The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans
View Poll Results: Which car do think is better?
Hyundai Genesis
8.67%
G35
91.33%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Honest opinions on Genesis>G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Funny how some people bash Hyundai and Kia's, but when it's time for new tires, they go cheap and get Hankooks. lol

"I own an Infinti, I'm a baller man. Oh crap, I need new tires. I'll buy them used instead". LOL
First of all a $35k G35 isn't anywhere near a baller car, maybe in your tiny little world it is, but it's not bad for what you get.

And what's wrong with buying used tires. Don't forget that people are buying these vehicles for $12k right now. In addition to that if people are dumb enough to throw away perfectly usable tires I don't see a problem with using them.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:54 AM
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
That "bitter *****" comment made me lol :P

I mean a nice car is a nice car to me. I try to look pass the branding thing, that most people ONLY look at which is complete ignorance.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jibberjabbers
Funny how some people bash Hyundai and Kia's, but when it's time for new tires, they go cheap and get Hankooks. lol

"I own an Infinti, I'm a baller man. Oh crap, I need new tires. I'll buy them used instead". LOL
used tires can be a great deal. obviously check the tire out good, tread, how old it is, etc. but like someone said, if its a perfectly good tire, why not? im not into wasting money. i have too many other plans for this car and a couple others i have.

and about the hankooks, bring whatever tire you want to the track and i guarantee my hankooks and i will have at least 5 seconds on you per lap.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I am not heated. This whole forum has greatly gone downhill because of retards who think their 8 year old 12,000 dollar nissan is the end all of cars. I have owned 14 different cars now from almost every manufacture. I caught so much grief of the LS1 forums when I sold my Procharged Firebird Formula for a 3000GT VR4 and it was almost as bad when I sold my VR4 for a Jeep Wrangler.

I have no loyalty of any brand, I buy what I want or believe is best. It is hard for people to admit thier Infiniti luxury car has been outclassed by a Hyaundi for half the MSRP. Just like when Porsche threw a hissy fit when the GTR beat their lap record.
I def understand what you are saying about catching grief from chevy forums about getting an import. it happened to me too. if it wasn't for the small block chevy, i wouldnt even be into cars at all, thats how i grew on cars. i heard a lot of "ricer this" and "japanese crap that", but in reality my coupe is a well put together car. ive put it through some tough situations with power adders and things like that and it has taken all of it.

you can usually tell a good quality car by looking to see how much attention to detail was put into it. like for example the interior is very quiet, no sqeaks or rattles, even on the coldest day and after 100k miles my car is silent on the inside. that says something about the detail put into is. on really cold days, every other car ive had made so many annoying noises. ive never had a genesis, but ive sat in one. the interior looked very cheap to me and i wasnt impressed. i had an open mind to it too, halfway expecting to really like it, but i didnt. i didnt look past the interior cause i didnt want to waste my time. but, if i had, im pretty confident i would have found other things that hinted to a lack of attention to detail. do they even have power seats? i was in another hyundai and it looked pretty nice, untill i looked for the pass side power seat lever, oh wait, it was manual. that says something about how hyundai is cutting some quality corners to keep the price down. the price for a new car is not the manufacture taking a stab in the dark. they keep the price as low as possible when compared to how much it took to make the car. so a cheaper car is naturally going to have some corners cut to keep the final price down. this is great, because not all people care about all the little detail things, so now they have something to buy.

im not trying to say my coupe is a top of the line car or that all hyundais are garbage, they have come a long way, just like nissan did when the name switched from datsun to nissan. i remember the poor image datsun had when i was younger. my dad even told me, never buy a datsun, still gives me crap about that and still calls it a datsun. but, nissan is high quality, the highest? not close, but better than hyundai, i think so.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everyone stop hating on image.. infiniti is starting to get a bad rep from all of the people on their high horse.

