Your G has issues... hmm... maybe you should have checked out better before you bought it? Or, maybe you need to take into account the year of your vehicle and increase the frequency and/or quality of your own maintenance practices?

Theres a dude on here with a PRISTINE DD 03 (maybe 04; cant remember) who rolled over 100k miles and STILL DDs it.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Originally Posted by officerdbag View Post
Oil consumption.
Door lock actuators failing.
Window motors failing.
Rear axle click.
Horrible VLSD that turns into an open diff.
Seat belt retracting issues.
Extensive creaks and rattles.
Horrible speakers that crackle and pop.
Soft paint.
Syncros going out, grinding gears.
Bose head unit that fails and keeps your CD's for life.
Very noisy manual transmission.
Gas tank problems.
Loud annoying squeaky brakes.
Inner tire feathering.

Those are just the quick very very common issues with this car. No way in hell on par with the reliability of a Toyota or Honda.
Those are the only things i've seen more than a hanful of complaints about the rest i've seen only maybe 1 or 2 issues with....

Old 07-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by officerdbag
speedracer your G doesn't count.. its modded to sexyness
Why not?

Old 07-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
G35>>>Genesis

G35 way better looking then the Genesis and i seen a few Genesis on the road

Old 07-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love my G35 and wouldn't trade it for a Genesis. But the Genesis is a pretty kick a$$ car, and it has some very strong qualities. It's not fair to judge all Hyundai's by our not-so-fond memories of the Excel. Fit and finish are outstanding on the models that I've been in. I've got a 2005, and have to say that I don't find the fit and finish to be as nice as the Genesis. Mind you... I love Nissan, have only bought Nissans, and currently own 4 of them in the family. Just saying, give credit where it's due. Peace.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
I just read an article on MSN the other day about top 10 most recommended cars by consumers based on a series of different categories such as reliability, quality, etc... G37 was number one... Now we all know a G37 is not a G35 ( op asked for G35 comparison ) but that should still say something about Infiniti's G class in general. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, at least not too far in the G35/G37 case.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/lista...mentid=1076425

I believe the Genesis coupe is a very nice car for how much you can get it for. It's definitely a foot in the door for Hyundai. I have no doubt in my mind that they will one day be a strong competitor in the performance/tuning car world. But let's not discredit their efforts right now. Sure, it's not the most stylish coupe in town nor is it the highest performing, but let's remember WHY Hyundai built the Genesis the way they did.

NO ONE can deny the fact that the G35 is more expensive than the GC. My 2006 fully loaded (premium package or w/e people wanna call it) 6MT sport coupe was close to $38,000 off the floor brand new vs the $30,000 "track edition" GC 6MT. Those numbers alone should trigger people to think "hmmmmm...." Having been in a GC, I can tell you that the G35 feels AND looks a lot more luxurious and "upper-class" (and it sounds much more aggressive and "full") which warrants a higher price tag.

The G35 feels a lot sturdier than the GC. The G35 is very solid feeling and I feel like I can *comfortably* take corners a little harder and really push it. While the GC is undoubtedly pretty reliable, I feel it's a bit softer around corners and I don't feel as daring in it (maybe that's because I'm used to what my G35 can handle, but right off the bat there's a difference in feel and that doesn't take professional race car driver to figure out).

I'd also like to say the GC looks a lot "sportier" and "aggressive" than the G35, but NOBODY (and if you do argue this, you don't deserve to be driving ANY CAR) can deny the fact that the G35 sports a very unique sporty yet elegant and luxurious look that no other car can compare to. At the end of the day (and I tell this to my Subby/Evo friends here all the time) I can drive through downtown and turn more heads and pick up more girls in my car in one night than they ever will (in part because there's no Infiniti dealership here and most people are always like WHOA WHAT'S THATTT? vs the 23987423987 WRX/STI/EVOs in town ). I know in 20 or so years to come, there's no doubt the G35 will always be an iconic classic car and people will STILL look at it and say... "SECKSEE."

Anyway, Hyundai built the GC not because they wanted to throw together the most powerful and good looking car together and stomp competitors in every aspect right off the bat. They built it so that people who are seeking a sporty car that can compete on the same level as Nissans/Infinitis, BMWs, etc without having to donate blood and plasma every week to make payments. Hyundai did superb in pulling that off and based on price vs. value alone, the GC wins. No one can complain about a car that has the specs the GC has for the price you pay to get it. And if you do, you're not thinking straight.

To OP: I implore you to find a perfectly built first car from any car company, and I might even go out on a limb and say try finding a single (performance) car out there that DOESN'T have a problem. Every one of them will have their problems, some general amongst the entire model line, some unique to each individual vehicle. With that said, yeah the G35 has a little of both, but that doesn't mean it's not an excellent car. The reason I bought my G35 is because I found it better than any other car I researched and test drove. I think it's superior car to most out there in it's class (why else would I have bought it... hello???). It has the perfect balance between performance, luxury, and style, but most importantly (once again) it's UNIQUE. Sure, the BMWs can outperform and are even maybe more luxurious than the G, but when I look at my car vs a 335i, I can smile and say "my car is sexier." BMWs all have that same "basic" look to them.. The front grill, headlights, body style, etc etc etc and to not-so car savvy people, if there weren't model numbers on the back of the car, they probably couldn't even tell you what series the car is let alone the model. UNIQUE wins in my book, and the G35 wins hands down, bar none in that field.

Okaydone.

Last edited by dEnbOy.GFM; 07-10-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
you just keep getting cooler and cooler...how do you do it? man. you are awesome. you should give "awesomeness" lessons.

edit: before you post up anything else, i conceed to your awesomeness. you win this battle of wits sir. i don't think i can go punch for punch with a genius like yourself. enjoy your victory. i shall not sleep well tonight.
you're a clown dude. the main reason why i dont even chill on this site that often. got toomany douchbags like you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Honest opinions on Genesis>G35