The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: Which car do think is better?
Hyundai Genesis
8.67%
G35
91.33%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Honest opinions on Genesis>G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Could you go more into the idea of it being more "organic", or did you just hear that term from some middle manager who likes to use words that sound impressive? I assume you mean the rather obscure definition of "having systematic coordination of parts." In what way is it more organic than a G37? In what way is it more muscular than a G37? And don't just use the pictures you posted of a heavily modified Genesis unless you're going to refer to a G37 that's similarly modded. Apples to apples. Please elaborate on "organic" and "muscular". That, or quit using words you don't understand.
Where did you get the G37 from? We're talking about the G35 here dude. READ the OP threads, please. You should go here to talk about that car: http://www.g37driver.com

The Genesis has more flowing indentations in its design compare to the G35, especially noticeable looking at the sides. Just like how our muscles has indentations in its shape, the car has them too. From a 3/4 view point, it really looks like muscles. This is why I referred to it as "muscular" and because it has an association with a component of an living thing, I also refer to it as "organic".

Now lets hear your definition.

Last edited by ConceptVBS; 07-11-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:22 PM
The nissan been out a lot longer than a hyundia.....**** u kno how bad hyundia's were...omg terrible no comparison

Old 07-12-2009, 04:44 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS
Where did you get the G37 from? We're talking about the G35 here dude. READ the OP threads, please. You should go here to talk about that car: http://www.g37driver.com

The Genesis has more flowing indentations in its design compare to the G35, especially noticeable looking at the sides. Just like how our muscles has indentations in its shape, the car has them too. From a 3/4 view point, it really looks like muscles. This is why I referred to it as "muscular" and because it has an association with a component of an living thing, I also refer to it as "organic".

Now lets hear your definition.
I don't need to define it, I was just pointing out that you used it very subjectively and failed to define it. I do like the photo from "long" distance, but it looks like a G37 the most in that photo too.

And I said G37 because it's been mentioned numerous times in this thread, mostly because the Genesis Coupe is trying very hard to look like a G37. I didn't just jump in on page 6, I've been participating in this thread since it started.

I don't see muscles or any kind of coherent design, I see a glorified Tiburon that's been widened and lowered. It's got a terrible front end with a grille that's too small, poorly placed (too high), and doesn't fit in with the overall design. The rear light design pulls everything to the outside of the car, but not in a good way. It's too stretched. I wouldn't have put the round brake lights so close to the corners. It gives the appearance of "wall-eyed" strabismus.

It's a good looking car, and it does perform well, and I hope it does well in the future. But I think the G35 and G37 look better, and a G37 certainly performs better, and I'd take either of them over a Genesis.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
I would still take a Genesis over a G35 in a hear beat, but a G37 over both.

I figure Infiniti got rid of the G35 for a reason.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:13 AM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
^^ yea so they can release the G37

Old 07-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by blaccG35
^^ yea so they can release the G37
Exactly. I am just saying the market is ever evolving. The G35 is an amazing car but its time came and went. The bar keeps getting higher. In 10 years, the Toyota Camry will be able to out perform the G35. That is just the nature of the industry.

The Genesis will out perform the G35 without any issues. Plus aftermarket parts are not nearly as expensive as G35/G37. I doubt the Genesis will have nearly as many problems as the G35 has had. Plus the Genesis will turn alot more heads. Everywhere I looks now I see a G35. Every 1 in 10 high school kid has one and is in the process of ricing them out. I have only see 1 Genesis coupe on the road. I cannot think of a single reason to ever get a G35 over a Genesis besides the price difference.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:17 AM
G35 & G37 better resale than the Genesis whether u like it or not!!!IMO

Old 07-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Gr8speed68
G35 & G37 better resale than the Genesis whether u like it or not!!!IMO
I really dont know what the Genesis resale value is, but I am sure it is much better.
You can now buy a 04 G35 that was once 40k for 12-14k. That means it lost almost 70% of its value in 6 years.

I personally bought a 08 G37 that had a sticker of 46k for 30k, 6 months old. That is almost 15k in half a year.

I love Infinitis, I just think too many people on here have their head up their ass and hate that their G35 is out classed and out performed by a Hyundai.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Ya but the G's will last alot longer.....

Old 07-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Before I bought my used g35, I test drove the Genesis coupe v6. At the end, I prefered used G35 over the new Genesis. First, it was kinda heavy. Did not feel like 300+ hp car. the interior was not at par. but most importantly, it was priced well over $30k plus they wanted extra for mark up. I told them good luck selling that, and got myself a nice G35 coupe for half the price.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
the history of Nissan and motorsports goes way back to the 70's. Hyundai Im not sure if I even know how to spell it and the history is slim. Sure they have been improving thier line however they just dont have the experience of Nissan testing and racing. The G35, 37 engine/chassis are bred from a Skyline/Z Car which both come from years of evolving engineering. Sure if I could not afford a 350z or G35 I would maybe consider a Genesis, but brand loyalty leads me to Nissan/Infiniti.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Exactly. I am just saying the market is ever evolving. The G35 is an amazing car but its time came and went. The bar keeps getting higher. In 10 years, the Toyota Camry will be able to out perform the G35. That is just the nature of the industry.

The Genesis will out perform the G35 without any issues. Plus aftermarket parts are not nearly as expensive as G35/G37. I doubt the Genesis will have nearly as many problems as the G35 has had. Plus the Genesis will turn alot more heads. Everywhere I looks now I see a G35. Every 1 in 10 high school kid has one and is in the process of ricing them out. I have only see 1 Genesis coupe on the road. I cannot think of a single reason to ever get a G35 over a Genesis besides the price difference.
Yea thats because the genesis barely came out!!! Wait maybe a year when the genesis has been out and you will see a gang of ricers kids with one. Here in my town the evo8-9 and x's are as played out as L.A metro buses. I wouldent doubt that the genesis will join that club soon. For the price i rather get a 370z f*ck it.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know whether my next car would be either one. Fuel economy is increasingly important to me, and I would like a car that can get significantly better fuel economy than the 17/25 I can get with my 04. (20.9 overall).

I've been considering just a little bit smaller. Too bad Infiniti doesn't have anything in this category.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:39 PM
Why would they make a small car there high end car, screw the gas mileage, if u want gas mileage go out and bi a Honda Fit...lol

Old 07-14-2009, 12:20 AM
hey guys,
none of my bus quack here but you know it's funny how car journelists are given a story to write about and all they do is make a big hog wash out of nothing (somethin called sensationalism) - a hyundai gen coupe vs an infiniti g37 or g35? - my god that's just apple and orange comparison - do something like a gen coupe vs nissan altima coupe and yeah you got the right balance of comparison there provided lack of hp on the altima - so where am i going?
after seeing this post - i went out this afternoon to a hyundai dealership near my place after a long nap just to make sure i give the gen coupe everything it deserves in term of my attention.
impression - nice job hyundai very nice (tiburon)
outside - impressive from far - up close ain't even as pretty as an altima coupe - bettr than an accord coupe? yes
inside - not better than altima coupe - not better than accord coupe either
nissan altima wins in design for the same money - in the hp department that's different
in any case the g35 or g37 wins in all category - who wanna be seen in a hyundai for $30, damn you can get a benz c300 for roughly the same money or any other lux like acura or lexus,
this thread is silly,

Last edited by infinitisport; 07-14-2009 at 01:09 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Honest opinions on Genesis>G35