i'll admit i am biased..the G is great bang for the buck..but so is the genesis. 10 yr/100k warranty on a car that costs a lot less than the competitors. if you don't care about badge than right now i feel that genesis>g37 due to the warranty/price. g37 is too high tech/heavy for me,

Old 02-10-2011, 10:56 AM
oh, we are comparing to a g37 now? id take a genesis over a g37 based on styling alone, but the quality of a g35 is going to be higher than the genesis. drive the genesis 100k miles for 5 years, then lets see how well its holding up

Old 02-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha i know im like 16 pages late with this but im with shane on page 1.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeGrote
oh, we are comparing to a g37 now? id take a genesis over a g37 based on styling alone, but the quality of a g35 is going to be higher than the genesis. drive the genesis 100k miles for 5 years, then lets see how well its holding up
I really hope you are kidding. The quality of my past 3 Infinitis is some of the worst I have ever seen in my life. I didnt even have to get any of my previous Infinitis to 20k before I had serious issues.

Here are the items I have personally encounted in my previous cars.

2004 G35 (62k miles)
- Hood hinges bent, causing rubbing and damage to my front fenders
- Head lights had moisture entry
- 6 disk cd changer failed
- Driver seat motor failed
- Passenger window motor failed
- Sunroof leaked during car wash
- Rear axle click
- Driver side door speaker failed
- License plate light tab broke, left light hanging
- Leather around shift **** started to peel away
- Leather near the reclining pull on driver seat ripped
- O2 sensor failed

2008 G37 (31k miles)
- Leather on driver seat bubbled (after 10k miles)
- Trim around gauge cluster started to peel at edges
- Plastic around steering wheel buttons straches with just finger nail
- 5th gear syncro failed
- Front rotors warped (after 8k miles)
- Front passenger caliper seal broke (after 20k miles)
- Door pulls looks like they were attacked by freddy kruger
- Stitched lettering on floor mats is worn through

I can almost guarantee I will not have half of the quality issues on my Sonata. If you ever want to talk about G35 quality do a quick search for oil consumption and see how many people here were denied and had to fight corporate.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
hankooks are goood tires btw and great value. i love them as well as the comparable kumho spts. i honestly dont see the value of buying expensive tires for dd

Old 02-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Did someone crash this Genesis coupe head on or is this just how the front actually looks?

Old 02-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by That Black G35
Did someone crash this Genesis coupe head on or is this just how the front actually looks?

hahaha

Old 02-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Honestly I'm just sad to see Nissan being compared to......Hyundai

Old 02-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryosen11
Honestly I'm just sad to see Nissan being compared to......Hyundai
Recently in road & track, the 370z was put up against a Carrera 4s.

How do you think porsche owners feel?

Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Honestly though it has a good overall shape, but the front just looks too big when you see it in person. As far as your infinitis go, whosurbudiee, those have got to be isolated incidents or maybe you just don't know how to take care of your car. I have an 04 and so far notta, the driver window still even works. And there some oil consumption but it has over 100k on it.

If you were a true automobile enthusiast you would not side with a sonata.

And as far as name recognition goes an infiniti is still a nissan to me although it has the capability to compete with other luxury brands it doesn't carry the same price tag. So I'm not siding with the G because of the name, I'm siding with it because it truly is a better car for the money. I classier than the genesis and it will be able to keep up with it on the track. And sonata... don't even think about it. If you think differently then bring your sorry a$$ family car over here and well see what happens

Old 02-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Recently in road & track, the 370z was put up against a Carrera 4s.

How do you think porsche owners feel?
They should be flattered... naw just playin. There's no comparison in quality. On the other hand performance wise that's not too bad of an idea. But overall that's a poor comparison.

Why an all wheel drive vehicle against a rear.
Also much different cost.

Honestly I don't mind the genesis being compared to the G, because similar hp and the genesis is supposed to have a stiff and well balanced chassis. But when people start comparing a run of the mill sedan to a sports car, that just doesn't make sense.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Honest opinions on Genesis>G35